Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What will you buy with your $600 stimulus check?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    A weekend of hookers and cocaine. OK, a Saturday afternoon. Between one and one-thirty PM.

Dollar ain't what it used to be.
    Inflation has eliminated that option.

Call me boring. In that price range, I’d be looking at burgers, pizza, booze and greens fees...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    A weekend of hookers and cocaine. OK, a Saturday afternoon. Between one and one-thirty PM.

Dollar ain't what it used to be.

I liked your TV interview:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Oh man. I just saw the edit. I am praying for your family, brother.
    Same... sorry to hear this.

More face masks for @oyarde
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ya , no thanks , no masks here . As handsome as i am it could anger God to cover this face .

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread a moment ago:

Tax cuts without spending cuts are not something to celebrate.
    That's true although we're around the peak of the laffer curve so rate cuts aren't going to make much difference in tax revenue. Especially if the cuts are for the most productive.

But yeah, you have to cut spending, that's the bottom line. That's why Trump gets an F.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I say celebrate them for several reasons . First , your not getting any more , Second there will never be spending cuts .
    There will be spending cuts, but they won't be voluntary. At some point we won't be able to borrow and print, the dollar will collapse. When that happens we can only spend what we collect in taxes.

Steel-cased Pakistani military surplus from the '60s at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    That's true although we're around the peak of the laffer curve so rate cuts aren't going to make much difference in tax revenue. Especially if the cuts are for the most productive.

But yeah, you have to cut spending, that's the bottom line. That's why Trump gets an F.
    I always expected Trump to get an F on that front.

What's still TBD is how far the GOP is going to follow him down that path.

Traditionally, the party pretends to care about spending when out of power.

This, hypocrisy aside, is actually a useful thing.

It'll be interesting to see how they do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Noice!
    Scored one from a little shop in PA.

$350 once all the dust settles, shipping and FFL x-fer fee.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I think I will save it in order to buy a Senators endorsement in case Rand runs for President again.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I always expected Trump to get an F on that front.

What's still TBD is how far the GOP is going to follow him down that path.

Traditionally, the party pretends to care about spending when out of power.

This, hypocrisy aside, is actually a useful thing.

It'll be interesting to see how they do that now.
    Are you talking about when the dems have the white house and the repubs have both houses?

If so I agree, and I think that's when spending has grown the least.

Peter Schiff has a good comment about this. He said the repubs lost as soon as they signed on to ANY stimulus because they're saying that some stimulus is good (it's not). If a trillion of stimulus is good why not 2 trillion? 3 trillion?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    More face masks for @oyarde
    I may need to borrow your 600 , I hav nt even gotten my tax refund back from last yr and dont have faith they can get me the 600 in time to get a new garage door like I promised the Mrs

Scored one from a little shop in PA.

$350 once all the dust settles, shipping and FFL x-fer fee.
    I scored a bunch of 30 06 from Dankes relatives in the Czech Republic. I just call them all Porky since I cant say their names , they seem to like it like its a cowboy nickname or something .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-29-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Are you talking about when the dems have the white house and the repubs have both houses?

Peter Schiff has a good comment about this. He said the repubs lost as soon as they signed on to ANY stimulus because they're saying that some stimulus is good (it's not). If a trillion of stimulus is good why not 2 trillion? 3 trillion?

It was called a stimulus bill and maybe that was the intent of some or many.

But in actuality it was a disaster relief bill. The reason the bill made sense wasn't to boost demand or employment. Taking on debt in a crisis is a way to smooth out consumption. You pull from future economic growth so people don't have real hardships in the short term. There were people on this forum begging for money. There aren't enough charities to keep 20% of people afloat.

As always here is Bastiat, the originator of the idea that government spending doesn't work to boost demand.

As a temporary measure in a time of crisis, during a severe winter, this intervention on the part of the taxpayer could have good effects. It acts in the same way as insurance. It adds nothing to the number of jobs nor to total wages, but it takes labor and wages from ordinary times and doles them out, at a loss it is true, in difficult times.

As a permanent, general, systematic measure, it is nothing but a ruinous hoax, an impossibility, a contradiction, which makes a great show of the little work that it has stimulated, which is
    what is seen, and conceals the much larger amount of work that it has precluded, which is

https://www.econlib.org/library/Bast...=4#book-reader
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 12-29-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I scored a bunch of 30 06 from Dankes relatives in the Czech Republic. I just call them all Porky since I cant sy their names , they seem to like it like its a cowboy nickname or something .
    I thought he was a Squarehead...

I thought he was a Squarehead...
    Czechs , Fins, Danes etc I just figured they used to all be the same tribe . They all look like they'd eat lutefisk without a gun to the head. As soon as I mentioned their American fighter pilot relative Danke they were like ya , ya , ya discount for you Chief .

Quote Originally Posted by libertasbella View Post
    Steel-cased Pakistani military surplus from the '60s at that rate.
    I'm still shooting part of the lot of 5000 rounds of Cavim 80's vintage Venezuelan .308 that I bought 30 years ago.

The Congressional GOP pretends to be fiscally conservative with a Democrat POTUS, yes.

Though, I don't know if that's going to happen this time.

It's a coin flip right now, IMO, whether they go ahead with Trump's giant free$#@! giveaway.

What happens when the Congressional GOP is faced with a Dem in the White House who they elected as a Republican?

...an unusual circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    If you used your $1200 April 15th to buy bitcoin at $6624 you could have bought 0.181 bitcoin

Today, at $23086 that 0.181 would be worth $4182.

For those counting that's a return of 249% in 8 months.

PPNaFGoP and all
    Think I may need to rerun my numbers.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's going to be $2000 now. The democrats successfully bribed Georgia voters with promises of $2000 stimulus.

Today, Im thinking a gun...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123