Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iran Was Paying Bounties On US Troops In Afghanistan. Trump Killed The Man Responsible

Iran Was Paying Bounties On US Troops In Afghanistan. Trump Killed The Man Responsible

U.S. intelligence agencies reported Monday that the Iranian regime paid bounties to a Taliban-backed Haqqani terrorist network to execute at least six attacks on U.S. military installations in Afghanistan, according to CNN.

The intelligence community identified the link between Iran and the terrorist group in December after an attack on the Bagram Air Force Base killed two civilians and injured more than 70 others, CNN reported.

Two Trump administration officials speaking to CNN said the bounties were the catalyst for the White House decision to take out Iranian Quds Force General Qasem Soleimani by drone in January ,who Trump suggested was plotting subsequent assaults on U.S. forces in the region.

CNN’s Monday revelation comes weeks after reports from the New York Times of Russian bounties paid on U.S. troops based on anonymous leaks, giving further ammunition to Democrats breathlessly attempting to revive claims that the American president is a compromised Russian agent.

White House Press Secretary Kaleigh McEnany said in June that a lack of consensus existed within the intelligence community over the validity of the charges against the Kremlin placing bounties on members of the American military. McEnany asserted however, that if consensus was reached, the Trump administration was prepared to take action.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a frequent critic of President Donald Trump, and Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth McKenzie, both implied U.S. intelligence reports and military commanders on the ground did not believe the reported Russian bounty program was a “serious problem” and had not led to the deaths of any U.S. soldiers.

More at: https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/17...n-responsible/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Iran invaded and occupied Mexico, while calling for regime change in D.C., the US would perhaps do more than put bounties on said Iranians.

Hmm. This was fakenews when it was the Russians.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Iran has a history of supporting terrorists who are killing Americans, Russia doesn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    If Iran invaded and occupied Mexico, while calling for regime change in D.C., the US would perhaps do more than put bounties on said Iranians.
    And?
    Do you think Iran would not kill any Americans who did this in such a case?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Iran has a history of supporting terrorists who are killing Americans, Russia doesn't.
    Trump seems to have taken this seriously while he declared the Russia thing fake and did nothing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The US has a history of fabricating casi belli for war with Iran.

The US has a history of fabricating casi belli for war with Iran.
    And Trump has a history of refusing to start a war with Iran.

It seems he stopped a war Iran was trying to provoke, things are a lot cooler over there now than they were before he killed Solly, we are even withdrawing troops from Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So did Obama and Bush.

Trump destroyed the peace treaty and set the stage for the current tension.

He's objectively worse on Iran than Obama, about the same as Bush (though, in W's defense, he wasn't really running the show).

It seems he stopped a war Iran was trying to provoke, things are a lot cooler over there now than they were before he killed Solly, we are even withdrawing troops from Iran and Saudi Arabia.

The idea that Iran has ever, or ever would, want to start a war with the US is insane.

Their whole foreign policy (including the bluffing) is designed to prevent such a war.

...I hear Mila Kunis wants to arrange a bare knuckle fight with Mike Tyson.

So did Obama and Bush.

Trump destroyed the peace treaty and set the stage for the current tension.

He's objectively worse on Iran than Obama, about the same as Bush (though, in W's defense, he wasn't really running the show).

The idea that Iran has ever, or ever would, want to start a war with the US is insane.

Their whole foreign policy (including the bluffing) is designed to prevent such a war.

...I hear Mila Kunis wants to arrange a bare knuckle fight with Mike Tyson.
    Iran wants a war but they want it to look like it is our fault, Trump got rid of an illegal agreement that O'Bummer implemented without the approval of the Senate and has been deescalating things in the gulf and bringing out troops home, Bush tried to prepare for a war that McCain was going to start and O'Bummer sold out to Iran.
    If Iran didn't want a war they wouldn't have attacked our bases in Iraq and if Trump wanted one he would have struck back.
    Solly was trying to set up attacks that would have been used to force Trump into a war with Iran.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Iran wants a war but they want it to look like it is our fault, Trump got rid of an illegal agreement that O'Bummer implemented without the approval of the Senate and has been deescalating things in the gulf and bringing out troops home, Bush tried to prepare for a war that McCain was going to start and O'Bummer sold out to Iran.
    If Iran didn't want a war they wouldn't have attacked our bases in Iraq and if Trump wanted one he would have struck back.
    Solly was trying to set up attacks that would have been used to force Trump into a war with Iran.
    Any war between the US and Iran would clearly result in the ousting, if not killing, of the entire Iranian leadership.

And you think they want such a war? Why?

Are you confusing Tehran for Tel Aviv? The latter certainly wants this war.

Any war between the US and Iran would clearly result in the ousting, if not killing, of the entire Iranian leadership.

And you think they want such a war? Why?

Are you confusing Tehran for Tel Aviv? The latter certainly wants this war.
    The Mullahs have places to run and they want a quagmire to finish America for good, they are confident that they and their friends (like China) will be around to pick up the pieces.

Israel would like us to attack Iran because they think we will destroy the Mullahs and they don't care if we survive.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let's start with the true part:

Israel would like us to attack Iran because they think we will destroy the Mullahs and they don't care if we survive.
    And now for something completely different:

The Mullahs have places to run and they want a quagmire to finish America for good, they are confident that they and their friends (like China) will be around to pick up the pieces.
    The US military could annihilate Iran, up to and including turning the entire country into radioactive glass.

They know this.

They do not want this.

They're desperately trying to put in place as many deterrents as possible, including their nuclear program and their relationship with China.

There is zero (0) chance that Iran will start a war with the US.

Hell, they barely could do so if they wanted (they can't actually get here to do anything).

And it still is now for the same reasons. You don't have to pay the Taliban to want to kill Americans.

You've forgotten the Cold War. And Putin is former KGB. Still I don't believe either story.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

When was Iran trying to provoke a war? Never actually.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And it still is now for the same reasons. You don't have to pay the Taliban to want to kill Americans.
    No, but you can help fund their war effort to make them even more effective by doing it.

You've forgotten the Cold War. And Putin is former KGB. Still I don't believe either story.
    I said Russia not the USSR, Russia is not our enemy the way the USSR was and Trump and Putin are trying to improve relations.
    But even if you want to equate Russia and the USSR it has been quite some time since Russia funded people who killed Americans but Iran does it all the time and brags about it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When was Iran trying to provoke a war? Never actually.
    When they had their openly allied and funded proxies attack our embassy in Iraq, Solly was flying in to supervise further provocations.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

When they had their openly allied and funded proxies attack our embassy in Iraq, Solly was flying in to supervise further provocations.
    out of reps

Like the Iraqi WMD intel, by any chance did our closest ally in the whole world helped with this intel also?

In any case, would this development change stay/leave considerations... or make it even more necessary to not abandon our vital allies in Afghanistan after 2020 by leaving 5000-8600 troops there to keep Iran surrounded from both sides?

Bush-Cheney era officials did end up pushing fake Iraq WMD intel accidentally but GOP-Adelson funded leadership has much sharper mind and so far stronger track record of being straight shooter and not playing politics with national security.

Excellent observation.
    Speaking of history, which country tied to top donors also has an interest in keeping US-Iran tensions high and has history of pushing fakenews/launching false flag attacks to frame others in order to stop exit of foreign troops? In simple words, which country has a history of deception to get others to fight its wars?

Hint:
    Israel honors Jewish terrorists who bombed US-UK civilian buildings with aim to to blame it on 'Muslim Brotherhood'
    The Lavon Affair refers to a failed Israeli covert operation, code named Operation Susannah, conducted in Egypt in the Summer of 1954. As part of the false flag operation, a group of Egyptian Jews were recruited by Israeli military intelligence to plant bombs inside Egyptian, American and British-owned civilian targets, cinemas, libraries and American educational centers. The attacks were to be blamed on the Muslim Brotherhood, Egyptian Communists, "unspecified malcontents" or "local nationalists" with the aim of creating a climate of sufficient violence and instability to induce the British government to retain its occupying troops in Egypt's Suez Canal zone.
    After Israel publicly denied any involvement in the incident for 51 years, the surviving agents were officially honored in 2005 by being awarded certificates of appreciation by Israeli President Moshe Katzav.

Israel's plan was to bomb Western targets, make it seem as though Egypt was behind the attacks
    Nov. 11, 2009

'But Sir, It’s an American Ship.' 'Never Mind, Hit Her!'

Un-Related

FAKE IRAQ WMD INTEL CASE: TRUMP PARDONS SCOOTER LIBBY

Pardoning Scooter Libby is Trump's swampiest decision

April 13, 2018
    On the campaign trail in 2015 and 2016, Donald Trump railed against the Iraq War (never mind his support for the 2003 invasion), beat up on the Bush family political dynasty and, with three words that pulled together all that and more, promised to "drain the swamp" in Washington.

A couple years on, the bog remains thick with the creatures Trump promised to drive out. He's even introduced some new breeds. But there is nothing that Trump or his lieutenants have done that comes close, in sheer fetid swampiness, to pardoning the criminal former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, a move the White House made official on Friday.
    Concluding that Cheney's office had dismissed evidence, turned up by Wilson, that dented the case for invading Iraq, Wilson concluded his piece by writing: "The act of war is the last option of a democracy, taken when there is a grave threat to our national security. More than 200 American soldiers have lost their lives in Iraq already. We have a duty to ensure that their sacrifice came for the right reasons."

Fifteen years on, nearly 5,000 US service members are among the Iraq War dead. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis were killed. The violence continues to this day, most notably as part of the fight to permanently uproot ISIS.

Libby was one of the leading proponents of the war. President George W. Bush spared him from serving prison time, commuting a 30-month sentence, deeming it "excessive." From there, a long campaign -- spearheaded by Libby's powerful friends in Washington's permanent ruling class -- began its work. Among the more vocal Libby defenders, according to The New York Times, is new Trump national security adviser John Bolton.

Hours after word came down on Friday, a spokesman for Bush said of the pardon, "President Bush is very pleased for Scooter and his family."

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    out of reps
    So, it's true; Navy folk are dumb.

So, it's true; Navy folk are dumb.
    Well, Solly WAS flying in to supervise further provocations. They killed him at an IRAQUI airfield didn't they?

Well, Solly WAS flying in to supervise further provocations. They killed him at an IRAQUI airfield didn't they?
    Sure, but why do we care?

Why do we have bases in Mesopotamia at all?

We care because we have a right to an embassy in Iraq, we have a duty to defend our troops whether we should bring them home or not and because Iran has nor right to come to Iraq to kill our people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We care because we have a right to an embassy in Iraq, we have a duty to defend our troops whether we should bring them home or not and because Iran has nor right to come to Iraq to kill our people.
    Right of conquest, then?

Okay Cheney

The US is ripe for hubris.

Read your Thucydides.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You mean embassies? Because that is what we were protecting, and we have every right to. Military bases are another matter altogether. And since we don't need to worry about the shipping of oil through that region as much, now that we don't need it anymore, and the war is winding down, we can begin closing them. I believe that Trump wants us out of there. He is a business man.

And, in lieu of Pericles, we have a retarded chimp, so...

Right of conquest, then?

Okay Cheney

The US is ripe for hubris.

Read your Thucydides.
    It's amazing, I didn't write anything about right of conquest and even hinted that we should withdraw our troops but you read my mind and knew what I was really thinking.

Please share with us mere mortals the secrets of your mental powers oh great swami.

Nothing you have said or implied means we shouldn't have an embassy, should allow our troops to be killed by a 3rd party or that Iran has a right to enter a 3rd country and kill our people. (civilian embassy workers were targeted in addition to our troops)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You mean embassies? Because that is what we were protecting, and we have every right to. Military bases are another matter altogether. And since we don't need to worry about the shipping of oil through that region as much, now that we don't need it anymore, and the war is winding down, we can begin closing them. I believe that Trump wants us out of there. He is a business man.
    He has been withdrawing troops and handing bases over to the Iraqis.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What is the advantage to the US of even having embassies there? What is the purpose of an embassy?

When the US economy goes to $#@! and D.C. wants to blame the Chinese, your floating friends can try to enforce an oil embargo on China.

But that's not going to happen (the Chinese will win) and, in any event, we don't need air bases in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Here's why we're still there; (1) no one wants to admit failure, and (2) it's very profitable for politically connected companies.

It's amazing, I didn't write anything about right of conquest and even hinted that we should withdraw our troops but you read my mind and knew what I was really thinking.

Please share with us mere mortals the secrets of your mental powers oh great swami.

Nothing you have said or implied means we shouldn't have an embassy, should allow our troops to be killed by a 3rd party or that Iran has a right to enter a 3rd country and kill our people. (civilian embassy workers were targeted in addition to our troops)
    Trump Good, herpa derp.

There you go, nothing further to discuss.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast