Thread: Senior Correspondent Matt Lee to State Dept Spox: "Am I Not Speaking English???"

Senior Correspondent Matt Lee to State Dept Spox: "Am I Not Speaking English???"

This 'game' is getting out of control.

like talking to a fem bot..

"Is it against the Law to complete a syllogism in this building?"

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-11-2016 at 04:54 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is the antidote for the above 2 videos.

We are a Country of Lies and Liars.

Last edited by goldenequity; 08-11-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

I like Lee's snark. I'll just post this short exerpt, but read the whole thing.

MATT LEE, ASSOCIATED PRESS: And then the last one is – and every time this happens, the line comes out from people in this Administration and other governments as well, is that we will not accept North Korea as a nuclear-armed state, and yet, it is. You also say this about other things too. You say you will never accept Crimea as a part of Russia. And yet, it is. Isn’t it time to recognize these things for what they are and not live in this illusion or fantasy where you pretend that things that are, are not?

ADMIRAL JOHN KIRBY (RETIRED), STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESMAN: The short answer is no.
    LOL

Justice Department Prevented FBI Probe Of Clinton Foundation; Reporters Slam State Department Stonewalling
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...am-state-depar

And it is this stonewalling in the face of clear evidence of the potential for 'inappropriate relationships' that has pushed a normaly docile press corps to its breaking point with The State Department. As Mediaite details, having refused to comment - other than the prepared party-line bull$#@! - when asked straightforward questions with regard the potential for conflicts of interest raised by the emails, reporters confronted State spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau...
    Three separate reporters - starting with NBC’s Abigail Williams - asked Trudeau about whether there was any improper relationship between State and the Clinton Foundation.

Trudeau repeatedly downplayed the emails and said the department is “regularly in touch” with a wide range of people.

One reporter pointed out that Clinton had “made a pledge” not to involve herself with the foundation while she was Secretary of State. Trudeau shot back that the agreement did not preclude others from talking to foundation staff.

At one point, as another reporter - the AP’s Matt Lee - was getting frustrated with the lack of answers, he said this: “I’m sorry, are you – am I not speaking English? Is this – I mean, is it coming across as foreign – I’m not asking you if – no one is saying it’s not okay or it’s bad for the department to get a broad variety of input from different people. Asking – the question is whether or not you have determined that there was nothing improper here.”
    So - to summarize - we have hard evidence of the potential for an inappropriate relationship between Hillary Clinton's State Department and The Clinton Foundation - after she had pledged that this would not occur. We have The Justice Department - led by Clinton appointee Loretta Lynch - implicitly blocking The FBI's probe of The Clinton Foundation's dealings (for, among other reasons, the timing could be viewed as "politically motivated." We have a State Department Inspector General who is silent.. and a State Department public relations person who has stonewalled so much, even the American press corps has grown frustrated... and the mainstream media on TV will be running stories on Trump's poll numbers, his apparent 'resignation' to losing, and his "friends and family" economic plan.

Is it any wonder an increasingly frustrated majority of Americans do not trust Hillary, the establishment, and the status quo's American Dream? Simply put, the lengths by which strings are being pulled to ensure a Clinton presidency may well turn out to the straw that broke the camel's back of public restraint... especially if GDP, productivity, US corporate revenues, and construction spending is a more accurate picture of economic reality than the goal-seeked narrative-confirming payrolls data.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

@Lucille:
    I like Lee's snark. I'll just post this short exerpt, but read the whole thing.

MATT LEE, ASSOCIATED PRESS: And then the last one is – and every time this happens, the line comes out from people in this Administration and other governments as well, is that we will not accept North Korea as a nuclear-armed state, and yet, it is. You also say this about other things too. You say you will never accept Crimea as a part of Russia. And yet, it is. Isn’t it time to recognize these things for what they are and not live in this illusion or fantasy where you pretend that things that are, are not?

ADMIRAL JOHN KIRBY (RETIRED), STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESMAN: The short answer is no.
    Crazy-making.

Especially since Crimea VOTED itself back into Russia- But hey- we're only into "democracy" when it suits us.
    Last edited by Ender; 08-12-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    There is no spoon.

matt lee is a treasure, one of the best journalists in these state dept briefings

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

Also that's a misquote. He said "Is it against the rules to complete a syllogism in this building?".... may not matter to some, but when you drop something in quotes, it should be accurate.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

no prob... typed it from 'memory' and I was also having a conniption at her. srry.