Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if I told you it is possible america will not be great again ?

What if I told you it is possible america will not be great again ?

Would you disagree ? Why ? When is the last year you believe america was great ?
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I would not disagree. How could I?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Three very good , specific points most certainly .
    Do something Danke

I don't really consider myself an American and hope to get out one day. It will only get worse for the individual.

Of course it's possible, and yet it remains possible (even if only waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside on the tail end of possibility curves) that we might grasp it again. It is far more likely that we will continue to circle the drain, on the dwindling remains of the prosperity that came from the liberty that we as a people once knew, until there is nothing left but ashes and bones.

You guys are party poopers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last time I think America was great again was 2007. I had discovered Ron Paul and whole bunch of freedom loving people. Different backgrounds, ages, faiths, race. A movement was formed. Truly the greatest grassroots movement of modern times.

That flame flickered briefly.. Snuffed out by the MSM and big government politicians from both parties.

But in that brief space in time, I thought America was great!!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Depends on the definition of great. US economy thrived after World War 2. Things went south in the sixties. There was full feminism and all he college sjws.

It has had it's moment..

Best thing in the world would be to cease to be..
    Because the alternative is worse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    What if I told you it is possible america will not be great again ?
    I would say, it's probable.

Would you disagree ?
    Nope.

Why ? When is the last year you believe america was great ?

Danke was going to do something but he got lazy and was consumed by the Wendigo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Then again, perhaps Natdia has some truth to it and things could get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Then again, perhaps Natdia has some truth to it and things could get better.
    Can they get worse?

Would you disagree ? Why ? When is the last year you believe america was great ?
    I'm tempted to say 1788.

But IMO, any time during the government-enforced existence of human chattel slavery is automatically disqualified from being considered "great" (unless it is in the sense of "great hypocrisy").

So that leaves 1865 or later - but ... well ... no. Just ... no ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    1492?
    1491? (Just to be sure ...)

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Marbury v. Madison?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Last time I think America was great again was 2007. I had discovered Ron Paul and whole bunch of freedom loving people. Different backgrounds, ages, faiths, race. A movement was formed. Truly the greatest grassroots movement of modern times.

That flame flickered briefly.. Snuffed out by the MSM and big government politicians from both parties.

But in that brief space in time, I thought America was great!!
    OMG! Yes! That's it. That's IT!!!! Back in 2007 we felt we could truly change the world. What happened? Sure the MSM was against us but we didn't let it deter us. Some of us had never heard of the Federal Reserve. Some were Barry Goldwater holdovers. Some (like me) were liberal democrats who were sickened at how the democratic party utterly failed to deliver in ending the wars after we gave them the house and senate. We saw Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton (the two leading democratic candidates) as more of the same. And so we decided to gamble on this old guy from Texas we had never heard of. Now our efforts have culminated with...Donald freaking Trump? I wonder if Trump and the Paul Ryan / GOP leadership will have the same galvanizing "We need real change" effect and restart this movement? I hope so.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You guys are party poopers.
    I have a great party . My War of 1812 Bonfire party . ( reenactment of the Burning of Washington , Aug. 1814 ) .
    Do something Danke

LibForestPaul

America is dead. The constitution is a joke. The separation of powers ended decades ago. The deep state is in control. US path is that of Russia and China. Enjoy the $#@! show, at least some good youtube vids will come out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Pre 1492
    Send all immigrants since then and their decendents back.

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post
    It was not great then , but that particular time marks " stick a fork in it " for sure .
    Do something Danke

When is the last year you believe america was great ?
    January 30, 1649

America is the greatest country on the planet. The universe, perhaps.

And Trump is gonna make it even greater.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    America is the greatest country on the planet. The universe, perhaps.

And Trump is gonna make it even greater.
    How will he make america great ? How would he know greatness ?
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How will he make america great ?
    I can think of a few ways.

How would he know greatness ?
    Do you know how much money he has? That's right - noone does. Because that's just how much money he has.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

How will he make america great ?
    It's all laid out in The Art of the Deal.

How would he know greatness ?
    Here's how to spot it...

he even makes it easy with home and away hats.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

If you notice anything legitimate that may help make america great again . Feel free to post it here . No Trump humping required .
    Do something Danke

I see nobody has seen any greatness that will save america .
    Do something Danke

I see nobody has seen any greatness that will save america .
    Step one...

End the FED

Also around the 24:00 mark

https://mises.org/library/ryan-mcmaken-power-hour
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 04-04-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Step one...

End the FED

Also around the 24:00 mark

https://mises.org/library/ryan-mcmaken-power-hour
    I gave out copies of End The Fed at my bonfire one year . Because , I am a Great American Patriot.
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast