Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Return of Sound Money

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks simple enough. A pre-paid debit card that uses gold to store value.

For me, using this would be completely separate from any personal stacking I may do, so I'm not sure why that red herring was tossed in the fire... Then a whole field of FRB strawman. Quite the slog... That Rothbard quote was apropo...

I'm assuming you are banking on merchant fees and rounding down to turn a profit. What about ATM fees?

On a different note, I don't care for the thought cloud thing on the blog page. Looks cute. I don't know that cute and banking fit well. More practically, it makes it hard for me to scan/read, being a small window. Otherwise site looks good and url is great.

Bravo for this initiative. I'd be happy to help beta test.

#Onward
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Looks simple enough. A pre-paid debit card that uses gold to store value.
    Right, except I would leave off the "pre-paid" part. Pre-paids are cards like Green Dot, etc., that one can pick up at Walgreens-type places and usually charge high monthly fees. This is more like just a normal debit card. Except it uses gold to store value, just as you say.

For me, using this would be completely separate from any personal stacking I may do, so I'm not sure why that red herring was tossed in the fire
    Exactly! Thank You!! You understand it 100%. We all can and should have some gold and a little bit of silver in physical form -- I would generally recommend bullion coins -- and keep it in our possession. At the same time, most of us also need to interface with the larger world around us and purchase things from it, and today that means using the current banking/payment processing system, and that's what Midas is designed to help with. It would be great if everyone accepted bullion coins and all employers paid with bullion coins and we could just run our lives on that, on the physical metals. Unfortunately, that's not the case. This is a step, at least, to get a little closer to that.

I'm assuming you are banking on merchant fees and rounding down to turn a profit. What about ATM fees?
    Yes. ATM fees is an unresolved issue. I would like people to be able to affordably withdraw cash from a network of thousands upon thousands of ATMs. With the current solution, that is not the case. ATM cash withdrawal is just unreasonably expensive -- around 6% plus a flat fee of a few dollars.

On a different note, I don't care for the thought cloud thing on the blog page. Looks cute. I don't know that cute and banking fit well. More practically, it makes it hard for me to scan/read, being a small window. Otherwise site looks good and url is great.
    Yes, I think you're right. I just haven't gotten around to changing it yet. That is terrific feedback! What do you think about the overall visual layout? Should I change it entirely?

There's so many design options to choose from. I could go for the standard Silicon Valley startup style: flat, one-page. Like this:

https://thegrid.io
    https://www.magicleap.com

Or more like a bank:

https://necu.org/

A hybrid, some of each:

https://www.simple.com/

Or something completely different! Stripped-down black-and-white simplicity:

http://urbit.org/posts/

Bravo for this initiative. I'd be happy to help beta test.
    That's great. Thanks! And thanks for your very kind words and very constructive criticism.

#Onward
    Yes! And I love your signature! Press on! We will never surrender! The r3VOLution will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Yes. ATM fees is an unresolved issue. I would like people to be able to affordably withdraw cash from a network of thousands upon thousands of ATMs. With the current solution, that is not the case. ATM cash withdrawal is just unreasonably expensive -- around 6% plus a flat fee of a few dollars.
    I'm wondering if it shouldn't be mentioned up front in the fees section. I imagine many will have the same question...

Yes, I think you're right. I just haven't gotten around to changing it yet. That is terrific feedback! What do you think about...
    Of all of them I prefer

but I'm kinda old... I do imagine there is value in the format being familiar to people looking into your bank...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I'm wondering if it shouldn't be mentioned up front in the fees section. I imagine many will have the same question...
    It should be. Done!

Of all of them I prefer

but I'm kinda old... I do imagine there is value in the format being familiar to people looking into your bank...
    Thank you again. Excellent feedback!

Maybe I missed it, but are you planning on adding the ability to ACCEPT Credit cards to fund the account. Or set one up as a business account instead of personal?
    ie: sometimes customers want to pay me by credit card, I'd consider using this as a merchant account.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but are you planning on adding the ability to ACCEPT Credit cards to fund the account. Or set one up as a business account instead of personal?
    ie: sometimes customers want to pay me by credit card, I'd consider using this as a merchant account.
    I had not considered this. But, with the technologies I'm tying into, it would be possible. Hmm.

Well, it's not going to be the first feature on the road-map to add, but perhaps down the road a while. It would be a nice feature.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Well, it seems like you, or whoever runs the vault, is the one holding the gold. Not me. I get what you're saying about how it works. And it isn't like But the issue is that the whole point of holding gold is that I hold it, in my hand. Or at least I have easy access to it.

And it still sounds like I'm left using dollars. You take my gold, convert it to dollars, that gets spent. I get what I bought, the company gets gold converted dollars (digital or physical), you get gold with whatever amount you take as user fees and such. That isn't a bad plan as far as economic go, except the dollar is controlled by madmen who are destroying it. That problem and its related problems of devaluation don't go away.

And no, I don't hate you. I hate some of the ideas you've espoused. But that is not the same as hating the person.
    ...i agree with pierzstyx...i was going to stay away from criticizing helmuth's republican-radio level of understanding about 'money' but helmuth just neg-repped me with a 'worthless'......and i've been wanting to call helmuth out so i'll start by pointing out the fraudulent idiocy of the title of this thread....helmuth...AGAIN...there has NEVER been a 'sound money' system to 'return to'...i believe you'll find THE BANKSTERS HAVE ALWAYS CHEATED...i believe a return to your phony ludwig fantasy would reveal a system whereby the banksters merely mixed in a little gold to their mostly paper/bank credit system...just to keep the mullets confused...

...furthermore, a/?your stinking gold/metal system would be attended by much environmental destruction in order to undertake a mere 'increase in the money supply'...furthermore, the same goddamned monster$ who now control our miserable monetary order WILL SURELY control the gold/mines/etc.. and will STILL exercize their hideous, unjust control over the rest of us...

wizardwatson writes: I myself am convinced that taking the money power from the hands of a few and making it accessible and controlled an enlightened public is the most suitable course of action. It goes to the root of the problem. What other strategy gets to the root problems as completely?

...most/all people i meet are worse than butt-ignorant about 'the issuance of money'...PRIVATE BANKSTERS [not 'the government'] get to use 'our' money in 'the first round of spending' and this is the/an insurmountable advantage/privilege of your real ma$ter$...until you deal with this [and NO STINKING REPUBLICRAT IN MY LIFETIME HAS EVER EVEN PUBLICLY DISCUSSED THIS TRAGIC AND MONSTROUS ASPECT OF 'BANKING'] you will fail in any attempt to promote 'justice'...

...a simple 'strategy' would be to undertake and honest educational effort as to 'money'...getting 'a major microphone' into the hands of an honest monetary realist could affect rapid positive change...but 'the banksters' own the microphones...ugh...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 05-17-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    helmuth just neg-repped me with a 'worthless'
    The post was worthless. Discouraging worthless posts and encouraging worthwhile ones is the purpose of the reputation system.

i've been wanting to call helmuth out
    Thank you. The rep worked like a charm. Having you, Zippyjuan, and satirical ("opposite day") accounts like JamesIV and TheTexan criticize my work as worthless and stupid is some of the best endorsement I could get.

I actually thought long ago that you personally, Hank, might actually like my creation and give me a bravo or two when it was released. That it might bring a smile to your face and be a little beam of light on the existence you otherwise see as so dreary and miserable. But your brain is too addled to understand it. Ahh, well.

I'll start by pointing out the fraudulent idiocy of the title of this thread....THE BANKSTERS HAVE ALWAYS CHEATED
    Great. Please feel free to change the title in your head to whatever you deem more appropriate.

...just to keep the mullets confused...
    Do people still have mullets? I haven't seen one in quite a while.

Perhaps just in your household?

If I wanted to keep people really confused, I would put you in charge of communications.

your stinking gold/metal system would be attended by much environmental destruction in order to undertake a mere 'increase in the money supply'
    Oh no. Not that. I must stop destroying Mother Gaia. Must.... Stop........ Too hard. Maybe next year.

...but 'the banksters' own the microphones...ugh...
    You know, Hank, if you would just stop tuning in to the Golden EIB Microphone for even just one week, just one day, I think you would find yourself a lot happier. That little button on the left side of the radio box is for "off."

Oh, and thanks for the feedback.

+rep!

I hope that my last post was not discouraging to you, Hank. I like you. I think I would possibly like you, were we to meet in person.

I have created a financial system with a 100% reserve. A system where no one is using your money first in the first round of spending. If you really think this system is a bad thing, explain why.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Several shared cloud servers are having an issue right now, so the Midas site is down for the moment.

The post was worthless. Discouraging worthless posts and encouraging worthwhile ones is the purpose of the reputation system.

Thank you. The rep worked like a charm. Having you, Zippyjuan, and satirical ("opposite day") accounts like JamesIV and TheTexan criticize my work as worthless and stupid is some of the best endorsement I could get.

I actually thought long ago that you personally, Hank, might actually like my creation and give me a bravo or two when it was released. That it might bring a smile to your face and be a little beam of light on the existence you otherwise see as so dreary and miserable. But your brain is too addled to understand it. Ahh, well.

Great. Please feel free to change the title in your head to whatever you deem more appropriate.

Do people still have mullets? I haven't seen one in quite a while.

Perhaps just in your household?

If I wanted to keep people really confused, I would put you in charge of communications.

Oh no. Not that. I must stop destroying Mother Gaia. Must.... Stop........ Too hard. Maybe next year.

You know, Hank, if you would juststoptuningin to the Golden EIB Microphone for even just one week, just one day, I think you would find yourself a lot happier. That little button on the left side of the radio box is for "off."

Oh, and thanks for the feedback.

+rep!

perfect!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Several shared cloud servers are having an issue right now, so the Midas site is down for the moment.
    Back up.

helmuth writes: "You know, Hank, if you would juststoptuningin to the Golden EIB Microphone for even just one week, just one day, I think you would find yourself a lot happier. That little button on the left side of the radio box is for "off."

...hmmm...so, in essence, what you are saying is because i criticize the/?your stinking, stooooooooooooooooopid conservative radio-republicans, i must listen to them all the time...and what i ought to do is merely turn off the radio and stfu...right?..

...so if i ever hear anyone complaining about, say, 'fake news,' 'liberal media,' etc. ad nauseam, i should just tell them something like, 'you know, [you conservative republican critics of the liberal media], if you would just stop tuning in to [the fake news liberal media] for even just one week, just one day, i think you would find yourself a lot happier..that little button on the left side of the teevee box is for 'off'....

[a little hint for helmuth: i bet i listen to much MUCH less ruse limbaugh, etc., than the/?your fake news/liberal media bashing conservative fellows listen to msnbc, cnn, etc.!..]

...btw, were you my neighbor, i have little doubt we would get along famously!...(especially if you enjoy the best eggs, asparagus, apples, plums, icebox watermelons, etc.)

...after learning of your interest in politics, etc., i would ask you privately and politely, 'how come the banksters get government bonds [and nearly everything else] for nothing? [i ask this of every politico i meet]...hopefully your forehead wouldn't crinkle in puzzlement like approx. 99.5% of the politicos i meet!...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 05-21-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ...hmmm...so, in essence, what you are saying is because i criticize the/?your stinking, stooooooooooooooooopid conservative radio-republicans, i must listen to them all the time...and what i ought to do is merely turn off the radio and shut my trap...right?..
    I am not demanding nor requesting that you shut your trap. I am noting that you are incorrigibly and impersuadably convinced that all or most of the denizens of RPF are

1. Regular listeners of conservative talk radio and the Republican Party
    1^. Acolytes, nay, slavish devotees of conservative talk radio and the Republican Party
    2. Total ignoramuses of the Secret Truths regarding banking into which you yourself have been initiated
    2^. Total morons and hopeless idiots in toto

I am of the opinion that none of these assertions are correct. But, as I say, you are impermeable and immovable on them, and so the only solution is to simply ignore your bizarro-grammatical interjections (which is easy, because due to your bold declaration of independence from grammatical conformity, they are impenetrable anyway). Which is what all of RPF does 90 and upwards percent of the time, I guarantee you!

You deserve better than that, but it is what it is.

...btw, were you my neighbor, i have little doubt we would get along famously!...(especially if you enjoy the best eggs, asparagus, apples, plums, icebox watermelons, etc.)
    Yes, though the noodle runs on logic,
    We can help it with a picnic!

...after learning of your interest in politics, etc., i would ask you privately and politely, 'how come the banksters get government bonds [and nearly everything else] for nothing? [i ask this of every politico i meet]...hopefully your forehead wouldn't crinkle in puzzlement like approx. 99.5% of the politicos i meet!...
    And I would answer: because the system is a scam! The banksters are ripping everybody off.

Is that sufficiently close to the Correct Answer that I would pass muster with you?

Anyway, I have done something to try to address the problem and provide a solution. What I have done has shortcomings. Major ones! It is, in fact, really bad! It's not anywhere near as perfect and as polished and as capable as I would hope it to be, and I'm sure it falls even shorter of your standards. However it is something. Though not perfect, it is something. Likewise my monetary knowledge, though perhaps not as perfect as your own (and if you want to teach I am always willing to learn, by the way!) it is at least on roughly the same side as your own. At least the same ballpark.... as far as my puny brain can ascertain what ballpark in which you are playin'.

Suggestions? It's been said already in this thread and daily in other threads. Hang with people and use exchange systems that dig and promote what you value.

I've found that people don't value the same things. Anyone else notice that?

Best wishes for your venture, will consider it and will share it with others who might be interested.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

'fake news' from helmuth: "I am not demanding nor requesting that you shut your trap. I am noting that you are incorrigibly and impersuadably convinced that all or most of the denizens of RPF are

1. Regular listeners of conservative talk radio and the Republican Party
    1^. Acolytes, nay, slavish devotees of conservative talk radio and the Republican Party.."

...not 'all' or even 'most,' helmuth!...maybe 20%...

...!my aching christ helmuth, your posts are filled with so many 'helmuthisms' i hardly know where to begin!...your advise to me and others to 'turn off the radio' [and 'the media' in general] is ripe, considering you are OBVIOUSLY a huge consumer of 'republicrat-level' media yourself...for example, i believe you have opined on these pages about donald trump, julian assange, etc. ad goddamned nauseam...how would YOU know anything about which to opine about donald trump, 'the economy,' etc. ad goddamned nauseam, without consuming the very 'media' you, hypocritically, urge others boycott? ...[in other words, helmuth, your hypocritical and dishonest admonitions about 'media' are truly WORSE than my mere 'worthlessness']

...btw, helmuth, as to your debit-card initiative, what do you say to someone who might say, 'currently, i use 'credit' and pay nothing in fee$..in fact, i get decent reward$ for merely using their 'credit'!..can you offer me free use and reward$, helmuth?'...

...did you understand my post, helmuth?...hopefully this wasn't too 'impenetrable' and 'bizarro' for you...btw, let me know when i write something confusing to you, helmuth...i take for granted many people here have at least some basic, honest understandings of the hideous origin and nature of the 'money' at the very center of so many concerns...i sense you are not in possession of a clear, honest understanding of 'the [hideous] money thing'...i know the loud, dullard, radio-republicans you appear to defend are not in any $uch po$$e$$ion...

...as one wag put it on the subject of 'money,' "in 'politics' there is not a more important subject with which one can concern themselves"...and i haven't seen where you have ever truly concerned yourself here on these pages..but i could be wrong..
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 05-24-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Suggestions? It's been said already in this thread and daily in other threads. Hang with people and use exchange systems that dig and promote what you value.

I've found that people don't value the same things. Anyone else notice that?

Best wishes for your venture, will consider it and will share it with others who might be interested.
    Thanks, bunklocoempire! I will try my best to make your wishes come true!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456