Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate/"sock puppet" accounts are NOT allowed

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    You know you can get the password emailed to you?
    Here's the thing, I set up email accounts for the purpose of the forum accounts only and never bothered to remember those passwords either.

After learning my lesson a couple of times, I am happy to say I have both my account and email passwords.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Yes, those are legitimate reasons for alt-account users to be banned.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it's normal for young guys to rep themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    I think it's normal for young guys to rep themselves.
    Excessive repping may cause blindness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

and using a sock puppet to do it might give ya athletes root

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    and using a sock puppet to do it might give ya athletes root
    Sadly my evil anonymous (although it had the same name as this account) sock puppet account count give reps if not I'd have been repping myself all night long, until it hurt.

Wow, I'm unbanned a year later
    Last edited by eduardo89; 01-16-2013 at 10:59 PM.

see something - say something.

Report suspicious sock-puppet behavior, folks.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    see something - say something.

Report suspicious sock-puppet behavior, folks.

God that is so $#@!ing creepy.

And, as I've stated elsewhere, there is no legitimate reason for anyone to be using an alternate account other than (1) rep whoring, (2) circumventing a ban, (3) trolling anonymously.
    One could come in handy with the "New Posts" function.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    JohnLVT was already banned.
    And now so have you? Interesting. Do we now find out that 90% of the members are fake? I knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    And now so have you? Interesting. Do we now find out that 90% of the members are fake? I knew it!
    Hope Eduardo wasn't perma-banned. I notice Collins isn't, despite being the 2nd biggest offender of the rule next to Fire11.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Kluge View Post
    Hope Eduardo wasn't perma-banned. I notice Collins isn't, despite being the 2nd biggest offender of the rule next to Fire11.
    I'm onto you. You aren't real. You are a doctorate student's project in the field of A.I.

I'm onto you. You aren't real. You are a doctorate student's project in the field of A.I.
    Beep.
    Well, I got Rand started on his campaign (just search around here to see). I advised Thomas Massie before he ran for Congress. I am currently advising 2 liberty campaigns for the state legislature. I ran the war-room and won Minnesota for Ron Paul a few weeks back. There are other things I'm probably forgetting.
    Yet I can't afford $200 to go to a seminar--Matt Collins

If it wasn't for rep whores, sock puppets and trolls this place would be as boring as politics

Eduardo banned?
    ‎"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
    -Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Eduardo banned?
    Yeah, we have no more tolerance for silly canuckixcans telling us how to live our life.

It WOULD explain low vote totals.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's coming. The banocaust will happen one day.
    Yep. Especially considering eduardo just got banned. This is getting stupid.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How do you think Fire11 is able to come back every other week or so?
    Why do you think he gets banned every time?
    Because he's dumb enough to keep posting links to his same silly website.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

What if two people live together, thus sharing an IP address, have their own account on RPF?
    Do you have nothing better to do than to come up with hypothetical situations that might make the rule ambiguous?

amy31416 and Kludge are two different people, and it's very clear that they're two different people. There are other examples.

If we have evidence that an individual is using multiple accounts, these rules will apply.
    It ain't just a "hypothetical". Lots of people operated behind firewalls that make multiple accounts look like they have the same IP address. Think of anybody logged in to a university account for example.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    he was posting with an obvious sockpuppet account last night.

What if two people live together, thus sharing an IP address, have their own account on RPF?
    Allow me to add, that the only reason that Matt Collins was given license to add a "sock puppet" account was because he asked JoshLowry directly, because he was hired by the campaign and wanted to be able to post anonymously. Not only was he unable to post anonymously, but he was also unable to avoid trolling while using the alternate account.

Knowing this was a problem, but realizing that Matt Collins was an example that made it seem ok to have "sock puppet" accounts, we decided to make the announcement and apply the rule on a go-forward basis, so that they were clear in advance of any action being taken.

And, as I've stated elsewhere, there is no legitimate reason for anyone to be using an alternate account other than (1) rep whoring, (2) circumventing a ban, (3) trolling anonymously.
    So those are legitimate reasons?
    Yes, those are legitimate reasons for alt-account users to be banned.
    Poor logic and even poorer use of the English language. Someone might go for an alt account because they realize it was a mistake to use their real name instead of some anonymous nick name like the overwhelming majority of people here. Some folks are total pricks sometimes, but it's "okay" because they know that nobody who Google's these threads 10 years from know will have a clue who "RonPaulAssKicker" is. So someone might want the freedom to act like the rest of the anonymous horde here. Unless you consider typical behavior "trolling".......

As far at the use of English, your construction was "these are legitimate reasons for sock puppet accounts". What you meant was "There are no legitimate reasons for sock puppet accounts. The only reason people get them are for ....... and those are reasons for bans anyway". Sorry to go all "MelissaW" on you, but somebody has to.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It is an exercise in power. It is a demonstration on how power works. It doesn't take much power to be powerful. This is why taking over the GOP won't deliver freedom. The people in power will make sure of it.

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from either class." - Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

If I read that thread correctly, it sounded like he admitted it and said he'd stop once he was told it wasn't kosher.
    I may have missed something if he did something beyond that.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Can't please everyone. I applaud the mods finally putting this in the site rules, officially.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this is great to get rid of the multiple accounts and the rule should have been put in place long ago.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-06-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I've just read over eduardo's recent posts. I haven't seen anything outside of the rules at all or anything negative at all except for mild criticism of policy in this thread. If that's why he was banned then that's pretty sad.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-06-2012 at 09:12 AM.

I have never been a moderator and would not want to be. Help me understand. Why are sock puppets bad? It seems dynamic to me.

Can you link me to that thread? Just curious and I want to see it.
    ‎"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
    -Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast