Thread: So if the vulnerable are isolated, why can't the rest of us mingle normally?

So if the vulnerable are isolated, why can't the rest of us mingle normally?

Founding Father: "Call off the Battle of Bunker Hill, I've got the corona and there is only a 99.75% chance I am going to live!" SWOON!

On top of that, elderly people are dying alone based on insane policy of keeping them apart from their not-at-risk family members, who would gladly risk a flu to say goodbye to someone they love so much. This is cruelty on top of insanity on top of tyranny. All for something that now looks to have roughly the same death rate as ordinary flu.

Except in a small number of very crowded cities and states, stretching capacity was never an issue, as report after report by even nurses reveal they are still waiting for all those COVID patients to come flooding in. Even in NYC, the hospital ship Mercy sailed off without being needed, and a grand total of 22 beds filled.

If there was any question left that this is not about public health, but ushering in a new era of tyrannical government control, it was answered when we found out that NY Governor Cuomo, along with other governors, was sending COVID patients into nursing homes. Complete with body bags, and over the objections of the nursing home executives. This entire thing could turn around if one brave DA charges Cuomo with negligent homicide or worse, and called as witness the executive who told the NY Post: “Cuomo has blood on his hands. He really does. There’s no way to sugarcoat this.”

Why are we putting up with this?

UPMC doctor argues COVID-19 not as deadly as feared, says its hospitals will shift back to normal
    Updated May 11, 2020;
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...n0yHc7sDfdSk1A

A UPMC doctor on Thursday made a case the death rate for people infected with the new coronavirus may be as low as 0.25% — far lower than the mortality rates of 2-4% or even higher cited in the early days of the pandemic.

Dr. Donald Yealy based it partly on studies of levels of coronavirus antibodies detected in people in New York and California, and partly on COVID-19 deaths in the Pittsburgh region. The studies found that 5-20% of people had been exposed to the coronavirus, with many noticing only mild illness or none at all, he said.

Sweden, no lockdown.
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 05-20-2020 at 06:20 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe its because if you live with your parents or grandparents or loved ones you could make infected if you get it without knowing that you had it. That's an issue with this thing.

It's because of 9/11.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    It's because of 9/11.
    Best explanation so far..

I am blaming the deaths of the Elderly and compromised on Malpractice and Malfeasance or a combination of both.

The Cold is survivable.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

People have been making this argument ever since the lock down started.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    I believe its because if you live with your parents or grandparents or loved ones you could make infected if you get it without knowing that you had it. That's an issue with this thing.
    For $7 trillion you could have put every person over 65 or vulnerable in a Hilton room and just bailed out the hotel industry.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    For $7 trillion you could have put every person over 65 or vulnerable in a Hilton room and just bailed out the hotel industry.
    Not a wise idea to lock up families or every person over 65. You would be doing no different from the communist regimes.