Thread: Given the new proliferation of vests should one learn to shoot for the pelvic region?

Given the new proliferation of vests should one learn to shoot for the pelvic region?

Just an idea I was mulling. There's allot of vests out there these days, whether cop, Fed or civilian. All in variable degrees of efficiency.

Perhaps a new training method should be added to the roster. I term it T.D.S. "The Dick Shot..'

Chest shots are made for one reason. All that life affirming $#@! lies there. It is the spot to hit to put down the threat as quickly as possible. But, tactical ballistics vests are selling off the shelves. A double or triple tap to the chest may only cause major pain to a vested adversary.

Where as there is some serious 'threat stoppin'' $#@! going on in the hinter regions. You've got femoral arteries and well, a dudes dick. Nothing like taking the fight out of someone than them experiencing dick bleed.

Just a random thought.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You may be on to something .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Hone your skill to hit what you shoot.

Hand Foot or head..

Though 458 socom will make a vest moot.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Hone your skill to hit what you shoot.

Hand Foot or head..

Though 458 socom will make a vest moot.
    C'mon, Pete. Not all of us are Jessie James. We shoot for mass regions. Moving targets more so. I'd love to be able to light a strike match held by on a ballerina doing a pirouette on the back of a galloping horse. And a 458 Socom isn't E.D.C. for most of us. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    C'mon, Pete. Not all of us are Jessie James. We shoot for mass regions. Moving targets more so. I'd love to be able to light a strike match held by on a ballerina doing a pirouette on the back of a galloping horse. And a 458 Socom isn't E.D.C. for most of us. Yet.
    Punkin balls then..

That Black Powder Sharps on the wall..

Hit that bastard with !500/2000 Foot/Pounds and it won't matter if you penetrate him. You will pulverize him.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I expect to see Marketed Groin Guards behind this thread.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Punkin balls then..

That Black Powder Sharps on the wall..

Hit that bastard with !500/2000 Foot/Pounds and it won't matter if you penetrate him. You will pulverize him.
    As I mentioned. E.D.C.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As I mentioned. E.D.C.
    I only concealed when I was nefarious.

Military Training and most private teach Center Mass..
    and the Vests are pushed,,even to me. (Prohibited)

If I ever have a gun again..I will not be shooting at vests.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I shoot at hips on anything with suspected armor.
    Do something Danke

Always aim center-of-mass. In a real home-defense situation, you are almost certainly going to be startled / taken by surprise. Your adrenaline is going to be at 11 on a scale of 1-10, you will be unable to control your breathing, and your hands will be shaking. Source: me (don't ask). Maybe this doesn't apply if you're a combat-vet and you've been through the routine so many times that you're numb to it. But for the other 99.99% of us, center-of-mass is key. Train with both eyes open. If you've been doing it your whole life with one eye, that's fine, you're never going to break that habit for range-shooting, but it's still good to spend a little time drilling aiming with both eyes open because that's how it's going down when SHTF, whether you like it or not:

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Always aim center-of-mass. In a real home-defense situation, you are almost certainly going to be startled / taken by surprise. Your adrenaline is going to be at 11 on a scale of 1-10, you will be unable to control your breathing, and your hands will be shaking. Source: me (don't ask). Maybe this doesn't apply if you're a combat-vet and you've been through the routine so many times that you're numb to it. But for the other 99.99% of us, center-of-mass is key. Train with both eyes open. If you've been doing it your whole life with one eye, that's fine, you're never going to break that habit for range-shooting, but it's still good to spend a little time drilling aiming with both eyes open because that's how it's going down when SHTF, whether you like it or not:

All good advise. I've even adapted from one eyed shooting growing up to two eye shooting today. And highly recommend. I did not find it especially hard and it really opened up the periphery. I was specifically speaking to training low in instances that you know someone is armored. Encounters with cops today you are looking at a 100% chance of body armor. Most security guards if they are armed security. And most of the participants at 2A musters. I've seen many Anti-fa, Black Nation members wearing it. So I'm not talking about total transformation to 'the dick shot.' I'm merely suggesting it as an extra routine.

All good advise. I've even adapted from one eyed shooting growing up to two eye shooting today. And highly recommend. I did not find it especially hard and it really opened up the periphery. I was specifically speaking to training low in instances that you know someone is armored. Encounters with cops today you are looking at a 100% chance of body armor. Most security guards if they are armed security. And most of the participants at 2A musters. I've seen many Anti-fa, Black Nation members wearing it. So I'm not talking about total transformation to 'the dick shot.' I'm merely suggesting it as an extra routine.
    Sure, I understand. Tactical awareness (aka "common sense") is always required. But you're never wrong to put shots on center-of-mass while you figure out what is really going on. If it's dark, you may not be able make out exactly what they're wearing, anyway. And even with body armor, a shot from a .45 or equivalent isn't just a bee-sting. If they don't go down on the first one or two shots, you should already be walking up the sternum.

If you were caught in some kind of standoff situation with body-armored assailants (as you note, police are not the only ones up-armored nowadays), you don't want to be doing that with a handgun if you can help it. If the shotgun is in the closet, maybe lay down a little suppression fire with your handgun before snatching the shotgun. You're going to want something that packs as much punch as possible because if you hit armor, you still want to deliver as much trauma as possible, maybe even knock the wind out of them. It's just a bad situation to be in and I hope I never have to deal with something like that.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 03-22-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I recall @CCTelander posting a thread about an open sourced armor piercing bullet.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I recall @CCTelander posting a thread about an open sourced armor piercing bullet.

That would be here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...d-Austin-Jones

I see you found and bumped it before I got to it. Thanks!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I do remember something along those lines. They hadn't come to market yet. Went back 10 pages but couldn't find it.

Both eyes is probably a good idea for most..

I have weird eyes..
    I am right handed and left eyed..
    My big brother says I do it wrong,, but I put groups on paper.
    Technically wrong,, but it works for me.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A number of factors come into play - your weapon type and ammunition you carry. The pelvic area has about 3 times the mass of the head, so greater probability of a hit. The hit tends to be debilitating, and if not underway almost immediately to a med facility, will cause bleed out.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    A number of factors come into play - your weapon type and ammunition you carry. The pelvic area has about 3 times the mass of the head, so greater probability of a hit. The hit tends to be debilitating, and if not underway almost immediately to a med facility, will cause bleed out.
    Interesting points. And I think @phill4paul for the thread. I recently saw an old episode of The Unit where Delta Force operators were going up against terrorists undercover as U.S. National Guard troops. One of operators said "go for the head and the groin." But what I also found interesting was that some arrows can pierce kevlar.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Just an idea I was mulling. There's allot of vests out there these days, whether cop, Fed or civilian. All in variable degrees of efficiency.

Perhaps a new training method should be added to the roster. I term it T.D.S. "The Dick Shot..'

Chest shots are made for one reason. All that life affirming $#@! lies there. It is the spot to hit to put down the threat as quickly as possible. But, tactical ballistics vests are selling off the shelves. A double or triple tap to the chest may only cause major pain to a vested adversary.

Where as there is some serious 'threat stoppin'' $#@! going on in the hinter regions. You've got femoral arteries and well, a dudes dick. Nothing like taking the fight out of someone than them experiencing dick bleed.

Just a random thought.

This was part of combat training when I was in the Army (fairly sure I have mentioned it here before, but would have been years ago). If the enemy is wearing body armor you shoot for the groin area (testicles, pelvic bone, femoral artery, bowels, hip joints, ect). Basically, anything you hit will at worst put them out of the fight and at best take three out of the fight with one dragging them to safety and another laying suppressive fire at you to prevent more rounds on them. Even if they're wearing a "dick plate" there are big creases where you can slip rounds through.

Of course, since my battle rifle is a Sig Sauer 716 Patrol (.308) I purchased half a case worth of old .30-.06 AP rounds and reloaded them onto .308 shell casings (completely legal). SO someone thinking they were the terminator trying to walk me down would have a really bad day. I say that because without a rifle I'm not going to fight anyone wearing body armor....I'm going to use my pistol to lay suppressive fire best I can and get the hell away.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato