Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Bolsheviks pushing for felon's voting restoration?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

The Judges did rule the people and offer them Security and leadership, you need to read more of the Bible than just the parts that suit you.
    God gave them security when they followed Him,, and allowed oppressors (security and Leadership) when the strayed from Him..

He Raised Judges to Judge the Oppressors.

Forget the 'bible stories' you were told and read the Book.

Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines.” Then he pushed with all his might, and the temple fell on the lords and all the people in it. So in his death he killed more than he had killed in his life.
    Philistines offered Security and Leadership,, same as the rest.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-29-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    God gave them security when they followed Him,, and allowed oppressors (security and Leadership) when the strayed from Him..

He Raised Judges to Judge the Oppressors.

Forget the 'bible stories' you were told and read the Book.

Philistines offered Security and Leadership,, same as the rest.
    GOD gave them security and leadership THROUGH the Judges.

Read about all of them and not just Sampson, Sampson was pretty much their worst judge ever.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

That is not the same thing, their attitude towards the law matters as far as my prediction that many of them would have engaged in other criminal activities, that doesn't mean that unjust laws must be obeyed.
    If you don't think that unjust laws must be obeyed, then why does the defiance of an unjust law lead you to predict that the person would have engaged in other criminal activities?

That's garbage, the only people I described as having criminal tendencies are those that committed actual crimes like burglary, rape and murder.
    You should stick to squirmy nonsense arguments, Wormtongue. It's much less convincing when you blatantly lie.

Here's where you said it:
    If drugs weren't illegal many of those convicted of drug crimes would have done something that should be illegal like burglary to chase easy money.

If that is what you want to discuss then it doesn't matter, there are clear logical differences between crimes that should be felonies and crimes that should be misdemeanors and even if some of them are a matter of degree that is somewhat arbitrary
    See? Weasel-word nonsense works so much better.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If you don't think that unjust laws must be obeyed, then why does the defiance of an unjust law lead you to predict that the person would have engaged in other criminal activities?
    Because many of the people who are willing to break one law in return for high profits will be willing to break another, some of them amy only have broken the law because it was unjust but many broke it simply for the money without caring about whether it was unjust or not.

You should stick to squirmy nonsense arguments, Wormtongue. It's much less convincing when you blatantly lie.

Here's where you said it:
    That's not the same thing, I can't certify that any of those people have criminal tendencies until they break some other law and I said that they should be allowed to vote after being pardoned because of that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Without reading the entire 8 pages to see if anyone else suggested this...

If someone's criminal offense is so violent or atrocious that we cannot trust them to vote, how do we trust them living amongst us after time served?

In Other words:

Either, A- They're too dangerous to ever rejoin society, so they should remain behind bars until their natural demise / executed (different discussion), and they do not vote from prison or the grave.

Or....

B- They are trusted to live among "us" once again, and therefore should be trusted to vote alongside "us" and own firearms, once again.

Boom... Problem solved... whada-eye-win?

The Wooden Injun: 2020
    Last edited by Wooden Indian; 04-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Pay no attention to Venezuela. Hey, look, isn't that willie horton over there?!?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    Without reading the entire 8 pages to see if anyone else suggested this...

If someone's criminal offense is so violent or atrocious that we cannot trust them to vote, how do we trust them living amongst us after time served?

In Other words:

Either, A- They're too dangerous to ever rejoin society, so they should remain behind bars until their natural demise / executed (different discussion), and they do not vote from prison or the grave.

Or....

B- They are trusted to live among "us" once again, and therefore should be trusted to vote alongside "us" and own firearms, once again.

Boom... Problem solved... whada-eye-win?

The Wooden Injun: 2020
    It's been suggested, I understand that point of view and I absolutely agree about the guns part but I believe that those with serious criminal tendencies can't be entrusted with the power of government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...79118759288832

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Even over the top for most "D"s.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It's been suggested, I understand that point of view and I absolutely agree about the guns part but I believe that those with serious criminal tendencies can't be entrusted with the power of government.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

List his felony convictions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Pay no attention to Venezuela. Hey, look, isn't that willie horton over there?!?
    Alumni

Charles “Sonny” Liston – In 1950, Charles Liston arrived at the Missouri State Penitentiary. He was serving time for two charges of robbery with a deadly weapon and two charges of larceny. Liston was illiterate, one of 17 children, and had rarely held a job. While incarcerated, Liston, soon known as “Sonny,” found his niche in life; he learned to box, and he fought very well. One day the publisher of a St. Louis newspaper saw Liston box and thought he showed promise as a professional. The next day he contacted the Board of Probation and Parole. If Liston could be released on parole, the publisher promised, he would personally see that Sonny received a job and training as a boxer. So Sonny Liston was released on parole in 1952 and his rise to success was meteoric. He learned to read and write a bit and his associations with businessmen and managers taught him grooming and polish. He lived and trained at the Pine Street YMCA and began working at Scullins Steel until he could support himself from his earning as a pro boxer. Almost immediately, Liston was entered into the Golden Gloves Amateur Boxing Tournament, held in St. Louis. He won, and then went on to win the National Heavyweight Championship in Chicago in 1953.
    https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/...e-penitentiary
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-30-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

So you would say that no president has ever had criminal tendencies?

Interesting.
    Pinochet is the model

So you would say that no president has ever had criminal tendencies?

Interesting.
    I didn't say that.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Moving the goalposts eh? Tendencies have become convictions now? Typically disingenuous.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 04-30-2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Moving the goalposts eh? Tendencies have become convictions now. Typically disingenuous.
    LOL

The only people I said for sure had criminal tendencies were those that had been convicted of legitimate felonies and they are the only ones I said should not be allowed to vote.

You are moving the goalposts and accusing me of doing so at the same time, that's some pretty heavy spin.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your every other post is sig material. Who the hell do you think we have in government, boy scouts?
    "The Patriarch"

LOL

The only people I said for sure had criminal tendencies were those that had been convicted of legitimate felonies and they are the only ones I said should not be allowed to vote.

You are moving the goalposts and accusing me of doing so at the same time, that's some pretty heavy spin.

And like usual, you're totally full of $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Your every other post is sig material. Who the hell do you think we have in government, boy scouts?
    We can't exclude people until they are caught and convicted.

Why would we want to leave the people who have been caught and convicted in the voter/candidate pool?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And like usual, you're totally full of $#@!.
    Show me where I have said that anyone but those convicted of legitimate felonies should be excluded from voting or holding office because they have criminal tendencies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Show me where I have said that anyone but those convicted of legitimate felonies should be excluded from voting or holding office because they have criminal tendencies.
    Don't try your stupid word games with me boy.
    "The Patriarch"

Don't try your stupid word games with me boy.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My point being that if they truly have displayed and been convicted of these "serious criminal tendencies", to the point they cannot be trusted at a voting booth, why do we trust them living among our loved ones?

If they're so bad they can't vote or possess firearms, why are they not in a cage or dead?

My point being that if they truly have displayed and been convicted of these "serious criminal tendencies", to the point they cannot be trusted at a voting booth, why do we trust them living among our loved ones?

If they're so bad they can't vote or possess firearms, why are they not in a cage or dead?
    That's a legitimate point, worthy of discussion.

Voting isn't a "right".

I am for having persons convicted, once having served their sentence, having all "natural" rights restored.

But that's not what is being proposed here.

Bernie and the rest of the Bolshevik/Jacobin mob want prisoners voting, while still in prison.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I see the possibility that they can be trusted with firearms and all of their other rights but not the power of government, government is not only more powerful than owning your own guns but it also confers a seductive element of legitimacy to whatever crimes you direct it to commit on your behalf.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Florida lawmakers on Friday approved a measure barring people with felony convictions from registering to vote unless they first pay fines, court fees and restitution that can amount to thousands of dollars.

The state's House of Representatives approved the bill 67-42 on Friday, a day after it passed the Senate, and it now goes to Governor Ron DeSantis's desk.
    "We do believe in restoration, we do believe in second chances. We also believe in debts being paid," said Representative James Grant, the sponsor of the measure in the Florida House.
    "I think the product that you're seeing has been an effort to reconcile those two things and make sure that when somebody has paid their debt to society they are able to return to vote," Grant told the local WCTV channel.

After hours of debate, lawmakers reached an agreement under which judges will be able to waive the payments, or allow ex-convicts to pay their debts through community service.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/florida-lawma...002319851.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    As opposed to people who haven't been convicted stealing from you? Guess what? We're all felons whether we know or not or whether or not we've been caught. Are you sure you've never committed a felony? I'm pretty sure I have.
    The only two people I can say for sure have never committed a felony are myself, and Trump.

We're both squeaky clean as a whistle
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The only two people I can say for sure have never committed a felony are myself, and Trump.

I know a lot of people who have never been caught .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Well, you know me and I've also never committed a felony. There's 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast