Thread: [Update] Walter Jones wins NC-03 primary by 45 point margin!

[Update] Walter Jones wins NC-03 primary by 45 point margin!

I'll try to find a link for the results, not sure what time polls close either.

--

[update] 100% reporting

Walter Jones 64.8% 15,722
    Phil Law 20.3% 4929
    Taylor Griffin 14.8% 3599

http://www.politico.com/2016-electio...north-carolina
    Last edited by jct74; 06-07-2016 at 08:49 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This article says polls close at 7:30 pm ET

Two GOP challengers attempt to unseat incumbent Jones
    Incumbent U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones Jr. of Farmville will face two challengers in Tuesday's Republican primary: Taylor Griffin of Trent Woods and Phil Law of Jacksonville.

By Eddie Fitzgerald
    Jun. 5, 2016

Incumbent U.S. Rep. Walter B. Jones Jr. of Farmville will face two challengers in Tuesday’s Republican primary: Taylor Griffin of Trent Woods and Phil Law of Jacksonville.

Jones has served 32 years in political office, 10 years in the N.C. House of Representatives and 22 years in the U.S. House.

With the primary looming, Jones said Friday he never takes anything for granted and always campaigns as hard as he can until the election is over.

“I trust that the people of the 3rd District will look at my record and see that I have consistently represented their views and the values of Eastern North Carolina in Washington,” Jones said in an email interview. “I have the best staff in the country who provide excellent constituent services, and I have faith people will remember that.”

Jones said he was very fortunate to have such a strong, well-organized campaign in this election.

“We are blessed to have three times the number of volunteers as we’ve had in the past, which is definitely helpful in getting the word out,” he said. “We are running phone banks, walking precincts and knocking on doors, reaching out to voters through social media, sending out mail pieces. We have county coordinators in every county of the district who are taking every opportunity to speak to the voters and make sure they are informed.”

read more:
    http://www.havenews.com/news/2016060...ncumbent-jones

Republican

0.4% Reporting

W. Jones (i) 61.4%
    P. Law 20.4%
    T. Griffin 18.2%
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Results from the North Carolina State Board of Elections have quicker updates for now:

http://er.ncsbe.gov/?election_dt=06/...=FED&contest=0

This is encouraging.
    Stop believing stupid things

Jones will dominate this primary without breaking a sweat. I'm a lot more worried about Holding trouncing Brannon in the 2nd. Ellmers will not survive.

Sue Googe is rocking the 4th CD Primary, but she will have a MASSIVE headwind going into November.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pissed that Foxx is trouncing Curran in the 5th.

Walter Jones wins GOP primary

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/s...34009985568768

Quote Originally Posted by Decision Desk HQ
    We are also calling #NC3 (R) for Walter Jones.

Pittenger in the 9th is having real trouble behind faking both Trump's and Huck's endorsements... Can't stand any of the three, and Harris doesn't need to be in public office, but the schadenfreude is real...

Paul Wright in the 12th is great, but he's getting beat by a nobody, and the 12th is a VRA district. Not mathematically possible for a Rep to win.

LMAO at CD13 Andrew Brock is good, but so is John Blust and Vernon Robinson and Kay Daly. Seventeen Republicans on the ballot, and the leader is a complete nobody with 18%

No runoffs allowed this primary. This is gonna rustle some jimmies.

With 60 percent of the vote in Walter Jones has 68 percent of the vote. Walter will be the GOP nominee in November. Neocons failed again!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Pittenger in the 9th is having real trouble behind faking both Trump's and Huck's endorsements... Can't stand any of the three, and Harris doesn't need to be in public office, but the schadenfreude is real...
    Uh Oh Harris leading. We may end up with a statist religiocrat idolater pretending to be a pastor in this district.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    With 60 percent of the vote in Walter Jones has 68 percent of the vote. Walter will be the GOP nominee in November. Neocons failed again!!
    Should've learned their lesson last time when they threw in a million bucks and still came up short. I wonder how much money they spent for this miserable showing.

Walter Jones is the most important race. They cant just let some teocon lobbyist win.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I would love to see us drop a $100,000 money bomb on Walter but I doubt we could get $10,000 from our dysfunctional forum these days.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I wonder how much money they spent for this miserable showing.
    Republican William Taylor "Taylor" Griffin - lost primary
    FEC H4NC03059; 18 May 16; Tot $320,723; Dsb $309,080
    Republican Congressman Walter B. Jones, Jr.
    FEC H2NC01081; 18 May 16; Tot $493,224; Dsb $480,273
    Republican Philip Joseph "Phil" Law - lost primary
    FEC H6NC03138; 18 May 16; Tot $147,146; Dsb $129,816

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G16/NC
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wow. The neocon challengers got obliterated.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

So will we pick up any seats this year? Brannon lost. Is there anyone else in the vein of Massie or Amash that has a chance? Or even Brat?

Dude who won CD13 paid like $107 per vote....

Phil Law was too short to win. If neocons are serious about beating Walter, they better stop scraping the bottom of the barrel and wasting their money on weak candidates. OBX loves Walter. If not for him Agenda 21 would be much farther along out there, kicking people off the islands.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Uh Oh Harris leading. We may end up with a statist religiocrat idolater pretending to be a pastor in this district.
    Harris wants a recount. I don't blame him with only ~150 vote difference. Seems to me that Harris' job is always to play spoiler by splitting off evangelical votes so the bigger money establishment pick always gets the win. I don't blame him for kicking that stuff aside and wanting to see if he actually won.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-08-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Republican William Taylor "Taylor" Griffin - lost primary
    FEC H4NC03059; 18 May 16; Tot $320,723; Dsb $309,080
    Republican Congressman Walter B. Jones, Jr.
    FEC H2NC01081; 18 May 16; Tot $493,224; Dsb $480,273
    Republican Philip Joseph "Phil" Law - lost primary
    FEC H6NC03138; 18 May 16; Tot $147,146; Dsb $129,816

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G16/NC
    Thanks. Not close to the 1+ million he spend last time but considering he did so poorly this time may have actually spent more $$$ per vote. I don't think he'll be making a 3rd attempt.

message from Walter

Walter Jones for Congress
    June 9

Tuesday night was a huge success thanks to your support! I can't thank you all enough for once again showing the Washington Elite that Eastern North Carolina cannot be bought. I will continue fighting for our ENC values and constitutional principles in Washington. Onward to November!
    https://www.facebook.com/WalterJones...type=3&theater

Rep. Walter Jones - The Neocon Slayer

interview with Ron following victory

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Neocon-Slayer