View Poll Results: According to The Hill these 10 are likely to run for the WH (private poll)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donald Trump

4 20.00%
  • Nikki Haley

0 0%
  • Ron DeSantis

3 15.00%
  • Mike Pompeo

0 0%
  • Tom Cotton

0 0%
  • Mike Pence

1 5.00%
  • Chris Christie

0 0%
  • Kristi Noem

2 10.00%
  • Ted Cruz

0 0%
  • Larry Hogan

0 0%
  • None of the above / Other

5 25.00%
  • Third Party

5 25.00%
  • Democrat

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 10 GOP likely to run for WH

If trump does not run it opens it up for a big field that may include some better candidates although I dont look for Rand to run .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That would be a golden opportunity for whatever Republican gets the nomination. Hillary is a terrible candidate. She was so bad in 2016 that she couldn't even beat Trump. And she's not getting any younger, prettier, or less shrill.
    Run Hillary run! The Bernie bros still hate you and will secretly vote for the Republican.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DeSantis is playing Trumpers by telling them what they want to hear. He had a solid neocon voting record until he saw that he had an opportunity during COVID to present himself as the most pro-freedom Governor but it's all a sham. Just look at his voting record. The guy has no principles other than his self-advancement.

If there's nobody like Rand Paul or Thomas Massie running, they're all going to be roughly the same. All the named options are garbage.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The GOP POTUS race was a topic on Kennedy Nation tonight.

Hannah Cox made the case for Rand Paul. She also implied that Kristi Noem is a closet teo-con.

https://twitter.com/HannahDCox/statu...75855626317833
    Noem / DeSantis / etc are not exactly what I'd call teo-cons.

They are principle-less spine-less politicians who will sway with the currently prevailing wind in the "conservative" movement, and make all the strategic moves they can to advance their own ambitions. To say they are teo-cons is giving them too much credit. They will vote one way when it's popular and then the opposite way when that's popular.

Noem for instance endorsed Marco Rubio... need I say more?

I will say when "freedom is popular" they will generally make a show about governing/voting for freedom, but it's not popular with the big donors and they need money and that's ultimately who will guide them once they no longer have to worry about primaries. Wolves in sheep's clothing, the lot of them.

https://twitter.com/mikepompeo/statu...77813834649601
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Daily reminder that Trump will never be president again through reinstatement, House Speaker, or presidential election no matter how much people whine.

Or Cheney...
    eww

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    DeSantis is playing Trumpers by telling them what they want to hear. He had a solid neocon voting record until he saw that he had an opportunity during COVID to present himself as the most pro-freedom Governor but it's all a sham. Just look at his voting record. The guy has no principles other than his self-advancement.

If there's nobody like Rand Paul or Thomas Massie running, they're all going to be roughly the same. All the named options are garbage.
    Probably why DeSantis is in a better spot as governor. If he's just faking it, Florida has done nothing but benefit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Noem / DeSantis / etc are not exactly what I'd call teo-cons.

They are principle-less spine-less politicians who will sway with the currently prevailing wind in the "conservative" movement, and make all the strategic moves they can to advance their own ambitions. To say they are teo-cons is giving them too much credit. They will vote one way when it's popular and then the opposite way when that's popular.

Noem for instance endorsed Marco Rubio... need I say more?

I will say when "freedom is popular" they will generally make a show about governing/voting for freedom, but it's not popular with the big donors and they need money and that's ultimately who will guide them once they no longer have to worry about primaries. Wolves in sheep's clothing, the lot of them.
    Ron DeSantis was a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus. That's a long term sign of being consistent.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ron DeSantis was a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus. That's a long term sign of being consistent.
    Ron DeSantis's voting record in Congress shows where he stood on issues of freedom whether or not he was a member of something with "Freedom" in its name.

While not quite as bad as Noem, we can look at his record and see:
    https://thenewamerican.com/freedom-i...lator/d000621/

Just recently in his last term, warrantless surveillance, nationalizing police in the name of "school safety", home visitations, classified amounts of funding to intelligence, etc

He is for "freedom" in name only, at least when it comes to being free from an overreaching executive branch of government. Putting him in charge of that branch would be a fox/hen house situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yes the country won't make it until the next election, again.
    "This" election is the most critical in our nation's history, just like all the others. This time were going to save democracy.
    https://twitter.com/derekahunter/sta...56177713803269

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12