Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My True Calling

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It needs to be super cute. A little cuter won't do for Posh gals.
    The hanger is hanging on the word true... That's super cute, eh?

lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here you go Suz, just remember to not just look at prices and minimum quantity required to order (Min. Order), but the shipping, that's where some of them try to really stick it to you.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...omens+clothing

There are also lots of sites out there that sell overstock, store returns etc. by the pallets, too.

You can just start researching and learning things for now and then take the leap when you know you're actually getting a good deal.

Start with a place like this vvvv (Free Shipping!!)... although you won't be able to order samples

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/wom...U=#cs-014031-2

And remember....... Don't let your calling run you, you run your calling!
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Here you go Suz, just remember to not just look at prices and minimum quantity required to order (Min. Order), but the shipping, that's where some of them try to really stick it to you.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...omens+clothing

There are also lots of sites out there that sell overstock, store returns etc. by the pallets, too.

You can just start researching and learning things for now and then take the leap when you know you're actually getting a good deal.

Start with a place like this vvvv (Free Shipping!!)... although you won't be able to order samples

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/wom...U=#cs-014031-2

And remember....... Don't let your calling run you, you run your calling!
    Thanks! I'll look into those. There are only a few Chinese Wholesale things I would stock because I own them and know they're pretty cool and actually decent quality.

I have these exact shoes and they're perfect for my store. I would like to sell these.

And I've had this cheap necklace for over a year and wear it almost everyday and it still looks new. I wouldn't mind selling these, either. This necklace drives Mr A nuts because I put it on backwards half the time. I keep getting the lecture on how mirrors work. That kinda weirds me out, btw. Now I'm not sure which side of my head my parts on.

As far as letting it run me, I have been but I imagine that once I get the hang of taking photos and listing, that will get better. I don't mind the sourcing, it's like a treasure hunt. I love browsing thrift stores. I always have. As a matter of fact, it's hard for me to shop at a normal store. There's no excitement. Plus, the thrift store always has one freaky customer or employee and I'm a freak magnet. I had one lady follow me around chatting with me about the clothes in my cart. I chatted with her. I'm not sure if she was slow or on drugs but she was entertaining. There's also a gay guy who works at my Goodwill who snaps at me. We chat, too. Mr A stopped in with me once and was like, WTF? How does this guy know my name and why is he snapping at us? lol

Since becoming Posh Ambassador the other day I've noticed a huge spike in my followers and a lot more likes on my items. Only one small sale this weekend, though. Not surprising since weekends really are my slowest time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I found this skort a few weeks ago. I was gonna sell it but I think I love it. I wore it to dinner with the boys earlier. They wouldn't take my pic so I snapped one in the bathroom real quick. I was trying to get a better shot but some rude lady was banging on the door. Oh, and those shoes are Crocs high heels. I don't wanna hear anyone $#@! talking Crocs.

* I really should've had my top tucked in. It looked better tucked. The skort has a belt and it's creating a weird bulge. I didn't tuck it because Mr A told me that skort looked like a loin cloth and he picked on me about my top being tucked last time I wore it - he thought the more I covered the skort, the better. Why do I even listen to that man? He wears Crocs with socks, ffs.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

• My True Calling...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    • My True Calling...
    AND it has pockets.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AND it has pockets.

For condoms?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

For condoms?

I hate condoms.

I hate condoms.

oh, then morning after pills?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

oh, then morning after pills?
    @Suzanimal , are y'all Catholics really allowed to use those things nao? #thetimesareachangin
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I had a weird ass customer today.

Here's how it goes...

She buys a pair of shoes from me and I comment

Thank you, I'll get these to the post office today

and she comments

what about payment...I want it refunded.

o_O

I canceled the order for the dumb ass. Now, I'm going to have to relist them and lose my likers.

Another weirdo. She's nice and bought the top but she keeps chatting in the comments and saying "YIIIIIIPPPPPEEEE". I guess it's better than saying super cute. I saw a girl's closet today and all her listings started with Super Cute, lol. That needs to be her closet name.

Hey Suz, guess wut? I found a day job-ish sort of calling. Not my true calling, but I think it will pay the bills until my true calling gets off the ground srsly. I'm going to start a blog. I think it would be a good calling for me. I'm extremely opinionated, wise, and eloquent with the written word.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Hey Suz, guess wut? I found a day job-ish sort of calling. Not my true calling, but I think it will pay the bills until my true calling gets off the ground srsly. I'm going to start a blog. I think it would be a good calling for me. I'm extremely opinionated, wise, and eloquent with the written word.
    You are. It may be Your True Calling. What kind of blog?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are. It may be Your True Calling. What kind of blog?
    It's going to be similar to Eric Peters' blog in that the emphasis is Voluntaryist politics and philosophy, but I'll also talk about other things I enjoy like music, art, religion, maybe some martial sports, etc.

My 4th grade teacher predicted I would be a writer when I grew up, ya know. Who knew it would actually happen?

It's going to be similar to Eric Peters' blog in that the emphasis is Voluntaryist politics and philosophy, but I'll also talk about other things I enjoy like music, art, religion, maybe some martial sports, etc.

My 4th grade teacher predicted I would be a writer when I grew up, ya know. Who knew it would actually happen?
    Have a Russian word of the day, they're fun and I would tell the people who rung the Russian Singles site you know Danke and they might buy some ads.

Have a Russian word of the day, they're fun and I would tell the people who rung the Russian Singles site you know Danke and they might buy some ads.
    OH! I forgot to mention-one of the other main things I want to do on my blog is explain why people in MSM and on the webbernets are wrong about various things they say. I'll also take cues from stupid and ignorant $#@! regular people say IRL and on the webbernets that irks me. :/

OH! I forgot to mention-one of the other main things I want to do on my blog is explain why people in MSM and on the webbernets are wrong about various things they say. I'll also take cues from stupid and ignorant $#@! regular people say IRL and on the webbernets that irks me. :/
    So, basically what you do here for free.

Three sales yesterday and one so far today. I've been listing a lot today and I had to block another hanger on. Bitches be advertising their closets in the comments on my popular listings. How rude!Blocked and reported as spam.

So, basically what you do here for free.

Three sales yesterday and one so far today. I've been listing a lot today and I had to block another hanger on. Bitches be advertising their closets in the comments on my popular listings. How rude!Blocked and reported as spam.
    EXACTLY! Write what you know, as they say. But of course I would add a great deal of value by making my posts much more lengthy and detailed than I do around here. I'll also prolly cite other sources more often when I criticize people. #keepitclassyandprofessionalalaMurray

Ugh, I just had my first case brought against me. The girl claimed the top is unwearable because there was a loose thread on the inside of the sleeve. I suspect it didn't fit her and since I provided measurements, she couldn't argue fit was the problem. I commented that I didn't mind it being returned. It was only an $8 sale and I'd rather not have the drama.

Ugh, I just had my first case brought against me. The girl claimed the top is unwearable because there was a loose thread on the inside of the sleeve. I suspect it didn't fit her and since I provided measurements, she couldn't argue fit was the problem. I commented that I didn't mind it being returned. It was only an $8 sale and I'd rather not have the drama.
    Yeah, clothing and electronics are the worst things to sell online. People these days know how to work the system. You're lucky she didn't poke a hole in it and then claim it was damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yeah, clothing and electronics are the worst things to sell online. People these days know how to work the system. You're lucky she didn't poke a hole in it and then claim it was damaged.
    I've heard horror stories of people doing that and that's why I didn't fight it. I'll just snip the thread and relist it. I had a feeling it wasn't going to fit her because she asked a million questions about how much stretch the fabric had. I also stalked her Meet the Posher listing and saw she had issues with quite a few sellers. If I fought it and won (which I think I would have), she would've given me a bad rating and brought down my average. I don't have enough sales for a one star not to hurt me and even if I did, I probably wouldn't fight it. I want people to be happy with their purchase. From now on, I will check people's MTP listing if I suspect they're problematic. Lesson learned.

BTW, after I said I was fine with the return, she admitted it wasn't something that would be noticeable but she felt like a blouse that cost that much ($8.00!!!) should be better quality. She provided a photo and it was where a seam ended. It wasn't coming apart it was just a loose thread that needed to be snipped.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard horror stories of people doing that and that's why I didn't fight it. I'll just snip the thread and relist it. I had a feeling it wasn't going to fit her because she asked a million questions about how much stretch the fabric had. I also stalked her Meet the Posher listing and saw she had issues with quite a few sellers. If I fought it and won (which I think I would have), she would've given me a bad rating and brought down my average. I don't have enough sales for a one star not to hurt me and even if I did, I probably wouldn't fight it. I want people to be happy with their purchase. From now on, I will check people's MTP listing if I suspect they're problematic. Lesson learned.

BTW, after I said I was fine with the return, she admitted it wasn't something that would be noticeable but she felt like a blouse that cost that much ($8.00!!!) should be better quality. She provided a photo and it was where a seam ended. It wasn't coming apart it was just a loose thread that needed to be snipped.
    You've got the right attitude. It's only $8 and you can sell it again.

Busy morning.

I had a gyno appt and got my pap smeared and I've been photographing clothes the rest of the day - aside from RPF coffee breaks and a quick dip in the pool.

I've made 2 sales today and I ended up making 5 over the weekend. Bizness is picking up. I have a crazy making me the same dumb offer on a handbag. She's been making the same offer for days. I keep countering and she lets it expire and remakes her lowball offer. I'm asking 80.00 for a really nice handbag. I pulled the comps and the same bag in worse shape sells for around 100. - eighty is a good deal. I have 30 likers on it and since it's more of a fall bag, I'm in no hurry to sell it. Anyway, this loon keeps sending me an offer for 40. I counter with 65 which really is the lowest I'll go and she waits for it to expire and sends me another 40.00 offer. I think she wants it to resell. I had one woman buy some jeans from me - they were a steal and I noticed she relisted them in her closet for three times what she paid. Good for her if she can get it. I couldn't get that price because my following isn't a big.

Another case opened against me. These women...maybe this isn't my true calling.

This woman bought a pair of brand new sock booties from me. I got them on clearance at Target at the end of last winter and never wore them so I listed them and made my money back. Anyway, she says they smell like dirty feet. LOL, wat? I swear, I never wore these boots and my feet don't stink. Once again, I told Posh I would take them back.

Edited to add:
    She sent Poshmark a photo of the boots to prove they smell bad. Are these people retarded? No offense to retards.
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 08-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Busy morning.

I had a gyno appt and got my pap smeared and I've been photographing clothes the rest of the day - aside from RPF coffee breaks and a quick dip in the pool.

I've made 2 sales today and I ended up making 5 over the weekend. Bizness is picking up. I have a crazy making me the same dumb offer on a handbag. She's been making the same offer for days. I keep countering and she lets it expire and remakes her lowball offer. I'm asking 80.00 for a really nice handbag. I pulled the comps and the same bag in worse shape sells for around 100. - eighty is a good deal. I have 30 likers on it and since it's more of a fall bag, I'm in no hurry to sell it. Anyway, this loon keeps sending me an offer for 40. I counter with 65 which really is the lowest I'll go and she waits for it to expire and sends me another 40.00 offer. I think she wants it to resell. I had one woman buy some jeans from me - they were a steal and I noticed she relisted them in her closet for three times what she paid. Good for her if she can get it. I couldn't get that price because my following isn't a big.
    300% markup, eh? Dang! Not bad. Very common on ebay, but IDK about Posh, so I wouldn't have expected it.

300% markup, eh? Dang! Not bad. Very common on ebay, but IDK about Posh, so I wouldn't have expected it.
    The jeans retail for 200.00 and I sold them to her for 20.00. They were like new, too. I only paid 2.00 for them. I wore them a few times but they were a little too big and kept sliding down on me. Now that I have more followers, I wouldn't accept such a low offer but I was just trying to get sales under my belt. She gave me a 5 star rating and a nice love note.

This woman bought a pair of brand new sock booties from me. I got them on clearance at Target at the end of last winter and never wore them so I listed them and made my money back. Anyway, she says they smell like dirty feet. LOL, wat? I swear, I never wore these boots and my feet don't stink. Once again, I told Posh I would take them back.

Edited to add:
    She sent Poshmark a photo of the boots to prove they smell bad. Are these people retarded? No offense to retards.
    Remember me saying I hated selling clothes? This is why.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Remember me saying I hated selling clothes? This is why.

She never gets returns selling her dirty undies.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Edited to add:
    You’ll need one of these for measuring...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast