Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian national convention May 27–30 in Orlando (Official thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    An independent with an opinion? Or is having an opinion anti-libertarian?
    It just makes you a bitch. Because you had no way to influence the outcome, nor have any chance to change the process- yet think your opinion on a forum is worth the bits to transfer.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    It would be best if you listened to everything your candidate has said over the last year.
    So still will not answer. Keep evading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

but I have zero interest in that. lol
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    So still will not answer. Keep evading.
    Still waiting for the answer to my original question first-
    What are trump's policies? and please be quick about it, or you may be off on his current position.

just trying to help a comrade find trumps true positions:

Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4834/trumps-101-lies-hank-berrien

20 times Donald Trump has changed his mind since June
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/17/20-times-donald-trump-has-changed-his-mind-since-june/

Donald Trump's 3 positions on abortion in 3 hours

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/30/politics/donald-trump-abortion-positions/

Still waiting for the answer to my original question first-
    What are trump's policies? and please be quick about it, or you may be off on his current position.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Trump will build a wall. Renegotiate deals. Bring back jobs.

I may not agree with everything but don't tell me he changed on those. Each of those he goes into great detail talking about it at every rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by andy2044 View Post
    So today I learned "winning" is more important than principles.
    I learned that here shortly after the 2012 election was over.

It just makes you a bitch. Because you had no way to influence the outcome, nor have any chance to change the process- yet think your opinion on a forum is worth the bits to transfer.
    My opinion is my opinion, I don't care what you or anyone else thinks it is worth. See unlike you I don't need to insult others because of a difference of opinion. I'm happy for you that you got who you wanted, congrats. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012, I will not vote for him in 2016.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    He's a moderate libertarian. Several people who have already stated that they don't want the LP do do well (and who are voting for Trump) have thrown a fit because Weld isn't a "hardcore libertarian" enough to be a fugitive running from Belize (as if that would do well in the political arena). They clearly want the LP to remain fringe.

But the fact of the matter is, Weld ran on the LP in New York as early as 2006, well before any of these folks were registered on RPF, and long before many of them had heard of the LP. He risked his own political future for the Libertarian Party, and of course paid the price, because the LP has difficulty getting anyone elected.

Here's how he ranks overall:

There already is one.
    Where does Weld co-chairing the CFR task force to create a North American Union fit in your pretty picture?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Where does Weld co-chairing the CFR task force to create a North American Union fit in your pretty picture?
    Let's see where Donald fits in that pretty picture

lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Let's see where Donald fits in that pretty picture

lololololol
    LOL!

I'd laugh harder, but Trump has a good chance to win this election. And there are actually folks at RPF attempting to make that happen.

Last edited by jct74; 05-29-2016 at 07:49 PM.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Surprisingly, not the most embarrassing thing to come out of the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    By stripping?
    It represents the federal agencies he would like to strip away?
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Darrell Castle 2016!
    This!
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So today I learned "winning" is more important than principles.
    Winning would be one thing, but it is not even about winning. Its about trying to get 5 freaking percent. You could get over 5 percent in a house primary sitting on your butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Torch, don't ask anyone to try to sort that out. By the time the research is done, and the post made, Trump's position will have changed, rendering the post useless.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJ Liberty again.
    Amash>Trump

Who wants to start a write in campaign for this guy?
    The most important element of a free society, where individual rights are held in the highest esteem, is the rejection of the initiation of violence.

RON PAUL

It's like a significant faction in the LP wants to lose and never be taken seriously.

This fat guy has every right to strip at the convention. Doesn't mean he should have.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's like a significant faction in the LP wants to lose and never be taken seriously.
    That's exactly how it is.

And it's a problem in the liberty movement generally, not just the LP.

A lot of people want to be edgy lifestyle libertarians more than they care about actual political change.

We all know the liberty movement needs to attract new members...

...but it also needs to shed some existing ones.

This stupid $#@! reflects on all of us and undermines serious political activity.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Sad I guess this site really will become Trump Forums.
    You mean it's not already?

The republican party controls who is in the debates. The LP is not allowed in the debates. Until that happens it doesn't matter what the LP does.
    Exactly. Why is this so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The majority it seems. A gun grabber for VP? I mean really???
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Darrell Castle 2016!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    This!
    Nope. Sticking with LP ...my reasons match torch's. I'm not a party-over-principle voter, but (1) GJ isn't going to even win one state, and (2) this is about moving things forward for the future. Maybe if the liberty-minded people had stayed in the LP instead of trying (in vain) to take over the GOP there would have been a better candidate than GJ for the past 2 cycles, but this is what you get (there are only so many of us, after all)...Liberty-minded people abandoned the LP for the GOP; we got Bob Barr once and Gary Johnson for the LP twice, and didn't even get Ron or Rand for the GOP nomination in 3x trying.

I tried to tell y'all 4 years ago: the GOP doesn't want us.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 05-29-2016 at 08:13 PM.

stripper chairman was the highlight of todays proceedings

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Nope. Sticking with LP ...my reasons match torch's. I'm not a party-over-principle voter, but (1) GJ isn't going to even win one state, and (2) this is about moving things forward for the future. Maybe if the liberty-minded people had stayed in the LP instead of trying (in vain) to take over the GOP there would have been a better candidate than GJ for the past 2 cycles, but this is what you get (there are only so many of us, after all)...Liberty-minded people abandoned the LP for the GOP; we got Bob Barr once and Gary Johnson for the LP twice, and didn't even get Ron or Rand for the GOP nomination in 3x trying.

I tried to tell y'all 4 years ago: the GOP doesn't want us.
    Grab the Guns and Bake the Cakes; I'm tired of loosing. Dempublicarian party 2016!

The "Libertarian" party really missed the boat though, they should have been nominating Bush and Obama so they could get into the debates.
    Amash>Trump

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    stripper chairman was the highlight of todays proceedings
    Sad but true.
    Amash>Trump

If you can't debate without being personally-insulting, you have no argument at all.
    Imitation is such flattery. Cute of you to copy what I sent you in the neg-rep you earned, both here, and in the retaliatory neg-rep you gave me. Difference is, I did not insult you; you cannot say the same.

Calling someone a POS isn't an "argument" and it's not a "fact". It's your opinion, but it's an incredibly goofy one, considering the authoritarian who you're supporting.
    I have stated numerous times, and given links, to substantiate that opinion of Johnson and Weld.

Yes you are. You've been pimping Trump for months. You pimp Trump, and you call other candidates names, all under the guide of "correcting lies" and "telling the truth".
    No guise. I recall that recent interview in which many here were claiming Trump held a position that was not proven by the interview at all. So yeah, to refute them was telling the truth.

Case in point.

Exhibit A.
    Exhibit A of what? You lost.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-29-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Grab the Guns and Bake the Cakes; I'm tired of loosing. Dempublicarian party 2016!

The "Libertarian" party really missed the boat though, they should have been nominating Bush and Obama so they could get into the debates.
    I agree they missed the boat, but I don't get your sarcasm about Obama and Bush. We're going to get another ObamaBush even if the LP didn't field a candidate in 2016.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast