Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Philly Message

Urgent Philly Message

If the main concern of the campaign is that the $46,000 necessary to pay for the original venue would be better spent in key primary states; then I suggest that they turn this perceived negative into a whopping positive.

The momentum and anticipation that has been building for this event has taken on a life of its own. To try to pull the plug on it now, even if they only want to move it, may very well be one of the biggest political campaign blunders we may ever see. This has promised to be the single largest presidential campaign event that many of us will probably ever see in our lives. A gathering for Liberty for all Americans at the very birthplace of American Liberty, attended by thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, to rally around the Champion of the Constitution, our Champion, is an event of historical proportions.

We are history in the making. This is not about just Philadelphia. It is about America. It is for America, and we can share this with all of America.

Campaign wants something for the key primary states? Well, I don’t know what more they could be looking for than to be able to show all of America that Ron Paul’s message of Liberty can be matched by no other candidate.

I think that they can get more than one video camera to record this event and then turn it into thirty second, even sixty second ads for their precious key primary states. They don’t have to stand by as the mainstream media tries to spin the event with clever camera angles to portray only a handful of people attending.

Show New Hampshire! Show Iowa! Show South Carolina! Show America that this is the Second American Revolution! Show America that We the People are still relevant and that Liberty is still an option! Show America that we are an army of real people standing up, standing together and standing strong for the Freedom and Prosperity that is our heritage!

We are dropping this into their laps! If campaign thinks this is not worth $46,000, after the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars that have come out of the pockets of each and every one of us, in addition to the countless man-hours expended, even including anyone who has so little as spoken the name “Ron Paul” to another person, while conducting our grassroots efforts, then why are we even bothering?

Don’t mess this up, campaign. Don’t pull a Howard Dean.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very nice.

I agree completely BTW.

If the campaign needs the money, JUST ASK...we'll come up with it.

It is not about the money.

We just have to wait and see what the campaign says.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post

We just have to wait and see what the campaign says.

What's it about then? That's all I've been hearing.
    Not suggesting you're wrong in any way. Only that it's the only reason I've heard. Is it a security issue?

How many people from IA and or NH will be there?

Does it matter that people are flying in from Alaska, people are DRIVING from parts unknown around the US, to have the ultimate meetup group/RonPaulapalooza??

People spending over $3 a gallon in gas to drive, people donating $100 on the 5th - to pass up an opportunity to be in THE BIRTHPLACE OF IT ALL while it's not yet FREEZING outside...

I'm with the OP on this one. IT'S GOING TO BE THE GRANDDADDY of them ALL.

(except for Inaugration Day, that is)

We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
    I bet it is.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Not suggesting you're wrong in any way. Only that it's the only reason I've heard. Is it a security issue?
    I have heard this brought up by a few people.
    If there is some nebulous "security threat" just ask for supporters to exercise their 2nd amendment rights, and come armed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Walt called the campaign - they said it was not about the money but it involved some complex issues.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thom1776 View Post
    If the main concern of the campaign is that the $46,000 necessary to pay for the original venue would be better spent in key primary states; then I suggest that they turn this perceived negative into a whopping positive.

The momentum and anticipation that has been building for this event has taken on a life of its own. To try to pull the plug on it now, even if they only want to move it, may very well be one of the biggest political campaign blunders we may ever see. This has promised to be the single largest presidential campaign event that many of us will probably ever see in our lives. A gathering for Liberty for all Americans at the very birthplace of American Liberty, attended by thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, to rally around the Champion of the Constitution, our Champion, is an event of historical proportions.

We are history in the making. This is not about just Philadelphia. It is about America. It is for America, and we can share this with all of America.

Campaign wants something for the key primary states? Well, I don’t know what more they could be looking for than to be able to show all of America that Ron Paul’s message of Liberty can be matched by no other candidate.

I think that they can get more than one video camera to record this event and then turn it into thirty second, even sixty second ads for their precious key primary states. They don’t have to stand by as the mainstream media tries to spin the event with clever camera angles to portray only a handful of people attending.

Show New Hampshire! Show Iowa! Show South Carolina! Show America that this is the Second American Revolution! Show America that We the People are still relevant and that Liberty is still an option! Show America that we are an army of real people standing up, standing together and standing strong for the Freedom and Prosperity that is our heritage!

We are dropping this into their laps! If campaign thinks this is not worth $46,000, after the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars that have come out of the pockets of each and every one of us, in addition to the countless man-hours expended, even including anyone who has so little as spoken the name “Ron Paul” to another person, while conducting our grassroots efforts, then why are we even bothering?

Don’t mess this up, campaign. Don’t pull a Howard Dean.
    Could not have been said any better - Thank You!

Methinks nixing it would be a REALLY fast way to tick off a WHOLE lot of people.
    We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!

Let's wait and see... we don't know.

I don't think it is security. I don't think it is money- they have plenty.

Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 06:10 PM.

This will not happen. The Rally will go on as planned.

Has everyone RSVP'd?

I think their just trying to motivate us with some reverse psycology.

Why is it 46k?

Where did this charge come from?

Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom24 View Post
    Methinks nixing it would be a REALLY fast way to tick off a WHOLE lot of people.
    i agree, this would be pretty much the death knoll of the campaign. think about the headlines on that one. "Ron Paul campaign wastes perfect opportunity" or "Ron Paul's Ace in the Hole has been Trumped by himself" man oh man, i dont want to think about what's going to happen if this is moved.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    venue is too small... that is my guess...

where did this rumor come from?

if they pulled this I would assume they WANT to lose.
    Which is always a possibility............

46k is pennies when considering how much time, effort and passion has been put into this rally. The value of all this FAR exceeds a mere 46k. It's ridiculous to think anyone from the campaign could not realize this.
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    venue is too small... that is my guess...
    The Independence Mall is about twice the capacity of the other two choices.

I have to agree with the meme that this decision isn't centering on the $46,000. There is some other issue in play.

If the $46k is really all this is about, I would have to wonder if the campaign is being pennywise and pound foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    The Independence Mall is about twice the capacity of the other two choices.
    Independence Hall is not very big. It is not the size of a stadium or a regular park. It is just Independence Hall surrounded by Old architecture. I am not aware of any area around there where a lot of people can congregate in one place especially if it is over 10K people- that could be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post
    Independence Hall is not very big. It is not the size of a stadium or a regular park. It is just Independence Hall surrounded by Old architecture. I am not aware of any area around there where a lot of people can congregate in one place especially if it is over 10K people- that could be a problem.
    We would have been able to fit 6000 supporters into Independence mall.

And that's not including overflow into the streets outside of the mall. In point of FACT, that was the original point for this location - to fill the mall, and the streets, etc...
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

Quote Originally Posted by KewlRonduderules View Post
    MALL not HALL

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sematary View Post
    We would have been able to fit 6000 supporters into Independence mall.

And that's not including overflow into the streets outside of the mall. In point of FACT, that was the original point for this location - to fill the mall, and the streets, etc...

Doesn't City of Philadelphia and the National Park Service have fire safety standards for that amount of people?

It can hold about 12-25K with room to spare.
    THE REPUBLICANS PUT A GIANT, RADIOACTIVE MARMOSET IN MY TOOL SHED.

www.911movement.org

I stand corrected, 25K
    THE REPUBLICANS PUT A GIANT, RADIOACTIVE MARMOSET IN MY TOOL SHED.

www.911movement.org

Quote Originally Posted by rockwell View Post

It can hold about 12-25K with room to spare.
    The event site was to be 180 degree to the back of your photo on the Visitors Center side between Market and Arch streets with the stage closer to the Constitution Center building on Arch street side.

A good friend suggested that if we all got as many as we can (STRENGTH IN NUMBERS) to RSVP as was requested that HQ would chage their minds and reconsider

Its worth a try

I hope my post shows up!

BizmanUSA

Does somebody have a permit for the event?

I wonder if there is some kind of permitting problem for a large crowd. This comes up every year at Burning Man. Local pols want assurances the people will be "properly managed".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast