Thread: Virginia School: AP And Honors Classes Will Be Decided By Skin Color, Not Intelligence

Virginia School: AP And Honors Classes Will Be Decided By Skin Color, Not Intelligence

Virginia School: AP And Honors Classes Will Be Decided By Skin Color, Not Intelligence

A Virginia high sent a disturbing letter to parents and students announcing they would be selecting students for Advanced Placement and honors classes at least partly based on skin color, a concerned parent told Fox News.

“Through our collective work, advanced classes such as AP and Honors will have proportional representation,” read the letter. “Proportional representation is 40% White, 35% Hispanic, 12% African American, 10% mixed race.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds racist.

What does AP and Honors mean? This sounds more like a diversity team for the smartest kids from each race. Not sure that would qualify as AP/Honors though.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    What does AP and Honors mean? This sounds more like a diversity team for the smartest kids from each race. Not sure that would qualify as AP/Honors though.
    With the smartest kids from each race, each diversity team could then compete against each other, to determine the Master Race. Fun!

May the best race win!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    With the smartest kids from each race, each diversity team could then compete against each other, to determine the Master Race. Fun!

May the best race win!
    You win the internets, shut it down.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

May the best race win!
    They would have to change the percentages, since YT has a numbers advantage out of the gate.

This part wasn't a surprise though...
    Through our collective work
    Also, they are discriminating against the "mixed-race", not to mention not asking them what they identify as.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    They would have to change the percentages, since YT has a numbers advantage out of the gate.

This part wasn't a surprise though...

Also, they are discriminating against the "mixed-race", not to mention not asking them what they identify as.
    YT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Honors meant several hours of extra homework each week and more difficult tests. AP meant taking college classes that only students that did extremely well in (the tests) got credit for taking. If a large percentage of the student body is interested in these classes, that is a good thing. The lottery to take them should be blind though, like in charter schools with incoming students.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    YT ?
    Sound it out... it mocks the racial epithet used against white folk...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I feel like a dumb-ass..

I try and think like the kids who want to use acronyms for every-damn-thing and this'n was throwing me...

Well, it's certainly easier to spell.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I feel like a dumb-ass..

I try and think like the kids who want to use acronyms for every-damn-thing and this'n was throwing me...
    Don't feel like a dumbass it's still completely lost on me
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Don't feel like a dumbass it's still completely lost on me
    YT- Why-Tee- Whitey

FWIW: the update to the story has the school denying the claims in the title/article.

With that said, I'll be telling my kid to always mark down that he is native American, black or whatever he wants on any such documents.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    FWIW: the update to the story has the school denying the claims in the title/article.

With that said, I'll be telling my kid to always mark down that he is native American, black or whatever he wants on any such documents.
    Put down Ron Paul American.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Put down Ron Paul American.
    Well maybe if that was an option. But my dna test showed that I had exactly 1 west African gene and DW's test showed a small percentage of injun dna. So come at us race baiters, our kid is mixed race too! His future scholarship opportunities are bright indeed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I was growing up, I was told, we were working toward the day when people would be judged not by their race, but by the content of their character.

What happened to change what we were working toward?

Ever since Obama was president, it seems all that has been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    As I was growing up, I was told, we were working toward the day when people would be judged not by their race, but by the content of their character.

Equality is too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well maybe if that was an option. But my dna test showed that I had exactly 1 west African gene and DW's test showed a small percentage of injun dna. So come at us race baiters, our kid is mixed race too! His future scholarship opportunities are bright indeed.
    It appears I have some Asian blood in me, no idea where itt came from. No affirmative action for me.
    "The Patriarch"

Lol thanks tod. I would have never figured that out
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Certain people fail in the character department so they resort to what they know best- tantrums and taking what doesn't belong to them.
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    It appears I have some Asian blood in me, no idea where itt came from. No affirmative action for me.
    actually it sounds like you are "mixed race" then, congratulations!