Thread: China: New Penalties for Intellectual Property Theft Announced

China: New Penalties for Intellectual Property Theft Announced

China's National Development and Reform Commission has announced multiple penalties for intellectual property (IP) theft, such as restricting companies' access to state-supported funding, foreign trade and government procurement programs, Bloomberg reported Dec. 4.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...heft-announced
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a chance that this is not fake news and MAGA did not get played.
    I think Danke had posted a very controversial video here during NK negotiations, was probably one of these but not sure which one:

Related

No conclusive proof that Trump got played by Xi at G20
    “It doesn’t seem like anything was actually agreed to at the dinner and White House officials are contorting themselves into pretzels to reconcile Trump’s tweets (which seem if not completely fabricated then grossly exaggerated) with reality,” JPMorgan wrote in a trading note.

Tue Dec 4
    The Treasury yield curve just inverted, sounding the alarm for recession

After Trump summit, no mention in China of 90-day deadline or trade ...
    2 days ago - Analysts wondered if Trump and Xi left their meeting with very different ... where the North Korean delegation went home with a very different set of perspectives ... “The Chinese are always playing for time and any pause that ...

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

That's nice.
    If we assume that all of those Chinese patent applications are legitimate and not stolen ideas it still leaves me wondering why we should let them steal ours.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Sure, China is innocent, it does nothing wrong and never has.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Sure, China is innocent, it does nothing wrong and never has.
    Huh? Is this supposed to justify kidnapping corporate leaders of foreign businesses when they lead the way to newer, better technology?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Huh? Is this supposed to justify kidnapping corporate leaders of foreign businesses when they lead the way to newer, better technology?
    Did I say that it did?

I just get tired of the one sided anti-American pro-ChiCom narrative

Let me ask you this, what did your posts have to do with this thread?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Let me ask you this, what did your posts have to do with this thread?
    Posts about China and intellectual property in a thread about China and intellectual property. Gee idk SS, maybe you can figure that one out for yourself.

Posts about China and intellectual property in a thread about China and intellectual property. Gee idk SS, maybe you can figure that one out for yourself.
    This thread is about penalties for intellectual property theft, what does the number of patent applications in different countries or the Huawei arrest have to do with that?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This thread is about penalties for intellectual property theft, what does the number of patent applications in different countries or the Huawei arrest have to do with that?
    OMG - don't go Zippy on us SS. China shores up intellectual property protection enforcement as takes the world lead on intellectual property filings, and SS can't find any relevance? Try thinking a little harder. You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed for that one.

Or how about SS out of the blue making in an unsubstantiated post implying that developments by Chinese engineers or scientist - "all of those Chinese patent applications" are not "legitimate" and must be "stolen ideas". The Five Eyes' documented unprecedented campaign launched against Huawei as it leads the world and rolls out the best and fastest 5G technology, even to the point of kidnapping its officer, may just an eensy weensy little bit tend to cast doubt on the unsubstantiated group identity envy post that all theses technologies developed by engineers or scientist that are Chinese must be "stolen ideas" or not "legitimate. (A suggestion which is illogical on its face because if all those new technologies are stolen, a huge number of the patents would have been filed first by the alleged creators/original owners of the technology). Again, you don't have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to figure it out. You could even be a spoon to connect the relevance on that.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 01-02-2019 at 08:50 PM.

OMG - don't go Zippy on us SS. China shores up intellectual property protection enforcement as takes the world lead on intellectual property filings, and SS can't find any relevance? Try thinking a little harder. You don't have to be the sharpest tool in the shed for that one.

Or how about SS out of the blue making in an unsubstantiated post implying that developments by Chinese engineers or scientist - "all of those Chinese patent applications" are not "legitimate" and must be "stolen ideas". The Five Eyes' documented unprecedented campaign launched against Huawei as it leads the world and rolls out the best and fastest 5G technology, even to the point of kidnapping its officer, may just an eensy weensy little bit tend to cast doubt on the unsubstantiated group identity envy post that all theses technologies developed by engineers or scientist that are Chinese must be "stolen ideas" or not "legitimate. (A suggestion which is illogical on its face because if all those new technologies are stolen, a huge number of the patents would have been filed first by the alleged creators/original owners of the technology). Again, you don't have to be the sharpest knife in the drawer to figure it out. You could even be a spoon to connect the relevance on that.
    Well then I guess even someone like you can see the equal relevance of my sarcastic reminder the Chinese aren't exactly angels in this situation.

That little reminder must have really cut you to the quick since you felt the need to neg me for it.

China has been engaging in an all out technological espionage campaign against the US for decades and their technological progress that isn't outright stolen and recycled is built on a foundation of stolen tech.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment