Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DOJ indicts Jesse Benton and John Tate

DOJ indicts Jesse Benton and John Tate

DOJ press release:
    http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/three-...-state-senator
    Last edited by tsai3904; 08-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Question is do they step down from America's Liberty PAC supporting Rand?
    Rand Paul for Peace

lol.... what can you even say about this. Political corruption at it's finest. Let 'em fry.

A USC 1001 prosecution.

Well and truly $#@!ed.

THREE MEMBERS OF 2012 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN STAFF CHARGED WITH CONCEALING PAYMENTS MADE TO STA

I'm sure someone else will post this but just saw it hit my alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

I'm sure someone else will post this but just saw it hit my alert.
    Why in the world did you post this in the Rand section? This is about certain people from Ron's 2012 campaign.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ce-violations/

Jesse Benton, a longtime ally of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) who is heading up a super PAC supporting his presidential campaign, was indicted Wednesday on charges that he concealed payments to a former Iowa state senator.

The charges stem from an alleged endorsement-for-pay scheme during the 2012 presidential campaign of former Republican congressman Ron Paul of Texas. Two others were also indicted.

“Federal campaign finance laws are intended to ensure the integrity and transparency of the federal election process,” said Assistant Attorney General Leslie R. Caldwell in a statement announcing the indictment. “When political operatives make under-the-table payments to buy an elected official’s political support, it undermines public confidence in our entire political system.”

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A USC 1001 prosecution.

Well and truly $#@!ed.
    Unexpected ?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's all part of Jesse Benton's master plan

How many times will this fool have to embarrass us before he is run out of the movement for good? Or does nepotism trump everything else in the Paul sphere?

I'm glad that Benton isn't part of Rand's official campaign, but I hope that he steps down as his position as head of the Super Pac.

Positive for Rand's campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    It's all part of Jesse Benton's master plan
    I'm sure Matt Collins will show that in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Why in the world did you post this in the Rand section? This is about certain people from Ron's 2012 campaign.
    Well...there were some of us that said, over a year ago, that Rand should avoid Benton like the plague and have nothing to do with him.

TPTB have played their biggest card. The Ministry of Truth couldn't keep Rand out of the debate, so now it's time for the Ministry of Love to step in...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Do you recall that this was the move by Benton that gave Santorum the victory in Iowa?

Sorenson was supporting Michelle Bachman. That was beneficial to Paul because Bachman was taking votes away from Santorum. Then, after Sorenson was bribed to support Paul, Bachman's campaign collapsed, her support went to Santorum, and then he won Iowa.

It was a desperate move to stop Ron Paul from winning Iowa.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least they're not coming after Ron.

According to the official indictment, presidential contender Ron Paul had no idea about the arrangement.
    http://www.nationaljournal.com/2016-...=walkingheader

^^ Actually a really interesting take on it jj.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    I'm sure Matt Collins will show that in detail.
    Sending the bat signal. Collins to appear in 3...2..1....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well...there were some of us that said, over a year ago, that Rand should avoid Benton like the plague and have nothing to do with him.
    I was one of them.

Where's Matt?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Unexpected ?
    Yeah, frankly.

I would have figured they, or their lawyers, would have had the sense to tell them to dummy up when talking to the feds.

Benton is additionally charged with making false statements to the FBI
    Since it was FBI and not FEC, the investigation was already underway.

Shut the $#@! up at that point.

Say nothing!

boneyard bill, Brett85, compromise, menciusmoldbug, MichaelDavis, Okaloosa, Rocco, Aratus, AuH2O, brandon, CaptLouAlbano, Crashland, eduardo89, Galileo Galilei, IndianaPolitico, lib3rtarian, mwkaufman, niklarin, NY-Dano, Randslide, rbohlig, specsaregood, TaftFan, WD-NY wouldn't that have been a peach?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/poll.ph...do=showresults

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Do you recall that this was the move by Benton that gave Santorum the victory in Iowa?

Sorenson was supporting Michelle Bachman. That was beneficial to Paul because Bachman was taking votes away from Santorum. Then, after Sorenson was bribed to support Paul, Bachman's campaign collapsed, her support went to Santorum, and then he won Iowa.

It was a desperate move to stop Ron Paul from winning Iowa.
    Sounds about right.

Last edited by jj-; 08-05-2015 at 11:26 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    boneyard bill, Brett85, compromise, menciusmoldbug, MichaelDavis, Okaloosa, Rocco, Aratus, AuH2O, brandon, CaptLouAlbano, Crashland, eduardo89, Galileo Galilei, IndianaPolitico, lib3rtarian, mwkaufman, niklarin, NY-Dano, Randslide, rbohlig, specsaregood, TaftFan, WD-NY wouldn't that have been a peach?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/poll.ph...do=showresults
    I just voted that way as a joke, because so many people hated him so much, and I didn't really understand why. But now I better understand why people dislike him so much and didn't want him to have anything to do with Rand's campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I was one of them.

Where's Matt?
    Oh, yes, I know...

Somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't cut it.

Dang, this sucks for everyone. I can't say I'm shocked it happened. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hope the charges are false. I feel very sorry for both of their families.

From the purely political side of things though, its a shame Benton and Tate didn't stay away from the PAC this cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

DOJ site - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The timing is obviously purely accidental

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast