Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The Screws Turn on Trump after alleged chemical attack in Douma

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Nah, not them two. Two others who castigated me and did their level best to make per persona non grata due to my opposition to Trump during the 2016 Primary.
    God is an optimist: good men win in the end.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    My mind says don't count your chicks before they're hatched but my body is Laughing Out Loud.
    The brain wins again.

Glad I didn't vote for him.

Now let's see what happens next.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    OPCW chem deputies have arrived.
    LIVE:
    http://webcams.org.ua/eng-live-mukhayyam.html

Washington wants to destroy all evidence before it can be examined by OPCW.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    You were right. My apologies.
    No apologies necessary. You were adamant about your support, but you were not really a mega-$#@! to other Paul people who didn’t feel the same. Unlike the two I hinted at.

The brain wins again.

Glad I didn't vote for him.

Now let's see what happens next.
    Either Russia attacks, or life goes on like it has.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pentagon update in 6 minutes...

JUST IN: SecDef Jim Mattis and Gen. Joseph Dunford will be among the briefers at 10 p.m. at the Pentagon

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Either Russia attacks, or life goes on like it has.
    Or Dump sends in boots on the ground or he pulls out of Syria now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Or Dump sends in boots on the ground or he pulls out of Syria now.

The Klingon deity and the freedom bird must be so proud.
    In your own delusional mind.

No apologies necessary. You were adamant about your support, but you were not really a mega-$#@! to other Paul people who didn’t feel the same. Unlike the two I hinted at.
    ^Coming from the guy that blasted anyone for simply agreeing with certain aspects of Trump policy and saying Trump would be a second choice to move the overton window due to his campaign rhetoric, shake up the establishment, immigration and health care competition across state lines.

Despite you being a dick and saying Trump supporters are <insert epithet>, are not Christian and will burn in hell for their vote, no one was an $#@! to you in return. But rather pointed out your inappropriate behavior in a grassroots forum where we should all be working together in which your behavior was counter productive. Yet you post this bull$#@! after all you antics rather than an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Pentagon update in 6 minutes...

JUST IN: SecDef Jim Mattis and Gen. Joseph Dunford will be among the briefers at 10 p.m. at the Pentagon
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: WE CAN CONFIRM THE OFFICIAL STORY. OUR BADGES SAYS SO.

(LOOK! THIS RIBBON'S FOR ASS KISSING.)

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    In your own delusional mind.

^Coming from the guy that blasted anyone for simply agreeing with certain aspects of Trump policy and saying Trump would be a second choice to move the overton window due to his campaign rhetoric, shake up the establishment, immigration and health care competition across state lines.

Despite you being a dick and saying Trump supporters are <insert epithet>, are not Christian and will burn in hell for their vote, no one was an $#@! to you in return. But rather pointed out your inappropriate behavior in a grassroots forum where we should all be working together in which your behavior was counter productive. Yet you post this bull$#@! after all you antics rather than an apology.
    I’m sorry that I was right and you were wrong and this hurt your feelings?

Who’s reputation are you going to try to destroy next for failing to lavish praise on the next warmonger of the week?

ETA - Thanks for the neg brother. Always doing your level best to keep me humble.
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 04-13-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump was a calculated risk with the Hildabeast on deck. If you remember correctly, I put the odds at 50% that he would be like our previous presidents, 25% chance of him being worse and 25% chance of being better. Right now, he's headed towards worse.

I'm pretty certain that God frowns upon this, schmuck.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who is Tom? He asked Mattis:
    What chemical was used and what evidence do you have that it was delivered by the Assad regime?

Mattis dodged the Q but they were good questions.

Update 2: Witnesses are reporting explosions heard in Damascus, including residential areas, although the first wave of US, UK and French attacks is allegedly targeting the following:

• Republican Guard headquarters
    • Military airbases
    • Chemical weapon production sites

BREAKING: Civilian casualties are being reported in Damascus as at least 2 residential areas have been struck by the US-led force's missiles. At least 4 dead in one of the strikes. pic.twitter.com/nCjcMZUrKQ
    — Haidar Sumeri (@IraqiSecurity) April 14, 2018
    Meanwhile, Reuters adds that a total of three scientific research centers struck in the attack.
    According to media reports in addition to American ships, Tomahawk missiles and aircraft - including B-1 bombers, leading the attacks, four British Tornado GR4s have targeted a military facility in Homs with Storm Shadow missiles.
    While unconfirmed, Syria state TV claims that it shot down 13 missiles near Damascus.

More details:
    "It's a real cacophony of sounds early this morning," @sethdoane reports on the ground in Damascus -- the only U.S. network journalist inside Syria -- as he describes cars blaring music and waving Syrian flags https://t.co/bTaJ40jGwj pic.twitter.com/c8JeS5HHDm
    — CBS News (@CBSNews) April 14, 2018
    SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH CENTER IN JAMRAYA HAS BEEN HIT BY US TOMAHAWK MISSILES
    — تحيا الثورة أنقذوا درعا (@VivaRevolt) April 14, 2018
    In addition to U.S. Navy warships, U.S. Air Force B-1 bombers also took part in strikes against Assad regime in Syria: officials
    — Lucas Tomlinson (@LucasFoxNews) April 14, 2018
    Photo from Damascus moments ago as U.S., France and Britain conduct heavy strikes in Syria tonight. pic.twitter.com/y4em8zpk24
    — Israel Breaking (@IsraelBreaking) April 14, 2018
    BREAKING - Huge blasts heard in Syria's capital @AFP
    — Jérôme Cartillier (@jcartillier) April 14, 2018
    Photo taken from a facebook video minutes ago. pic.twitter.com/HMpajeehCS
    — Maram (@maramkasem) April 14, 2018
    Another footage of Syrian air-defense missile fired towards tomahawk rockets in the sky of Damascus. pic.twitter.com/7FVcXN5i2F
    — Majd Fahd ���� (@Syria_Protector) April 14, 2018
    VIDEO: Unverified footage of air-defense systems activated around Damascus - @IsraelBreaking pic.twitter.com/MKZgHj6RRq
    — Conflict News (@Conflicts) April 14, 2018
    Pentagon: There will be a press briefing at 10 p.m. EDT, tonight, April 13, in the Pentagon Briefing Room on operations in Syria.
    Latest: US Defense officials say both US ships and aircraft were used in the strikes on #Syria
    — Jim Sciutto (@jimsciutto) April 14, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-syria-tonight

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Who is Tom? He asked Mattis:
    What chemical was used and what evidence do you have that it was delivered by the Assad regime?

Mattis dodged the Q but they were good questions.
    This might be an Indiana thing:

Maybe Tom from Bob and Tom

Wow, Russia didn't retaliate? Almost like all this $#@!'s a show.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 04-13-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Update 3: at 10PM ET the, Defense Secretary Mattis and Joseph Dunford, the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff provided the Pentagon's update, repeating that U.S., British and and French forces struck Syrias chemical weapons infrastructure tonight.

Mattis said that "Clearly, the Assad regime did not get the message last year. This time, our allies and we have struck harder."
    Defense Sec. Mattis: "Clearly, the Assad regime did not get the message last year. This time, our allies and we have struck harder." https://t.co/XyHwGC7dYm pic.twitter.com/UKEzBYC4Bx
    — ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) April 14, 2018
    Mattis adds that "I want to emphasize these strikes are directed at the Syrian regime. In conducting these strikes, we have gone to great lengths to avoid civilian and foreign casualties."
    Then, Dunford said that the first target was a Syrian research facility, and adds that the US selected targets that would minimize risk to innocent civilians. He adds that attacks on multiple sites of Syria chemical weapons infrastructure "inflicted maximum damage."
    The third target, which was in the vicinity of the second target, contained both the chemical weapons equipment storage facility and an important command post."
    Meanwhile, the White House said that the US is confident the Syrian regime was behind the chemical weapons attack, based on:

• media sources
    • victims’ symptoms
    • videos
    • “reliable information indicating coordination between Syrian military officials before the attack.”

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I’m sorry that I was right and you were wrong and this hurt your feelings?
    Right about what? I said the risk was lower than HRC but there was still a risk. Given the two choices the lower risk was more acceptable. If you believe Hillary would have been a better choice as far as non-intervention then I disagree. More likely we would have been occupying Syria under Hillary and she would be calling for regime change in Russia.

Who’s reputation are you going to try to destroy next for failing to lavish praise on the next warmonger of the week?
    Wow, your delusion continues. You were the one that attacked Trump voters directly and anyone here for simply agreeing with aspects of policy that crossed over with Rand's. If you think that damaged your reputation then that is on you.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'm pretty certain that God frowns upon this, schmuck.

Clearly a fake Christian.

Imagine if Russia cruise missile'd America after Waco to punish the US government for attacking civilians.

Edit: Realized I'm comparing apples to oranges.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 04-13-2018 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Realized I'm comparing apples to oranges.

Alex Jones is royally $#@!ed, unless he takes the fight to Trump.

Update 5: Russia responds:

• RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR ANTONOV: U.S. ACTIONS WILL HAVE CONSEQUENCES
    • ANTONOV ON SYRIA: `PRE-DESIGNED SCENARIO IS BEING IMPLEMENTED'

Update 4: Joint Chiefs chairman Dunford said that while the strikes sought to minimize risk of Russian casualties, the US did not pre-notify Russia of the Syria strikes.
    More from Dunford:

• "We did have some surface-to-air missile activity from the Syrian regime."
    • "The US did not pre-notify Russian forces in Syria about tonight's kinetic activity."
    • "Russia was alerted of Syria strikes through "deconfliction" line in Qatar"
    • "U.S. forces in Syria did make adjustments to force protection levels ahead of the combined air operations against the Syrian regime."
    • "This wave of airstrikes is over. More information will follow in the morning."
    • "Manned aircraft involved in Syria operation"
    • "Pentagon will brief tomorrow will more strike details"

Mattis chimed in:

• "We used a little over double the number of weapons this year than we used last year...We were very precise and proportionate, but at the same time, it was a heavy strike."
    • "I am confident the Syrian regime conducted a chemical attack on innocent people."
    • "Right now we have no more attacks planned"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Last edited by AuH20; 04-13-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Right about what? I said the risk was lower than HRC but there was still a risk. Given the two choices the lower risk was more acceptable. If you believe Hillary would have been a better choice as far as non-intervention then I disagree. More likely we would have been occupying Syria under Hillary and she would be calling for regime change in Russia.

Wow, your delusion continues. You were the one that attacked Trump voters directly and anyone here for simply agreeing with aspects of policy that crossed over with Rand's. If you think that damaged your reputation then that is on you.
    So what are we doing here? Are we enjoying MAGA like you kept nattering on about during the primaries, when you posted a link to every poll you could find where Trump was on top and Rand Paul was under five percent? Or are we enjoying the fruits of having gotten behind a lesser evil, thus avoiding coming to the brink of WWIII?

Coming here to crow is kind of, like, a weird thing for you to be doing. Even if you are getting paid for it.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You guys need to chill. This was a major US victory. Conducted in the wee hours of the day, when real mean were drunk or sleeping, and the cowards were lobbing bombs.

$#@!ing Grendel's in the longhouse *******!

This was sll coordinated to impress on kim jong un Trumps srsly biniss
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 04-13-2018 at 09:24 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast