Thread: Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door?

Column: What can you do about the Trumpites next door?

Do NOT plow these peoples drive. Wait until they run out of food and make them pay $100 for a dozen eggs and two canned jars of vegetables.

Oh, heck no. The Trumpites next door to our pandemic getaway, who seem as devoted to the ex-president as you can get without being Q fans, just plowed our driveway without being asked and did a great job.

How am I going to resist demands for unity in the face of this act of aggressive niceness?

Of course, on some level, I realize I owe them thanks — and, man, it really looks like the guy back-dragged the driveway like a pro — but how much thanks?

These neighbors are staunch partisans of blue lives, and there aren’t a lot of anything other than white lives in neighborhood.

This is also kind of weird. Back in the city, people don’t sweep other people’s walkways for nothing.
    Hezbollah, the Shiite Islamist political party in Lebanon, also gives things away for free. The favors Hezbollah does for people in the cities Tyre and Sidon probably don’t involve snowplows, but, like other mafias, Hezbollah tends to its own — the Shiite sick, elderly and hungry. They offer protection and hospitality and win loyalty that way. And they also demand devotion to their brutal, us-versus-them anti-Sunni cause. Some of us are family, the favors say; the rest are infidels.
    When someone helps you when you’re down, or snowed in, it’s almost impossible to regard them as a blight on the world. In fact, you’re more likely to be overwhelmed with gratitude and convinced of the person’s inherent goodness.
    What do we do about the Trumpites around us? Like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), who spoke eloquently this week about her terrifying experience during the insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6, Americans are expected to forgive and forget before we’ve even stitched up our wounds. Or gotten our vaccines against the pandemic that former President Trump utterly failed to mitigate.

My neighbors supported a man who showed near-murderous contempt for the majority of Americans. They kept him in business with their support.

But the plowing.
    On Jan. 6, after the insurrection, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) issued an aw-shucks plea for all Americans to love their neighbors. The United States, he said, “isn’t Hatfields and McCoys, this blood feud forever.” And, he added, “You can’t hate someone who shovels your driveway.”

At the time, I seethed; the Capitol had just been desecrated. But maybe my neighbor heard Sasse and was determined to make a bid for reconciliation.

So here’s my response to my plowed driveway, for now. Politely, but not profusely, I’ll acknowledge the Sassian move. With a wave and a thanks, a minimal start on building back trust. I’m not ready to knock on the door with a covered dish yet.

I also can’t give my neighbors absolution; it’s not mine to give. Free driveway work, as nice as it is, is just not the same currency as justice and truth. To pretend it is would be to lie, and they probably aren’t looking for absolution anyway.

But I can offer a standing invitation to make amends. Not with a snowplow but by recognizing the truth about the Trump administration and, more important, by working for justice for all those whom the administration harmed. Only when we work shoulder to shoulder to repair the damage of the last four years will we even begin to dig out of this storm.
    https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...capitol-attack

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Do NOT plow these peoples drive. Wait until they run out of food and make them pay $100 for a dozen eggs and two canned jars of vegetables.
    If we reach that point in the US, federal reserve notes will be useless.

I'm a republican but did not vote for Trump. I don't mind the Trumpkins, none of them did anything to me. I also don't mind the liberals too much, but as this shows they tend to be more hateful then the Trumpkins.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

I'm a republican but did not vote for Trump. I don't mind the Trumpkins, none of them did anything to me. I also don't mind the liberals too much, but as this shows they tend to be more hateful then the Trumpkins.
    And fortunately..there are far less of them than the election machines show.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

What point? The point where big city progressives go to their 'pandemic' country home or rent one? They are already there. My point is don't do a damn think to help these Marxists. Let them stay snow bound. Then charge the $#@! out of them for food. Or to plow for them.

In that case I guess I won't be helping out any Marxists.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Gotta be careful with this one because its an ACCEPTANCE OF ASSIGNED POLITICAL IDENTITY.

Now go worship your Communist Party, Comrades!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Yeah, I'm calling bullsh!t on this article. The author Virginia Heffernan lives in Brooklyn Heights, NY according to her Wikipedia page. This is New York's 7th congressional district. Let's just say I find it highly unlikely that there are any vocal Trump supporters in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Yeah, I'm calling bullsh!t on this article. The author Virginia Heffernan lives in Brooklyn Heights, NY according to her Wikipedia page. This is New York's 7th congressional district. Let's just say I find it highly unlikely that there are any vocal Trump supporters in this area.
    It wasn't her 'home.' It was her 'pandemic getaway." AKA rental vacation home.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It wasn't her 'home.' It was her 'pandemic getaway." AKA rental vacation home.
    I stand corrected I read the article quickly. The idea of a vacation home is foreign to me. The article still seems suspect.
    Last edited by mtr1979; 02-06-2021 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    I stand corrected I read the article quickly. The idea of a vacation home is foreign to me. The article still seems suspect.
    I would say not. From a personal life experience. There is a Progressive that I know. Have for 40 yrs. Her home is an older one. I have done much work on her house over the years. Giving her an exceptional discount. Exceptional. Because of our long-standing friendship. Within the last 4 yrs. due to TDS our relationship had become strained. My gentle corrections to MSM bull$#@! caused her and her other Progressive friends to gang up on me when I made these corrections. She finally defriended me on FB. Sent me a private message saying she would block me and that after the election we could resume our friendship and that she had some work she needed done, but right now emotions were too high. After she blocked me she made a post. In it she said how she couldn't ever believe that she actually paid me to do the work. That I had come begging to her. (Exactly the OPPOSITE of what actually happened.) That she would rather let her house fall into dust than hire a Trumper again. But, it played well to her Progressive friends. What she forgot was that my lovely lady was still a friend on her FB account and I got to read every single thing she said.
    $#@! 'em. I'm charging every single Progressive double my charge for any handyman work from here on out. Or, in her case, won't give them the time of day.