Thread: AOC Calls For Investigation Of Cuomo

AOC Calls For Investigation Of Cuomo

The Dems are NOT rallying around Cuomo the way they rallied around Hillary and Biden or even the racist governor of Virginia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has joined growing calls for an investigation into New York governor Andrew Cuomo’s handling of nursing homes during the coronavirus pandemic.

“I … stand with our local officials calling for a full investigation of the Cuomo administration’s handling of nursing homes during Covid-19,” the high-profile progressive congresswoman, who represents a New York City district, said in a statement on Friday.

Last week, it was revealed that a Cuomo aide told New York legislators the true picture of nursing home deaths wasn’t given last year, for fear it would be used against the governor during an investigation launched by Donald Trump’s justice department.

Cuomo, who has already published a book about his handling of the crisis, has dismissed claims of wrongdoing. On Friday, he said information was not produced fast enough, which created “a void. And conspiracy theories and politics and rumors fill that void and you can’t allow inaccurate information to go unanswered.”

But in January, New York state attorney general Leticia James said nursing home deaths from Covid-19 were undercounted by as much as 50%. Now, federal prosecutors in New York City and the FBI are reported to be investigating and state officials are seeking to strip Cuomo of emergency powers.

The governor is under increasing pressure and Ocasio-Cortez’s intervention adds drama to a combustible mix.

As a former federal housing secretary and son of former governor Mario Cuomo, the governor is a pillar of the Democratic centrist establishment. Meanwhile, Ocasio-Cortez has rapidly risen to become a prominent voice on the progressive wing of the party.

In her statement, she said: “Thousands of vulnerable New Yorkers lost their lives in nursing homes throughout the pandemic. Their loved ones and the public deserve answers and transparency from their elected leadership, and the secretary to the governor’s remarks warrant a full investigation.”

In March, at the outset of the pandemic, New York reeled from a surge in cases. While Cuomo rose to worldwide prominence as the face of efforts to tackle the problem, an administration directive said nursing homes should not deny admission or readmission to a patient because they had Covid-19.

That policy was rescinded two months later. Keeping the true number of nursing home residents who died hidden would theoretically deflect any blame for a bad policy choice. Cuomo has blamed staff entering nursing homes for spreading the virus to the vulnerable population, not patients brought in with Covid-19. He has said it would be discriminatory not to let those patients into nursing homes.

Cuomo gave immunity to nursing home executives after big campaign donations
    Read more
    The scandal has spread to CNN, a network which has a major presence in New York and for which Cuomo’s younger brother, Chris Cuomo, is a primetime host.

Interviews between the two brothers went viral last spring but the network has now reinstated a prohibition on Chris Cuomo interviewing or covering his brother.

The last time the governor appeared on his brother’s show, in June, Chris Cuomo asked: “Nursing homes. People died there. They didn’t have to. It was mismanaged. And the operators have been given immunity. What do you have to say about that?”

Andrew Cuomo replied that some of what his brother said was incorrect, adding: “But that’s OK. It’s your show. You say whatever you want to say.”

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rabid dogs . LOL
    Do something Danke

Most of these Democrats "going after" Cuomo are only saying that so they can bolster their chances of reelection. AOC is no different.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Looks like Cuomo will be their scapegoat and sacrificial lamb. "See, were not corrupt. We got rid of Cuomo."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Most of these Democrats "going after" Cuomo are only saying that so they can bolster their chances of reelection. AOC is no different.
    LOL that you think AOC is in any re-election trouble.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Just in case this is not all smoke and mirrors like everything else, to give the illusion that there will be a honest investigation and the system works, the right should support her on this.

I suspect they won't since the partisan social engineering against her is too strong. Instead we will be stuck with Cuomo because it is all about the money in punditry and supporting her on this does not fit the narrative.

He was already being investigated by the feds before she spoke up.

The problem with this story is that Democrats are only going after him for covering up the real number of nursing home deaths.

You ask them about WHY he was covering it up.. about how they sent sick people to nursing homes that caused all the deaths... even younger sick people who had never been in a nursing home.. oh, well, you're just a conspiracy theorist for even talking about it.

Would love for somebody to fact check me on this, but the way I understand it - the nursing home deaths were still included in the total death count that we saw, but they were simply not being categorized and counted as nursing home covid deaths. I would presume the left thinks just the opposite - that the nursing home deaths did not end up being included in the totals, and so the death count was actually higher than it was initially reported (when we know it was likely much, much lower due to the fact that they were classifying almost all deaths as covid deaths).

Even when the left goes hard in the paint on an investigation, they can't ever get it right..
    Last edited by dannno; 02-22-2021 at 01:14 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AOC is getting good at playing the games.
    Wasn't she down in TX this week handing out food and what not? She's all about the show... And her people lap it all up like good dogs.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Looks like Cuomo will be their scapegoat and sacrificial lamb. "See, were not corrupt. We got rid of Cuomo."
    He won't be a sacrificial lamb. He will continue to be the Governor of NY and will be found of no wrongdoing and will most likely win his reelection in a giant landslide. If he thinks he's in danger of losing reelection, he'll simply use Dominion voting machines and cheat his way to victory. Any investigation into him is going to be completely half-assed. After his two terms as Governor, he will spend the rest of his life having a nice cushy job as a lobbyist.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 02-22-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Just in case this is not all smoke and mirrors like everything else, to give the illusion that there will be a honest investigation and the system works, the right should support her on this.

I suspect they won't since the partisan social engineering against her is too strong. Instead we will be stuck with Cuomo because it is all about the money in punditry and supporting her on this does not fit the narrative.
    We're going to see another "We investigated ourselves and found ourselves of no wrongdoing" situation. Leftists may eat at each other, but they'll never pull the trigger and actually put one of their own in jail.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Cuomo will never fully recover political from this. I don't expect him to be impeached. He may get re-elected but that will be difficult. But a few months ago he looked like a viable presidential candidate. We never were "rid" of Ted Kennedy either, but Chappaquiddick killed his presidential aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    He was already being investigated by the feds before she spoke up.
    Yeah. And by the New York Attorney General. She absolutely jumped on the bandwagon. I'm just pointing out how big that bandwagon has gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The problem with this story is that Democrats are only going after him for covering up the real number of nursing home deaths.

You ask them about WHY he was covering it up.. about how they sent sick people to nursing homes that caused all the deaths... even younger sick people who had never been in a nursing home.. oh, well, you're just a conspiracy theorist for even talking about it.

Would love for somebody to fact check me on this, but the way I understand it - the nursing home deaths were still included in the total death count that we saw, but they were simply not being categorized and counted as nursing home covid deaths. I would presume the left thinks just the opposite - that the nursing home deaths did not end up being included in the totals, and so the death count was actually higher than it was initially reported (when we know it was likely much, much lower due to the fact that they were classifying almost all deaths as covid deaths).

Even when the left goes hard in the paint on an investigation, they can't ever get it right..
    That's why the left shouldn't be left to do the investigation. (No pun intended). I'm not sharing this to say "AOC is great and wonderful." She should have been calling for an investigation in 2020 when the left wing media was burying this story and treating Cuomo like the some kind of COVID hero. But the right doesn't investigate their own either. Now I've shared this story on social media. I encourage everyone else to do the same. If the Cuomo take down is going to have legs those of us who were saying this back in 2020 should keep hitting the iron while it's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL that you think AOC is in any re-election trouble.
    Obviously she's in no danger of losing her reelection, but in the mean time she can pretend to go after him, making her look like a hero, even though the whole investigation is nothing more than a farce and she'll end up voting to reelect Cuomo in the end.

Calvin Coolidge

Clearing the way for the Marxist Letitia James to run.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Obviously she's in no danger of losing her reelection, but in the mean time she can pretend to go after him, making her look like a hero, even though the whole investigation is nothing more than a farce and she'll end up voting to reelect Cuomo in the end.
    Maybe she will (vote for Cuomo), maybe she won't. It's way too early to tell. Cuomo ain't the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Clearing the way for the Marxist Letitia James to run.
    Now ^this shows an how political stratagem works. Cuomo's erstwhile allies are for the moment not being loyal. They won't be if it suits them. The will be if it suits them. It's no different than how Mitch McConnell publicly condemned Trump while not voting to convict Trump. Mitch would ditch Trump for real if he could. No love there. But he won't take Trump out if it means hurting himself or his own causes.

HL-122: The "Cuomo Coverup" - Should he Face Criminal Prosecution? Viva & Barnes HIGHLIGHT!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSp7XcjSdlM
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cuomo is clearly guilty, of this, and much more. But regardless, the overnight narrative shift is interesting. They went from totally ignoring this story, to everyone, including the New York Times calling for his head in what seemed like a matter of days.

Methinks a coup is underfoot. Someone is behind this. Kamala, perhaps? Trying to take out her hitherto biggest rival for 2024? It bares watching. Regardless, I'm not shedding any tears for Fredo. But I am concerned that what comes next will be worse. It is the left, after all. It's always worse.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

SHOT:
    https://twitter.com/andrewcuomo/stat...00515960651777

CHASER:
    Cuomo Is Accused of Sexual Harassment by a 2nd Former Aide
    The woman, 25, said that when they were alone in his office, Gov. Andrew Cuomo asked if she “had ever been with an older man.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/27/n...arassment.html

APÉRITIF:
    https://twitter.com/SenatorBiaggi/st...77733201436673
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-27-2021 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Cuomo Is Accused of Sexual Harassment by a 2nd Former Aide
    Is this their play? Get rid of him for sexual harassment so he can slide on the murdering of thousands. That party is deranged.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Is this their play? Get rid of him for sexual harassment so he can slide on the murdering of thousands. That party is deranged.
    My thoughts exactly. Throw him to the #MeToo mob to avoid exposing whatever else might be uncovered by investigating the nursing home scandal

LIke cockroaches throwing one of their own under the bus shoe as the rest of them scurry for safety beneath the refrigerator ...

https://twitter.com/JimmyVielkind/st...12002936639488