Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Thiel gives another $1.7 million to Ron Paul Super PAC (Endorse Liberty)

Peter Thiel gives another $1.7 million to Ron Paul Super PAC (Endorse Liberty)

Last edited by jct74; 02-20-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: add more detail to title, remove "game changer" reference which was RevPac poll watching app
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's hoping it is used effectively!
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

dunno that I'd call that a "game changer", though it should be a great help

a lot of Thiel-watchers just got their wish

Quote Originally Posted by anewvoice View Post
    Here's hoping it is used effectively!
    They're probably buying ads in Arizona or Michigan.
    Matt Ross - Organizer, Monroe County, Pennsylvania
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/887/

Way to go Mr. Thiel!!

Thank you!
    Ron Paul needs YOU to become a

If they are smart they would use the money in Washington, Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, Ohio, Vermont, and maybe even Virginia. Maybe that anti-Santorum ad could work since he is the flavor of the week now.

I'm going to remain positive and assume the money will be well spent. Thank you Mr. Thiel
    Last edited by kathy88; 02-20-2012 at 06:03 AM. Reason: spelling oops
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Imagine running a Ron Paul with youth and MONEY.

Thiel / Napolitano 2016.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's endorse liberty. I thought the announcement was for revpac?

I knew there was a rich man who believed in the free-market somewhere out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by ross11988 View Post
    They're probably buying ads in Arizona or Michigan.
    OK, to be fair, I haven't paid much attention to what buys they've made. But when I looked, all I saw was internet ads. That seemed like a waste...

Quote Originally Posted by neverseen View Post
    That's endorse liberty. I thought the announcement was for revpac?
    OMG you are right. MORE good news coming? Must be President's Day or something...
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Yeah, it's to Endorse Liberty.

I hope they commission some polls and use it in competitive states.

Has Thiel ever heard of the RevolutionPAC?

I don't mean any offense to Endorse Liberty PAC, but, RevolutionPAC's ads are better . . . more professional looking. Endorse Liberty has put out a good 15 minutes long (!!!!) ad on youtube, maybe too long, but it gets the point across.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If we could combine RevolutionPAC's talent with Endorse Liberty PAC's resources, there wouldn't be a single person in the U.S. who has never heard the name "Ron Paul."
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

TRIPLE POST!!!
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-20-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HOLY TRIPLE-POST BATMAN! (Honestly I don't know what the hell happened, must have had coffee jitters when I hit submit, lol)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-20-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

I don't mean any offense to Endorse Liberty PAC, but, RevolutionPAC's ads are better . . . more professional looking. Endorse Liberty has put out a good 15 minutes long (!!!!) ad on youtube, maybe too long, but it gets the point across.

If we could combine RevolutionPAC's talent with Endorse Liberty PAC's resources, there wouldn't be a single person in the U.S. who has never heard the name "Ron Paul."
    RevPAC told CNN to fire someone, created an action figure, built a TV stage, make a lot of videos of voters and aired Freedom to Facism with money that was donated to help Ron Paul.

At least Endorse Liberty actually tries to help Paul. They should definitely look into hiring some expert help though.

xkcd.com has a very timely graphic today...

Great work But now, how are we going to say that Paul isn't bought because big guys don't donate to him? Now, at least one has!

Here's more : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thiel
    Thiel is listed as a member of the Steering Committee of The Bilderberg Group, a controversial group of influential business and government leaders who meet annually behind closed doors under a media blackout to discuss world issues
    This mayn't go down too well with ultra-conspiracy-nuts & it just so happens that many of them are Paul-supporters because he's not part of the whole bilderbergers, CFRs, etc etc thing, whatever it is So this donation might cause some backlash on Paul from conspiracy-nuts, I've already seen too many idiots saying "everything is planned & hence so is Paul, he's Jesuit (or mason or whatever they go crazy about )", even if a kitty is stuck on a tree, they think even that could be part of some grand-conspiracy
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Gee, dude, ONE post is enough, don't need 3
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

thanks to Thiel !!
    hope they use it properly for some sharp ads (hint: Big Dog!!) in the coming states.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    Great work But now, how are we going to say that Paul isn't bought because big guys don't donate to him? Now, at least one has!

Here's more : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Thiel

This mayn't go down too well with ultra-conspiracy-nuts & it just so happens that many of them are Paul-supporters because he's not part of the whole bilderbergers, CFRs, etc etc thing, whatever it is So this donation might cause some backlash on Paul from conspiracy-nuts, I've already seen too many idiots saying "everything is planned & hence so is Paul, he's Jesuit (or mason or whatever they go crazy about )", even if a kitty is stuck on a tree, they think even that could be part of some grand-conspiracy
    Ron has handled that before, with the donation from one supremacist during the biggest money bomb. Don't see an issue. We already fought those arguments.
    Last edited by kathy88; 02-20-2012 at 09:11 AM. Reason: I got spanked. :)
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    Gee, dude, ONE post is enough, don't need 3
    Yeah it was a triple post technical error, lol. I think I should win something. Gotta be a record.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah it was a triple post technical error, lol. I think I should win something. Gotta be a record.
    +rep for the triple post in record time
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    RevPAC told CNN to fire someone, created an action figure, built a TV stage, make a lot of videos of voters and aired Freedom to Facism with money that was donated to help Ron Paul.

At least Endorse Liberty actually tries to help Paul. They should definitely look into hiring some expert help though.
    No doubt about it. I cringed a bit the first time I saw that 15 minute youtube ad. They need some marketing help. 15 minutes is probably waaaaay beyond the attention span of someone logging in to youtube to watch a frog try to catch flies on an iPhone.

But I can't deny that Endorse Liberty deserves an A+++ for effort.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

I knew there was a rich man who believed in the free-market somewhere out there.
    Oh, there are more than a few.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

No doubt about it. I cringed a bit the first time I saw that 15 minute youtube ad. They need some marketing help. 15 minutes is probably waaaaay beyond the attention span of someone logging in to youtube to watch a frog try to catch flies on an iPhone.

But I can't deny that Endorse Liberty deserves an A+++ for effort.
    Funny story - the head of Endorse Liberty is a marketing professional who also runs a multi-million dollar marketing company.

I think TV ads are needed to reach the seniors. They moved towards TV ads just before Florida voted. After Florida they commissioned a poll for somewhere - wherever that is may be where they target next.

They are still running a few internet ads. A few thousand dollars worth a day.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Funny story - the head of Endorse Liberty is a marketing professional who also runs a multi-million dollar marketing company.

I think TV ads are needed to reach the seniors. They moved towards TV ads just before Florida voted. After Florida they commissioned a poll for somewhere - wherever that is may be where they target next.

They are still running a few internet ads. A few thousand dollars worth a day.
    Really? Well, 'success favors the bold,' I suppose. I wonder if there is a way to measure how successful their ads are.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

I hope they use it for feet-on-the-ground in Washington and North Dakota.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast