Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ-Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Battle to Replace Sen. Jeff Flake

Exclamation AZ-Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Battle to Replace Sen. Jeff Flake

Just had to "find" a few more boxes of ballots.

I'm sure they will "find" plenty in Florida too.

Democrat Kyrsten Sinema Wins Battle to Replace Sen. Jeff Flake

https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-el...en-jeff-flake/

12 Nov 2018

Democrat congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema was declared the winner of Arizona’s U.S. Senate race Monday night, almost a week after final midterm election votes were cast.

Republican Martha McSally showed an early lead in the race to replace Sen. Jeff Flake as one of Arizona’s two U.S. Senators, but after two days of vote counting, that lead flipped to Democrat Sinema. That lead widened as Maricopa County released batch after batch of vote results. As of Monday evening, Sinema had garnered 49.68 percent of the vote to McSally’s 47.96 percent, a difference of 1.72 percent and over 38,000 votes. Sinema had 1,097,321 votes to McSally’s 1,059,124 votes at the time.

The Associated Press called the race for Sinema late Monday.

AP Politics

@AP_Politics
    BREAKING: Democrat Kyrsten Sinema wins election to U.S. Senate from Arizona. #APracecall at 5:41 p.m. MST. @AP election coverage: http://apne.ws/APPolitics #Election2018 #AZelection
    7:42 PM - Nov 12, 2018
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Politics
    The Associated Press delivers in-depth coverage on today's Big Story including top stories, international, politics, lifestyle, business, entertainment, and more.
    apnews.com
    6,229 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Maricopa County votes made up nearly 60 percent of total votes cast and counted as of Monday night.

McSally issued a video concession Monday after AP called the race for Sinema. She congratulated Sinema as the first female U.S. Senator from Arizona and thanked her supporters:

Much criticism has been lodged against vote counting methods and in particular those of Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes. Fontes was a strong supporter both publicly and financially, of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ run for president in 2016. He has been criticized in the 2018 midterm elections for handling of ballots where voter information didn’t match. Several county Republican parties filed a lawsuit against all Arizona county vote recorders and the Arizona Secretary of State last week over the methods used to verify those questionable ballots. A judge determined Friday that recorders would have until Wednesday, a week following the election, to verify those votes.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mrs. AF may be right on this.

She maintains that the vote theft can only happen in very close races.

That the powers that be give up in a "landslide".

I reckon that means Trump won the popular vote by 10 million or so.

Hopefully the Democrat winner also "loves this country" like Pelosi does.

For recent GOP Senate seat loss in AL, credit was given to Jarvanka-RINO wing of GOP.
    MAGA gets the credit for this great service?

Trump boasts about having 'retired' Flake: 'I did the country a great service'
    By Tal Axelrod - 11/07/18
    President Trump on Wednesday boasted that he "retired" Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.), a top GOP critic of the president who is leaving the Senate after this year.
    “In Jeff Flake’s case it’s me, pure and simple. I retired him. I’m very proud of it, I did the country a great service," Trump said during a sprawling press conference at the White House a day after the midterm elections.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...red-jeff-flake

What evidence is there that they found boxes of ballots? Most Arizonans vote in the week ahead of Election Day.

McSally was a war hawk, and pushed for massively increased military spending. I won't miss her.

Several county Republican parties filed a lawsuit against all Arizona county vote recorders and the Arizona Secretary of State last week over the methods used to verify those questionable ballots.
    The Arizona Secretary of State who is in charge of elections is currently Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The Arizona Secretary of State who is in charge of elections is currently Republican.
    So are many Demoncrats and NeverTrumpers.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This leaves two Senate seats still undecided. Mississippi is headed for a run-off election on November 27th (no candidate got over 50%- there were seven of them- the top two now will face off) and Florida is being recounted. If Democrats get both of those, the Senate will be the same as before the election- 51 Republicans, two independents (who tend to vote with the Democrats) and 47 Democrats.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 11-12-2018 at 09:16 PM.

This leaves two Senate seats still undecided. Mississippi is headed for a run-off election on November 27th and Florida is being recounted. If Democrats get both of those, the Senate will be the same as before the election- 51 Republicans, two independents (who tend to vote with the Democrats) and 47 Democrats.
    Mississippi is a lock for the Republicans and the voter fraud in Fl. will fail.

There may yet be an expanded voter fraud investigation that will rectify other races as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    kyl was appointed to take mccain's seat , mcsally knows she will win the election to replace kly , that is why see did not make any comments while the vote counting was going on .

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    kyl was appointed to take mccain's seat , mcsally knows she will win the election to replace kly , that is why see did not make any comments while the vote counting was going on .
    Probably, that is another reason I hope she loses in the primary to replace Kyl.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Karl Rove, Bill Kristol and the establishment are just happy that they were able to defeat Kelli Ward in the primary. They don’t care that it went to a Democrat as long as Rand didn’t get a new ally in the Senate.

Kelli Ward probably could have won, but everyone knew that McSally was another neocon liar like McCain. She didn’t generate any enthusiasm from voters, no matter how hard the MSM pushed her.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Karl Rove, Bill Kristol and the establishment are just happy that they were able to defeat Kelli Ward in the primary. They don’t care that it went to a Democrat as long as Rand didn’t get a new ally in the Senate.

Kelli Ward probably could have won, but everyone knew that McSally was another neocon liar like McCain. She didn’t generate any enthusiasm from voters, no matter how hard the MSM pushed her.
    Yup. All of that.

Agreed

So thousands and thousands of Republicans in Maricopa County voted for a Republican for Governor, but then turned around and voted Democrat for Senate? What sense does that make? This is very fishy. Either there are some shenanigans going on or McCain really castrated the Arizona GOP worse than I ever imagined.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    So thousands and thousands of Republicans in Maricopa County voted for a Republican for Governor, but then turned around and voted Democrat for Senate? What sense does that make? This is very fishy. Either there are some shenanigans going on or McCain really castrated the Arizona GOP worse than I ever imagined.
    Probably a combination of voter fraud and NeverTrumpers trying to virtue signal.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pretty much this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't you dare to talk bad about Sinema, otherwise she might make her personal witches put a spell on you! This is NOT from the Onion:
    Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, the Democratic nominee for U.S. Senate, is not a witch. But she has been known to hang out with witches. It was during the height of the Iraq War when Sinema, then a far-left protest organizer, summoned supernatural help to stop the Iraq War.
    Emails obtained by the Washington Examiner show Sinema inviting a prominent coven of feminist witches in Arizona called Pagan Cluster to celebrate International Women’s Day and to protest the war in March of 2003. Code Pink protesters wore pink, obviously enough, and the Women in Black wore black. But Sinema encouraged the witches to wear “colorful clothing and come ready to dance, twirl, and stay in touch with your inner creativity and with the Earth.”
    The Sinema campaign would not say why she invited the witches or clarify why she thought members of the occult deserved a seat at the table during discussions concerning war and peace. The witches in question, it should be noted, claim to practice only nonviolent magic.
    This sort of hocus pocus wasn't isolated either. Later that year, in November, Sinema attended a similar anti-war rally, this one in Miami and with other pagans. In emails obtained by the Washington Examiner and archived online via the WaybackMachine, she writes about "singing and spiraling in the pagan's circle only 5 rows back from the police line." The magic was not enough to stop a police crackdown apparently. Sinema described the subsequent crowd control and arrests as "brutal."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...anti-war-rally

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Mississippi is a lock for the Republicans.
    Not by a long shot anymore.

It's like that across the country. Some variation of:

"Let's pick a republican governor but a democrat house member but a republican senator."

No one is scrutinizing these oddities because no one seems to want to be the one to find the turd in the punch bowl.

I only see one solution, and it will never pass:

remove secret ballots. Remove the guesswork. I understand the reason why ballots became secret over the years, but it wasn't always that way. At the start, voting in this country was very public and there was a hell of a lot more transparency than there is today. Yeah you had corruption with vote buying. We have that today, only it's harder to trace.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-13-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Mississippi is a lock for the Republicans
    That's what we all said about Alabama. MS should be but depending on turnout and what they dredge up all bets are off. Plus the Republican has trashed McDaniel's supporters, and they are the voters she needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    That's what we all said about Alabama. MS should be but depending on turnout and what they dredge up all bets are off. Plus the Republican has trashed McDaniel's supporters, and they are the voters she needs.
    See post 18.

Whoever the broad is that's running in MS, just made some wisecrack about "being at the front row at a hanging" remark, and the diversity is in an uproar over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I reckon that means Trump won the popular vote by 10 million or so.

i don't want to dox anybody but one of our circa 2007 activist members is very politically active in AZ. He switched his registration to I a few years back. He voted for the Dem for several reasons, one of which is that the GOP pulled some legal shenanigans that got all the Libertarians kicked off the ballot.

Based on his posts over the years...not limited to this race...the GOP there is as corrupt as the Dems.

There may yet be an expanded voter fraud investigation that will rectify other races as well.
    That's cute that you believe that.

Don’t underestimate the anger of the grassroots GOP voters that Lyin’ Martha McSally was forced down their throats by the MIC/neocon establishment during the GOP Primary.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McSally was a terrible candidate. Gov. Ducey won easily, but Mcsally loses? So... many thousands of people in AZ voted for Ducey (R) then went down-ballot and voted Sinema (D)?

One thing is certain... the transplants from California and New York are metastasizing and spreading.... Texas, Arizona may never elect another republican.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    McSally was a terrible candidate. Gov. Ducey won easily, but Mcsally loses? So... many thousands of people in AZ voted for Ducey (R) then went down-ballot and voted Sinema (D)?

One thing is certain... the transplants from California and New York are metastasizing and spreading.... Texas, Arizona may never elect another republican.
    No need to worry. Massive immigration and displacement of California leftists will never effect your State... (Whoops, never mind.)

Wasn’t Kokesh a write-in for Senate?

No need to worry. Massive immigration and displacement of California leftists will never effect your State... (Whoops, never mind.)

Wasn’t Kokesh a write-in for Senate?
    Yes Kokesh was, but Arizona is so $#@!ty they don't list Libertarian party candidates on the actual ballot so it's write-in only.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Adrian Fontes is the county recorder of Maricopa County and he is a Democrat. Fontes is in charge of counting votes here.

https://ballotpedia.org/Adrian_Fontes
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    Don't you dare to talk bad about Sinema, otherwise she might make her personal witches put a spell on you! This is NOT from the Onion:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...anti-war-rally
    Considering how successful her coven was at stopping the Iraq war I'm not worried.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I don't buy it, the "Blue Trickle" has run its course and the two Republicans got more than 50% by a comfortable margin.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast