Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Are The Oath Keepers Now?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Criminy d00d, don't take comments so much to heart.
    Apologizing and saying something positive about the Oath Keepers might go a long way.

Neither of which you have done.

Just a thought!

People don't like their projects, on which they have done actual long hours of actual work and even put their actual lives on the actual line, pissed on by internet cowboys.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Their productive, successful projects which have actually helped people, furthered liberty, and made a difference in the real world, I might add.

Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 11-28-2016 at 12:19 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Apologizing and saying something positive about the Oath Keepers might go a long way.

Neither of which you have done.

Just a thought!

People don't like their projects, on which they have done actual long hours of actual work and even put their actual lives on the actual line, pissed on by internet cowboys.
    Apologize for asking a forthright question?

I've said plenty of positive things about them in the past, but if that is what this is all about, I've had nothing but respect for the concept of the organization, not to mention that which they did during the Bundy Ranch affair. Malheur left me wondering what was up, but I remained supportive.

What people do not like their projects? Oh, I can imagine the types - blubbering progressive statist turds and far-right statist turds, all dedicated lickers of the state's boots and desirous of licking a few other items as well.

I would say that OK have a PR problem. As I wrote previously, this is an age of information and rightly or otherwise, people expect it and if it is not forthcoming, you become a non-entity in their minds. That's part of the reason I asked the question about them. They need to blow their own horns a lot more than they do - not in a self-aggrandizing way, but in a positively self-serving manner. We all know the MSM is going to treat them like $#@!, even if they were out getting kittens out of tree, rescuing old ladies from muggers, and vanquishing child molesters. This past election cycle should have made abundantly clear the dishonorable nature of the erstwhile Fifth Estate.

I don't know what their "marketing" strategy is, or if they even have one. I can say, however, that either they need one or the one they have is not working well enough, as far as I can see. Look at the effective way in which Trump has made virtually free used of the MSM - a phenomenon that leaves me wondering what is REALLY up with him, because I am in no way convinced that they are so easily manipulated. But my paranoia aside, the fact is that propaganda, AKA "public relations" works when done properly. An organization like OK needs the people to be on their side if they do not want to amount to nothing more than a fart in the hurricane of human history. I believe their stated goals are eminently worthwhile, which means they are worth perpetuating, lapses in prudent judgment notwithstanding. That being the case and assuming I am correct, they need to be in the public face enough that the average American dullard is aware of them and is made to come around at least to a position of neutrality, if not positive support.

The basic message of OK is one that I believe even the eroded wit of the meaner can be brought around to accept and support, but that will never happen if there is no concerted effort to bring it about. The MSM is now a demonstrated fifth column, and therefore a direct instrument of the state. That state wants nothing for the OKs other than to fade into ignominy, which means bringing the media to bear upon OK's discredit and irrelevancy. Only OK can combat that. I don't see that happening, but I may be dead-wrong on the matter. But if I am not, they have to get their butts in gear and if necessary, ask for help. Are there no people out in the aether willing to aid and abet their cause with something more significant than a dollar contribution? Is there not a single marketing demon out there unwilling to lend their expertise?
    Last edited by osan; 11-28-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    And even if you have the mindset that there is no such thing as a good cop... can't you at least respect the fact that we are trying to stand up to, and stop... the worst of cops and big government?
    I'm not trying to piss on what you're doing. I'm just trying to get you to understand why this statement doesn't at all go over with me.

What you wrote is like saying "I'm an oncology resident in an asbestos-lined hospital which is parked right on top of a huge radon deposit, staffed only by chain smokers, and we're actively fighting against all the cases of stage 4 cancer where the patient wants us to look at them."

I do believe that you're trying to fight the worst of cops. I read what you wrote and that is what I gleaned. You are concerned with the worst of cops.

You are silent on the overwhelming majority of cops that are not the "worst" which are still cops. I do recognize that there is no such thing as a good cop. And what you are doing, is propping up the system that allows for the "worst" cops to exist.

Oathkeepers is dedicated to the proposition that the system that stripped a mentally ill Nick Christie from the waist up, tied him to a chair, and pepper sprayed him to death, and faced absolutely no repurcussions, can be made to work in a just fashion.
    I simply don't buy it.

And as long as your main webpage says precisely DICK about what's going on in standing rock, I'm not going to buy it.
    Start there.
    At least talk about it.
    Because right now, your organization's silence on the matter makes it look like you're 100% comfortable with what is going on.
    I'm not at all surprised the property owner thinks you're white supremacists.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

any idea if any cops at Standing Rock are Oathkeepers?..

No idea. I would hope not. I have heard that several L.E. agencies from other states have turned around and went home either because of the financial drain to their state/county or because constituents complained that they didn't want them there. I've read reports that 2 officers resigned after being sent were disgusted by how the water protesters were treated. I don't have a confirmation handy for you regarding that.

pretty sure we'll never know. OK is very secretive.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I do believe that you're trying to fight the worst of cops. I read what you wrote and that is what I gleaned. You are concerned with the worst of cops.
    I just had a thought - where in hell are the damned police unions? If they were on board with liberty and basic human rights, they could issue an edict to their members not to enforce any statute that violates the rights of men. What would the various administrations do, fire every cop in town all at once? Bring action against a single cop for keeping his oath and we go on strike, or something that would give the mayors, city councils, sheriffs, county and state governments plenty to think about. Thrice.

This is the aspect of the freedom deal that is so frustrating to me: we have the power in our hands to stop Themme almost literally from one day to the next, and yet we do not merely fail to take matters into our rightful hands, we reject the notion with great distemper.

The only reason there is no such thing as a good cop, save for those who resign in disgust, is that the term is now defined as something evil. Police could change this, but it seems they are not very interested in doing so. I remember from 20-25 years ago once seeing an episode of of that revolting show "Cops" where they're in a SWAT van and the one cop says, looking like he was obliterated on meth, to the effect that he gets off on the action and so on, just like a filthy addict. It was disgusting to behold, but I suspect this is pretty common.

Oathkeepers is dedicated to the proposition that the system that stripped a mentally ill Nick Christie from the waist up, tied him to a chair, and pepper sprayed him to death, and faced absolutely no repurcussions, can be made to work in a just fashion.
    I simply don't buy it.
    Depends on how you define "system". This could change tomorrow, were extant police to decide there would be no more of this $#@!. But they won't. They get off on the power and IMO are most of them so mentally poisoned that there may be no coming back for them. But in principle the change is simplicity itself.

And as long as your main webpage says precisely DICK about what's going on in standing rock, I'm not going to buy it.
    An extremely valid point, and it speaks to my bit about PR. If OK are on the level, and I surely want to believe that they are, they need to play the game or become irrelevant. Mind is everything. Win the mind and you've assured your places in the scheme of things. THAT is power.

Start there.
    At least talk about it.
    Agreed. This should not be a very tall order. If it is, then there is a deep and very serious problem there.

Because right now, your organization's silence on the matter makes it look like you're 100% comfortable with what is going on.
    I'm not at all surprised the property owner thinks you're white supremacists.
    More practically speaking, it keeps OK somewhere in the public eye. It keeps them relevant and THAT is what is important for an organization that presumably aspires to growth and increasing significance. I should certainly hope they so aspire, because those are worthy goals. Think of it: barring some quantum alteration in the human animal, tyrants and wannabes will be as ticks and fleas in the coat of mankind for a very long time to come. There will likely be no dearth of purposeful work for organizations like OK through the ends of our great great great grandchildren's great great great grandchildren. There is a potentially huge market for that which OK proclaims as their goals and the mission would be ongoing perhaps for many centuries to come. Given this, I would say it is time either to get serious as an organization, which means getting wise to the game and playing it to win, or pack up your marbles and go home.

In case anyone is not clear on such matters, let me be plain in saying that they are not at all suited to half-measures. This is as political as it gets and in that arena you have to be equipped to do the sorts of battle required to win. That means not just be well armed with rifles and determination, but being well endowed with the strategy and tactics for getting the public on board, for without that support, you only stand to get a bunch of your boys killed when the day comes Theye decide they have had enough of what they see as your shenanigans and become disapprove (tip o'de hat to Occam).

I really do feel there is not only a great place for OK and others of such a bent, but a need. SOMEONE has to start standing tall for the withering rights of men, let they die on the vine, leaving us all well-exercised in the sphincters by Themme. That, or just face the truth and lay down, and I say that to every American, not just OKs.

Putting my actions where my big mouth resides, I would be more than willing to help with such efforts, in whatever ways I might.

So, what will it be? Something positive or deafening silence.

I remain.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No idea. I would hope not. I have heard that several L.E. agencies from other states have turned around and went home either because of the financial drain to their state/county or because constituents complained that they didn't want them there. I've read reports that 2 officers resigned after being sent were disgusted by how the water protesters were treated. I don't have a confirmation handy for you regarding that.
    I'm surprised they don't send in Black Water type mercs like they did during Katrina and the BP oil spill.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I'm surprised they don't send in Black Water type mercs like they did during Katrina and the BP oil spill.
    As I remember the company used hired hands at the beginning of the engagement. Their tactics, using attack dogs, etc. garnered negative press. So the company appealed to L.E. as it always does and since L.E. agencies were created for just this situation they obliged.

The emerging commercial elites needed a mechanism to insure a stable and orderly work force, a stable and orderly environment for the conduct of business, and the maintenance of what they referred to as the "collective good" (Spitzer and Scull 1977). These mercantile interests also wanted to divest themselves of the cost of protecting their own enterprises, transferring those costs from the private sector to the state.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-United-States
    Last edited by phill4paul; 11-28-2016 at 05:40 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    I cannot imagine because would that not make them non-Oathkeepers?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

VERY different circumstance. I am not at all sure they could get away with that in this case as they may have in N.O.

I have an idea that they are mercenary. as are any who wear the uniform they are paid to wear.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

For everyone saying "Why aren't then Indians using armed resistance" (@osan @Athan) you know what they would say to you? Been there.....done that......
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    For everyone saying "Why aren't then Indians using armed resistance" (@osan @Athan) you know what they would say to you? Been there.....done that......
    And as I said, typical thinking of conquered people.

Their only hope of "winning" depends strictly on the largesse or cowardice of the "enemy". That seems like a grand-loser to me. They fear death more than they want to assert their apparently pitiful notion of sovereignty. Their choice, and I will not criticize it beyond saying that this would not have been my choice. I'd have gone armed not to start shooting, but to let the tyrants know that we were not going quietly into that night. Otherwise, I'd just stay home and crack another beer.

Different folks, different strokes, I suppose.

And as I said, typical thinking of conquered people.

Their only hope of "winning" depends strictly on the largesse or cowardice of the "enemy". That seems like a grand-loser to me. They fear death more than they want to assert their apparently pitiful notion of sovereignty. Their choice, and I will not criticize it beyond saying that this would not have been my choice. I'd have gone armed not to start shooting, but to let the tyrants know that we were not going quietly into that night. Otherwise, I'd just stay home and crack another beer.

Different folks, different strokes, I suppose.
    So get your gun out go start shooting. Seriously. Don't you have some major revolutionary worthy beef with the feds? Why do you need the injuns to hit the barbed wire first for you? Crispus Attucks hit the barbed wire first at the Boston massarce and that was before barbed wire was even invented. He was the first person killed in the battle that some historians consider the first skirmish in the Revolutionary War. And guess what? He was an escaped slave. After America won its independence his family was still in slavery. And worse even people here at a "liberty" site don't even know who he is! I'm not blaming them. Hell I didn't know who he was for a long time and I'm black.

But back to my real point. There simply aren't enough injuns left to effectively take on the federal government guns or no guns. There aren't enough blacks to do it either. And white "patriots" talk a good game and occasionally stand together. Y'all came out for Bundy. Great! Bundy thought he had the silver bullet to take on the feds. He went to another state to help another rancher who was like "thanks but no thanks" and the rancher movement fizzled out. The injuns know the only way to get what they want is to get enough people caring about their cause to give a flip and non-violent resistance is the best way for them to do that. If they go out guns and bows a blazin' then they'll just be labled "domestic terrorists" and get carted off to the new Gitmo. Seriously dude, Google the American Indian Movement and catch a clue. The same time the injuns were trying to do Custer's last stand revisited, King and others we're doing what the injuns are doing now. Like it or not that's part of the reason Obama isi now president and not Chief Eagle Feather.

**** And for anyone objecting to my politically incorrect use of the word "injun", I got enough "injun" in me for a white person to qualify as mulatto is he had that much black blood.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And worse even people here at a "liberty" site don't even know who he is!
    Really? I knew who he was even before he was mentioned on Luke Cage.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I knew who Crispus Attucks was. Had to look up Luke Cage.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So get your gun out go start shooting.
    You have demonstrated far better brains and care than this, so I recommend you cut the crap. Go back and read what I wrote: "I'd have gone armed not to start shooting, but to let the tyrants know that we were not going quietly into that night."

Better reading habits are in order, at the very least. I will not go so far as to claim the same for your honesty.

Seriously. Don't you have some major revolutionary worthy beef with the feds?
    You admonish seriousness, then run right off those rails like a rank amateur. I will chalk this up to a bad day because I've seen far better from you.

Why do you need the injuns to hit the barbed wire first for you?
    Question presumes facts not in evidence. Do you have a headache? Dog died? Wife leave you? What's up with this?

Crispus Attucks hit the barbed wire first at the Boston massarce and that was before barbed wire was even invented.
    And now you appear to bring race into the matter, by heavy implication. How does this irrelevancy bear upon the issue at hand? Was it my reference to "conquered people"? Still irrelevant.

He was the first person killed in the battle that some historians consider the first skirmish in the Revolutionary War. And guess what? He was an escaped slave. After America won its independence his family was still in slavery. And worse even people here at a "liberty" site don't even know who he is! I'm not blaming them. Hell I didn't know who he was for a long time and I'm black.
    I learned about Attucks in first or second grade. Don't blame me for the failings of your school district.

But back to my real point. There simply aren't enough injuns left to effectively take on the federal government guns or no guns.
    Then what in hell are they doing out there? The implication is that their actions are futile. If they seek to die well, then guns would have been very much in order. I don't see that as being the case, so there is then no apparent point in all the noise making. For the record, I have no idea who is right in this matter, if indeed anyone is. I have heard all manner of conflicting claims as to who holds rights to the lands in question. About the only fault I think I can assess properly relates to the use of ED in the seizure of the rights of way. That is plainly criminal. As for the rest, I have no idea. But if they are on lands to which they do not hold title, they need to back the hell off, all other crimes perpetrated by "government" notwithstanding. Otherwise, government needs to screw off, which we all know they will not when this much money is in question.

Them "injuns" had an apparent opportunity to get more support - ARMED support - for their cause. They refused. Major strategic and tactical FUBAR. It seems these people are not the sharpest knives on the tree... or perhaps I am simply too stupid to see the utter brilliance of their genius-inspired master strategy for victory. Otherwise, this whole deal would appear to be a royal waste of everyone's time. I grew up in great sympathy for Indians and spent a goodly part of my life sweating with my friends and sun dance and all that and while I have endless respect for the cultures on the whole, this brand of apparently thoughtless foolishness does nothing to endear them to me in terms of this particular cause. If they are right, the gov should do right by them. But we all know they will not, leaving the local people with a big decision: make a real stand or make futile noises. They appear to have chosen the latter, but I will eat whatever crow is plated for me in the event I prove the fool on this matter.

There aren't enough blacks to do it either.
    Oh FFS man... to do what? Kill all the crackers? Is that your view of justice and propriety for a better world? No whitey? What circumstances do blaque* people have to beef about that they have not willingly put themselves into? And please, for the sake of some mercy to someone who's never done anything to bring you harm, don't come at me with all that "you don't know what it's like to be black" whinery, because it is trite, clapped-out, and no longer works. I've spent an adult lifetime watching with great care that which goes on around me. I've watched black people pull theirownselves up by the bootstraps and become successful. NOBODY stood in their ways, and in fact many had advantages others did not. I know I certainly didn't. Then there were the blaque people, showered with every unfair opportunity to make good their lives and to provide environments for their children to do even better. But no. I watched first-hand, thousands squandering those opportunities in behaviors fitting of all the worst stereotypes. That's not third-hand bull$#@! from people whose credibility could be questioned. I watched it before my own eyes - first at USC, not much at UC Davis, and then ubiquitously at CCNY as I witnessed classmates kicked out of lectures for getting drunk and stoned in the back of the room, as if they were in high school.

Our friends in VA are fine people, hubby a systems engineer like myownself. Their elder son, Giovani, a complete nerd and by now an engineer in his own rite. Daughter an aspiring ballerina. The young boy I don't know about, but given mom and dad as influences, I am certain he too will make good.

So why, then, all the failure? Because they CHOOSE it. Unlike candy-ass liberal apologists for all the worst in blaque behavior, I don't look down on black people as inferior, and therefore make no excuses for their atrocious choices in life. That is REAL respect, and not the mangled, mutated disdain, hatred, and shorting of black folks onto which the regressives slap labels such as "love" and "compassion".

$#@!'s sake man, if people are equal, then there are no longer any excuses for what we see in America today. I've been wide awake these past 40 years and I've seen what has been going on. Unless you have structured your sentences carelessly, the tired and invalid implications there are pure nonsense.

And white "patriots" talk a good game and occasionally stand together. Y'all came out for Bundy. Great! Bundy thought he had the silver bullet to take on the feds. He went to another state to help another rancher who was like "thanks but no thanks" and the rancher movement fizzled out.
    Has it? Serious question because I don't know.

The injuns know the only way to get what they want is to get enough people caring about their cause to give a flip and non-violent resistance is the best way for them to do that.
    BWAAAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA...

Oh, you were serious? Well sink me. Most of the people here don't give a rat's ass about their own rights, as demonstrated by the idleness that endures in the face of that proverbial boot on the face of their sacred rights. What on God's green earth do those apparent dullards think the rest of the world is going to do about this miserable pipeline affair? Sweet Jesus... you have got to be kidding. If they are banking as you claim, they are dumber than I thought. But please let me prove the village idiot on this point. I welcome it, for such a victory would reveal a thin but crucial ray of evidence to show the nation that "it" can be done. So while my analytics tell me that they are nuttier than squirrel poo, my inner idealist prays to earn title to Nitwit Of The Week. Seriously, it would be a subtle but potentially important victory for the future of human freedom, and that is no lie.

If they go out guns and bows a blazin' then they'll just be labled "domestic terrorists" and get carted off to the new Gitmo.
    Since when does the presence of firearms necessarily mean shooting? I don't recall you jumping to non-sequiturs with such gusto. Perhaps it's me.
    Last edited by osan; 12-01-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Cool. Note I wasn't saying everybody. But there are people who hadn't heard of him.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6245083

I remember when I was a boy and a cousin of mine first mentioned at a family gathering about how blacks were kept out of history class and he mentioned Crispus Attucks and I didn't say anything but I thought to myself "Crispus who?" And Crispus wasn't merely the first person who was killed. He was the one that started fighting! Without him deciding to charge the redcoats there might not have been a Boston massacre and there might not have been a Revolutionary war. (Likely something else would have triggered the powder keg though.) And what does he get for his troubles? A nice painting of his death.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I knew who Crispus Attucks was. Had to look up Luke Cage.
    LOL. Cool. I knew Luke Cage by the name "Power Man." Back in the day, he, Black Pather the Red Falcon were it for the black heros ofo the Marvel universe. I like that Crispus Attucks got mentioned in a popular TV show. Here's hoping some milenials got curious and googled him.

You have demonstrated far better brains and care than this, so I recommend you cut the crap. Go back and read what I wrote: "I'd have gone armed not to start shooting, but to let the tyrants know that we were not going quietly into that night."

Better reading habits are in order, at the very least. I will not go so far as to claim the same for your honesty.
    The problem isn't my lack of reading but rather the fact that I'm thinking three moves ahead of you. Read my response all the way through before you attempt to respond again. You'll see that you have actually proven the Native American's strategy of not allowing guns at this juncture right even as you attempt to argue against it.

Again Google the American Indian Movement. Or Google the Black Panther movement. The Panthers and AIM started of just like you're talking about with a peaceful show of force. They ultimately got gunned down like dogs in the street. At the end of the day neither black militants nor Native American militants have 100 million angry armed buddies to back it up. If you're going to pull out a gun you'd better be ready to back it up. Where are you with your gun standing in front of the Federal Reserve and saying "I'm hear peacebly demanding that you open your books and allow an independent audit?" Tough talk, no action.

You admonish seriousness, then run right off those rails like a rank amateur. I will chalk this up to a bad day because I've seen far better from you.
    Again, I'm thinking three moves ahead of you. Sorry that you can't keep up.

Question presumes facts not in evidence. Do you have a headache? Dog died? Wife leave you? What's up with this?
    Three moves ahead of you. If you are going to pull out guns and you don't have 100 million buddies to back you up you are dumb as hell. Black Panthers tried it. American Indian Movement tried it.

And now you appear to bring race into the matter, by heavy implication. How does this irrelevancy bear upon the issue at hand? Was it my reference to "conquered people"? Still irrelevant.
    Good grief! How am I supposed to take you seriously when you say stupid stuff like this? Hello? It's got nothing to do with you bringing up "conquered people" and everything to do with the fact that Native Americans as a race, have gotten the $#@! kicked out of them for centuries now to the point that they're practically on the endagered species list! Look around you. Turn on your damn talk radio. Listen to Rush Limbaugh and everyone who comes on before and after him for the next 48 hours and see if you see the "patriot movement" as a whole taking up this issue? What you hear the defaning silence get back with me. And guess what? Donald J. Trump has a financial interest in the proposed pipeline! So.....if the Natives come out with their guns who's gonna back them up? The Oathkeepers? Okay that's nice. How many Oathkeepers do we have? 100 million? 10 million? 1 million? This ain't keeping some hoodlums from burning down stores in their own neighborhood owned by other black people. This is staring down the federal government. It's a numbes game. If you don't have the numbers it makes no sense to pull out the guns.

I learned about Attucks in first or second grade. Don't blame me for the failings of your school district.
    Good for you. Now compare the numbers of people who have heard of Attucks versus the numbers who have heard of that traitor Hamilton and get back with me.

Then what in hell are they doing out there?
    Bringing attention to their cause. They got your attention didn't they? If you want to take up the "peaceful armed" phase of the uprising ain't nobody stopping you. You can go protest in front of Trump Towers with your AR-15 and Gadsen flag and say "President Elect Trump! I demand that you tell your fellow investors to leave the Native American lands alone." If you survive and if they ever let you get acess to the internet again, let us all know how it went okay?

The implication is that their actions are futile.
    Says you....after proving by posting this thread that their actions were not futile.

If they seek to die well, then guns would have been very much in order.
    They don't seek to die. Why should they seek to die? That would just be stupid.

I don't see that as being the case, so there is then no apparent point in all the noise making. For the record, I have no idea who is right in this matter, if indeed anyone is. I have heard all manner of conflicting claims as to who holds rights to the lands in question. About the only fault I think I can assess properly relates to the use of ED in the seizure of the rights of way. That is plainly criminal. As for the rest, I have no idea. But if they are on lands to which they do not hold title, they need to back the hell off, all other crimes perpetrated by "government" notwithstanding. Otherwise, government needs to screw off, which we all know they will not when this much money is in question.
    Hey. They got you researching to see if they actually have a just cause. Guess what? MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Seriously you have just given them exactly what they wanted without them having to die or kill anyone or risk getting killed or having to kill anyone. So....why is it that you think they need guns again?

Them "injuns" had an apparent opportunity to get more support - ARMED support - for their cause. They refused. Major strategic and tactical FUBAR. It seems these people are not the sharpest knives on the tree... or perhaps I am simply too stupid to see the utter brilliance of their genius-inspired master strategy for victory. Otherwise, this whole deal would appear to be a royal waste of everyone's time. I grew up in great sympathy for Indians and spent a goodly part of my life sweating with my friends and sun dance and all that and while I have endless respect for the cultures on the whole, this brand of apparently thoughtless foolishness does nothing to endear them to me in terms of this particular cause. If they are right, the gov should do right by them. But we all know they will not, leaving the local people with a big decision: make a real stand or make futile noises. They appear to have chosen the latter, but I will eat whatever crow is plated for me in the event I prove the fool on this matter.
    Why on earth would they want armed support when all they want is to sway public opinion to their cause? But again, if armed protest is the way to go there's a Federal Reserve Branch withing driving distance of you. Go protest if you want armed protest. Don't try to hijack someone else's unarmed protest.

Oh FFS man... to do what? Kill all the crackers? Is that your view of justice and propriety for a better world? No whitey? What circumstances do blaque* people have to beef about that they have not willingly put themselves into?
    You are dumb as a box of rocks you know that? You're the one talking about why a peaceful protest that is accomplishing its aims as proven by the fact that you are even discussing them somehow needs guns. No blacks don't need to "kill the crackers" or "kill whitey" or whatever the hell it is your babbling about. And blacks and natives don't need to provoke and armed reaction from the feds just so you can get your jollies.

And please, for the sake of some mercy to someone who's never done anything to bring you harm, don't come at me with all that "you don't know what it's like to be black" whinery, because it is trite, clapped-out, and no longer works.
    STFU. Seriously STFU. I'm giving you actual history dumbass and you are so ignorant you are calling it "black whinery?" STFU. The Black Panther Party tried what you are advocating and it didn't work. The American Indian Movement tried what are are advoting and it didn't work. The American South tried the next logical step, actual armed rebellion, and guess what? It didn't work. Blacks and whites could actually work together against the system if it wasn't for stupid people like you yammering about what you know nothing of,and when someone tries to get you to see that what you are advocating is silly you want to turn it into a race issue. Yes you are the one turning this into a race issue and that is what YOU do! Reality isn't whinery. And reality is the Black Panthers are a test case for what happens when a small group of people threaten armed insurrection through "peaceful armed protest" without the backing of a much larger group. A good friend of mine in the Ron Paul movement is a confederate reinactor and a major apologist for the south. Some people would automatically charecterize him as a white supremacist based on that alone. You know what he would say if he was reading this right now? The SOUTH already tried armed resistence to the federal government and it didn't work out do good. You shouldn't pull out guns unless you are ready to back it up with a real army. He's forgotten more about the 2nd amendment and its application than you'll ever know. He even had a case that went through the federal courts but the Supremem Court refused to hear but should have based on the militia clause of the 2nd amendment and what that really should mean for an organized state militia, which is not the National Guard[/b], with respect to automatic weapons. So dude keep your stupid comments about "black whinery" to yourself because all you show is your ignorance. Seriously dude I used to talk my white confederate re-enactor friend about the exact same thing you are so ignorantly advocating and he told me the same thing I'm TRYING to tell you so that should prove to you that this has nothing to do with "black whinery".

I've spent an adult lifetime watching with great care that which goes on around me. I've watched black people pull theirownselves up by the bootstraps and become successful.
    Oh spare me your "I like black people too" crap because I wasn't calling you a racist. I am calling you a dumbass though.

Has it? Serious question because I don't know.
    The fact that you don't know what's going on with the rancher movement is prove itself that it's fizzled out. If it was still making an impact it would still be all over the news. Again, you're talking about the Native American Pipeline issue. They are in the thick of the news cycle. As long as they can keep people thinking and talking about their issues they are accomplishing what they want and proving that you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

BWAAAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA...

Oh, you were serious? Well sink me. Most of the people here don't give a rat's ass about their own rights, as demonstrated by the idleness that endures in the face of that proverbial boot on the face of their sacred rights. What on God's green earth do those apparent dullards think the rest of the world is going to do about this miserable pipeline affair?
    By your own admission started researching the pipeline issue after the protests started.

By your own admission you haven't kept up with the rancher movement.

Case closed.

[QUOE]Since when does the presence of firearms necessarily mean shooting? I don't recall you jumping to non-sequiturs with such gusto. Perhaps it's me.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to throw your own words back at you. Ready? Open wide because here they come.

If they seek to die well, then guns would have been very much in order.
    So far I haven't heard of anyone getting killed at the pipeline protests.

STFU. Seriously STFU.
    Game.

Set.

Match.

Wow.

It's a bunch of hippies & effeminate Young Turks at the rally.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Marxists reject help. Oh well.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I saw an audio interview recently Stuart Rhodes, apparently OKs had people who went and were looking around for a place to fit. Welcomed, they were setting in for the winter when a co-owner of the Standing Rock property basically declared "Oath Keepers? That means white supremacist. I want them gone." Pure ignorance, but co-owner of the property, so... what are you going to do? They left.
    From lords of the plains to Communist sympathizers...........

Oath keepers incognito?

Considering all the smears they get from the media - would Oath keepers use an alias?
    This veterans' group plans to be there this weekend. According to their "operations orders" (link below) they will be unarmed, but using body armor and protective masks.

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock
    https://www.facebook.com/VeteransStandForStandingRock

Operations Order December 4 -7 2016: (12 pages)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZ...N4S0FTTlE/view

More than 2,000 veterans expected to form human shield at ND pipeline protest
    By Terray Sylvester / Reuters on Nov 30, 2016

CANNON BALL, N.D.— More than 2,000 U.S. military veterans plan to form a human shield to protect protesters of the Dakota Access Pipeline project near a Native American reservation in North Dakota, organizers said, just ahead of a federal deadline for activists to leave the camp they have been occupying.

It comes as North Dakota law enforcement backed away from a previous plan to cut off supplies to the camp -- an idea quickly abandoned after an outcry and with law enforcement's treatment of Dakota Access Pipeline protesters increasingly under the microscope.

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, a contingent of more than 2,000 U.S. military veterans, intends to go to North Dakota by this weekend and form a human wall in front of police, protest organizers said on a Facebook page. Organizers could not immediately be reached for comment.

"I figured this was more important than anything else I could be doing," Guy Dull Knife, 69, a Vietnam War Army veteran, told Reuters at the main camp.

Dull Knife, a member of the Oglala Lakota tribe from the Pine Ridge Reservation of South Dakota, said he has been camping at the protest site for months.

Morton County Sheriff's Office spokesman Rob Keller said in an email his agency was aware of the veterans' plans, but would not comment further on how law enforcement will deal with demonstrators.

Former U.S. Marine Michael A. Wood Jr. is leading the effort along with Wesley Clark Jr., a writer whose father is retired U.S. Army Gen. Wesley Clark.

U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, a Democrat from Hawaii and a major in the Hawaii Army National Guard, has said on Twitter she will join the protesters on Sunday.

MORE http://www.grandforksherald.com/news...peline-protest

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Game.

Set.

Match.

Wow.
    Dude if the object of your "game" is to be so ignorant that nobody can actually talk to you then yes, you win the game. If the object of your game is to make an intelligent argument then you lost when you ignorantly played the race card. The Native Americans are winning in that that brought attention to their cause, again silly you decided to research and talk about it, without the inherent risk that comes from armed protests. The Black Panthers tried peaceful armed protest and paid the price. I didn't bring them up to be "black whinery" dufuss. I brought them up as a classic example of a group attempting peaceful armed protest without the backing of a large enough group.

Well, seems there are some articles up on the OK site regarding Standing Rocks. From the looks of it the OK's do not come down on the side of those protesting anyway.

Plan to Trigger Veterans’ PTSD at Standing Rock Protest?

There has been intelligence mentioned by several sources regarding the veterans group now at Standing Rock. There apparently is a horrible plan within the protest movement to arm veterans who have PTSD, and then trigger a reaction in them to incite violence against law enforcement.

Now, we are hearing the same intelligence from Sheriff Paul D. Laney – Cass County, N.D. He is in charge of Morton County Operations. The plan to exploit veterans is mentioned at 6:04 and 29:05. There is good info throughout the Press Conference video.

https://www.oathkeepers.org/plan-tri...-rock-protest/

NavyJack – Make Sure You Know Who You Are Following Out To Standing Rock

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock
    The leaders of this effort are Michael A. Wood Jr. and Wesley Clark Jr. On the surface, the effort appears to be a legitimate attempt on the part of Mr. Wood and Mr. Clark to raise awareness of the Standing Rock tribe protest. Their “Op Order” suggests that they intend to provide much needed relief to the current protesters at the site and to use military formations in order to secure the site perimeter. The language and adjectives used in their literature identifies organizations like the Sheriff’s Dept. as an “opposing force”. I’m sure the Sheriff will not be amused with their stance. They state their “mission” as follows:

“Our mission is to prevent progress on the Dakota Access Pipeline and draw national attention to the human rights warriors of the Sioux tribes regarding the United States lack of treaty enforcement.”
    Curious as to the background and capabilities of Michael A. Wood Jr. and Wesley Clark Jr., I reviewed their background and some of the other initiatives they have supported. Mr. Wood was a member of the USMC and a Baltimore City Police Officer. Mr. Wood made the background research effort easy by hosting his own website that touts his achievements. He started seeking media attention in conjunction with the death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore. He takes a hard-stance against his former colleagues at the Baltimore Police Department in numerous interviews with the press and became a minor celebrity in Baltimore with his timely allegations of police wrong doing.....
    https://www.oathkeepers.org/navyjack...standing-rock/

NavyJack – Protesting at Standing Rock? You May Be Helping George Soros!

The Dakota Access Pipeline company has spent over seven years and millions of dollars consulting with tribes and other stakeholders, lining up the very latest in pipeline-building technology, working with communities from North Dakota through South Dakota, Iowa and Illinois to determine the safest route for the pipeline. In all of this time, sacred burial grounds and concern for alternative water intake sources were never raised by the Standing Rock Sioux tribe.....
    https://www.oathkeepers.org/protesti...-george-soros/

hmmm...i'm re-thinking this protest

accurate info would be nice.

hmmm...i'm re-thinking this protest

accurate info would be nice.
    Well, I'm gonna call bull$#@! on this hyper-scare tactic non-sense...

There has been intelligence mentioned by several sources regarding the veterans group now at Standing Rock. There apparently is a horrible plan within the protest movement to arm veterans who have PTSD, and then trigger a reaction in them to incite violence against law enforcement.
    Must be from the same intel the OK's received regarding the imminent aerial drone strikes on the Bundy compound.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast