Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #silversqueeze

#silversqueeze

Seems to be picking up steam on twitter and has been trending on and off all weekend.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23silv...ertical=trends

APMEX has stopped accepting orders until the market reopens later today and I hear it is getting pretty hard to buy silver anywhere else. It will be interesting to see where the price reopens later today but ultimately I think this effort will fizzle like it did a decade ago for various reasons. Anyways, I thought this topic needed its own thread so here it is.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Seems to be picking up steam on twitter and has been trending on and off all weekend.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23silv...ertical=trends

APMEX has stopped accepting orders until the market reopens later today and I hear it is getting pretty hard to buy silver anywhere else. It will be interesting to see where the price reopens later today but ultimately I think this effort will fizzle like it did a decade ago for various reasons. Anyways, I thought this topic needed its own thread so here it is.
    Surprised there's not more traffic on this one. I think the Asian markets open at 6PM Sunday (EST). It will be interesting to see what happens. Of course, TPTB will probably hammer the price down with a massive sale in the AM before the open (like they always do in these scenarios). Will the Reddit crowd be able to overcome that though? And if they do, then what? If people start to smell blood, things could potentially get crazy pretty quickly. Odds are TPTB will somehow keep a lid on things though.

"Everyone Is Afraid Ahead Of The Open" - Reddit-Raiders Spark Nationwide Physical Silver Shortage

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/re...squeeze-silver

Watching closely. I might buy in.

Bloomberg is reporting that market ready stockpiles are 3xs current daily volume, so this probably isn't going to work long term. There might be money to be made day trading in silver stocks though.
    Last edited by 69360; 01-31-2021 at 02:51 PM.

I just went in to a local dealer, when he went back to the vault to get my bar the old guy on the jewelry store side said he had never seen so many people coming in for precious metals.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

wild fluctuations in first minutes of trading, up significantly

gold up but much less so

Up $160 at marker open. Is this going to be a run?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Up $160 at marker open. Is this going to be a run?
    Where are you seeing this? It looks like it is only up about 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Where are you seeing this? It looks like it is only up about 6%.
    Left of the decimal point. $1.60

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reached 29.82 as the high so far
    Do something Danke

Seems to be settling in about 28.15 . We'll see if the big boys can beat it down tomorrow .
    Do something Danke

Everybody should spend their $1400 stimulus check on silver.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Everybody should spend their $1400 stimulus check on silver.
    yup

Apmex is sold out of S.Eagles that are non 2021 year. 2021 year are now at a $13+ premium over spot (~$42 at the cheapest in 1k+ quantity). Pretty crazy out there today.

Upstate Coin and Gold is sold out of silv eagles but for dealers there is still AU Morgans at 38.75 . They are buying Proof silver Eagles in OGP at 54.50 , out of Peace dollars , out of Mexican Gold but they still have some generic rounds at 3 over spot if you have an account with them . I'm guessing that will push physical retail to as much as 36 on rounds if dealers are having to pay 32.
    Do something Danke

I'm hoping to close over 28 today and tomorrow and maybe that will shake loose a little 90 percent to come into the shop where I work part time . Havnt had much in the past five weeks .
    Do something Danke

Reddit crowd is still trying to focus on Gamestop. Probably not ready to move into silver. Obviously some interest in silver though.

Edit: Also, anything that is not Gamestop is seen as a conspiracy by TPTB to help hedge funds cover their Gamestop shorts.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 02-01-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wanted to trade my last ounce of palladium for silver today, but my coinshop was out. I should have went in last week.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Upstate Coin and Gold is sold out of silv eagles but for dealers there is still AU Morgans at 38.75 . They are buying Proof silver Eagles in OGP at 54.50 , out of Peace dollars , out of Mexican Gold but they still have some generic rounds at 3 over spot if you have an account with them . I'm guessing that will push physical retail to as much as 36 on rounds if dealers are having to pay 32.
    I just bought some Phoenixes, krugerrands, brittanias and cook island bounties for $38 in a frenzy. About an hour later they were down to 35-36 on JM bullion. Bought some AG and PSLV this morning as well, down an average of 8%. Slightly disappointed in my lack of patience and self control, caught up in the frenzy, hindsight is 20/20. All my other investments are up though so can't complain. Ill be sitting on it for another 3-10 years anyways, might as well just forget about it.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I wanted to trade my last ounce of palladium for silver today, but my coinshop was out. I should have went in last week.
    JM bullion has silver. Im gonna sell the scrap gold I bought years ago and buy some platinum. I was thinking about doing the same with my last ounce of palladium, decided to hold onto it for another decade, a lot of demand with where the auto and energy industries are heading.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    JM bullion has silver. Im gonna sell the scrap gold I bought years ago and buy some platinum. I was thinking about doing the same with my last ounce of palladium, decided to hold onto it for another decade, a lot of demand with where the auto and energy industries are heading.
    Yeah, I am torn. I see silver about to take off. I bought the Palladium when it was around $250 ounce. (I paid $311) That was a a decade ago. I know it can go higher, but I guess we will see.

Those premiums are insane! I'm glad I stacked when I did.

I view silver as my SHTF insurance policy. I'd rather let the dust settle on these games before I make any big moves.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Im not selling any physical bullion. Thursday I did trade 3 oz of palladium and $650 for 2 oz gold and 3 oz platinum.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

I just bought some Phoenixes, krugerrands, brittanias and cook island bounties for $38 in a frenzy. About an hour later they were down to 35-36 on JM bullion. Bought some AG and PSLV this morning as well, down an average of 8%. Slightly disappointed in my lack of patience and self control, caught up in the frenzy, hindsight is 20/20. All my other investments are up though so can't complain. Ill be sitting on it for another 3-10 years anyways, might as well just forget about it.
    Upstate raised the AU Morgan price to 42 and are now buying at 39 1/4 . Crazy how fast that jumps when there are none out there and there is demand. They and Apmex are out of Eagles .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Those premiums are insane! I'm glad I stacked when I did.

I view silver as my SHTF insurance policy. I'd rather let the dust settle on these games before I make any big moves.
    I have a very meager stash and don't have much money to play around with. I more of try to play the ratios. I bought palladium when it was about 1 ounce to 10 of silver. Lately it's been flirting with 1 to 100.

I am pretty short on gold and am hoping that if silver spikes to trade some of it for gold.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have regrets from Saturday...

They had about 3 times this many, and I had the cash...
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I just bought some Phoenixes, krugerrands, brittanias and cook island bounties for $38 in a frenzy.

I bought some eagles forever ago at $38.

That was about the highest I paid last time around.

I didn't love them nearly as much as the $12 ones.

Perhaps they will steal my heart again.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yeah, I am torn. I see silver about to take off. I bought the Palladium when it was around $250 ounce. (I paid $311) That was a a decade ago. I know it can go higher, but I guess we will see.
    I paid $420 for the palladium not sure how much spot was at time, Id guess around $380. I just love metals ever since the first time I bought. I've been in hibernation but htis has woken be up big time! Its a tough call, def want to get more Platinum only have a gram lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I bought some eagles forever ago at $38.

That was about the highest I paid last time around.

I didn't love them nearly as much as the $12 ones.

Perhaps they will steal my heart again.
    Yeah it happens, before recently highest I paid was $25. First metals I bought was a 100 oz bar for $1100. Bought up until $25 spot and called it quits. Sold about 1/5 of my position:/ and lost(maybe stolen, maybe hid it too good) at least 50 oz years ago. Hoping to find it in a wall, going to look soon. Most everything I have is 90%, now Im addicted to the bullion and its expensive as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Upstate raised the AU Morgan price to 42 and are now buying at 39 1/4 . Crazy how fast that jumps when there are none out there and there is demand. They and Apmex are out of Eagles .
    I guess I dont feel so bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast