Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump discusses Iran, names Military Industrial Complex; doesn't want war.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Is that not the best person to go in and destroy ISIS, which Obama and Bush created and our country is morally responsible for?

If not, who?
    So you do favor going to war.

(ISIS existed two years before Obama became president- he could not have "created" them")

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump can't say he opposes the military industrial complex since he promotes the military links to industry with his appointment of a Boeing executive to be his Secretary of Defense.
    BTW, I don't ever remember you promoting the idea that Obama/Bush were funding ISIS/Al Qaeda. Why should anybody listen to anything you have to say with regards to foreign policy?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It’s time for Trump to acknowledge the new reality and call it like it truly is. It is no longer just a “military-congressional” complex, as first defined by Eisenhower. Trump should have no problem with a modern definition:

"Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

BTW, I don't ever remember you promoting the idea that Obama/Bush were funding ISIS/Al Qaeda. Why should anybody listen to anything you have to say with regards to foreign policy?
    I did not promote the internet theory that Obama or Bush were funding ISIS/ Al Qaeda because it was fake news.

So you do favor going to war.

(ISIS existed two years before Obama became president- he could not have "created" them")
    I said Bush and Obama funded/created ISIS, stop obfuscating. That is absolutely 100% true.

I don't "favor" going to war, but guess what? Trump isn't at war with a country, he is at war with ISIS.. which Bush and Obama created and funded. Our country is morally responsible for them being there and murdering people. YOU in particular are responsible because you didn't speak out against it. At least I spoke out against it. Which means you should be SHUTTING THE $#@! UP RIGHT NOW about foreign policy. Your credibility is "ZIP"

I don't know if I favor what Trump is doing in comparison to just coming home, but I favor that in comparison to going to war with other countries which is precisely what would be happening if anybody who was running other than Trump or Johnson or Rand was President.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The way some people here are talking, its just about proving my point.

They want Trump to invade a new country so they can finally say, "I told you so!"

How ironic when you're so anti-war that you're pro war.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The way some people here are talking, its just about proving my point.

They want Trump to invade a new country so they can finally say, "I told you so!"

How ironic when you're so anti-war that you're pro war.
    No, they want to point out that history repeats itself.

Endless war marches on.

I did not promote the internet theory that Obama or Bush were funding ISIS/ Al Qaeda because it was fake news.
    ^^^^^^^^^

There it is folks.

@EBounding @Superfluous Man @Ender

You guys need to stop promoting this trash.

^^^^^^^^^

There it is folks.

@EBounding @Superfluous Man @Ender

You guys need to stop promoting this trash.

Exactly. That story is totally fake news.

U.S. diplomats warned Saturday that commercial airliners flying over the wider Persian Gulf faced a risk of being "misidentified" amid heightened tensions between the U.S. and Iran.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-war...ons-with-iran/
    Deja vu. So they are issuing a warning first this time before shooting down a commercial airliner?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Deja vu. So they are issuing a warning first this time before shooting down a commercial airliner?
    Warning aircraft in the area they may be at risk at being shot down. Withdrawing diplomats. Sending military forces to the area with plans for up to 120,000 more should things get interesting. Yep- doing everything they can to avoid war. He says.

But it will likely turn out like North Korea. Make a lot of noise to sound tough, back down, and end up doing nothing. But someday somebody may take his threats seriously and lead to real troubles.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2019 at 03:07 PM.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48338168

Iran Dismisses Trump's "Genocidal Taunts"

Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has dismissed US President Donald Trump's "genocidal taunts" and warned him not to threaten the country.

Amid rising tensions, Mr Trump tweeted on Sunday: "If Iran wants to fight, that will be the official end of Iran."

Mr Zarif said the US president should look to history. "Iranians have stood tall for millennia while aggressors all gone... Try respect - it works!"

The US has deployed additional warships and planes to the Gulf in recent days.

But Mr Trump's tweet marked a shift in tone after recent attempts by him to downplay the possibility of a military conflict with Iran. When asked by reporters on Thursday if the US was going to war, he said: "I hope not."

Iranian state media reported on Monday that the country had increased by fourfold its production of low-enriched uranium, which was limited to a 300kg stockpile by the 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers.

Behrouz Kamalvandi, spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI), said Iran would "go beyond the 300kg limit in the not too distant future".

"If they want us to maintain this limit, it would be better for European countries to take the measures they want to implement as soon as possible."

Mr Trump unilaterally withdrew the US from the nuclear deal last year, but the European parties say they remain committed to it.

The US president's warning to Iran on Sunday was issued hours after a rocket was fired into the heavily fortified Green Zone in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, and hit a building about 0.5km (0.3 miles) from the US embassy.

The US recently evacuated non-emergency staff from the mission because of what it called a "serious" threat reportedly linked to Iran-backed forces in Iraq.

Writing on Twitter on Monday, Iran's foreign minister said the US president was being "goaded" by what he called the "B Team" - a reference to US National Security Adviser John Bolton, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman.

Mr Trump "hopes to achieve what Alexander [the Great], Genghis [Khan] & other aggressors failed to do. Iranians have stood tall for millennia while aggressors all gone. #EconomicTerrorism & genocidal taunts won't 'end Iran'," he added.

"#NeverThreatenAnIranian. Try respect - it works!"
    More at link.

Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Banned

Blog Entries
    Once Iran has a handful of capable nukes, and announces it*, Israel is going to be a little more reasonable about stealing land from Palestine.
    And I noticed Pakistan just gave warning to the United States against doing anything stupid. The shia-sunni split is mostly localized to the middle east.
    A nuclear sabre rattle.

*meaning they already have one or two untested but ready, but chances of knocking out Tel Aviv are small with only two warheads, so they need to stockpile, then announce.

Why then did Trump veto the bill to end the US role in the war in Yemen?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Why then did Trump veto the bill to end the US role in the war in Yemen?
    This is the kind of purist mindset question that can inadvertantly cause problems for cause of liberty by creating disagreements among movement's pro-neocons and anti-neocons folks. Why not avoid such vedge issues that risk ruining of haromny.

I kind of feel like when you attack a politician no matter what they do, they won't have a clue what you want them to do. Maybe Trump needs a groundswell of praise for this stance.

Instead of "orange man bad."

Just sayin'. Even Ron Paul gives him credit where it's due. It's okay to still be skeptical, though.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-20-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Even Ron Paul gives him credit where it's due. It's okay to still be skeptical, though.
    Yes he does, and it is an honest mature example of objectivity and credit where credit is due even if it's not much.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mods, can we fix the thread title? It should say, "...claims he doesn't want war."

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    No, they want to point out that history repeats itself.

Endless war marches on.
    Interesting.

Am I reading it wrong or are you saying war is inevitable and no matter what we should just accept that?

Like I said. When you're so anti-war that you become pro-war. Its even apparent in your post.

It almost makes Trump look genius when he can use reverse psychology to make the left (and Libertarians on RPF) go insane on their own positions, just to be against him. In this case, he isn't even using reverse psychology. The guy genuinely appears to not want war. He'll talk tough to get opponents to the table, then praise them. Why would you praise somebody you want to go to war with?

Here is a breakdown of RPF TDS Edition;
    RPF : No war, not now, not ever.
    Trump : Nah I don't want war
    RPF : WAR! Its inevitable!
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-20-2019 at 06:19 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Mods, can we fix the thread title? It should say, "...claims he doesn't want war."
    Hey Mods, @Superfluous Man claims to want to change the thread title but since Trump's own words cannot be accepted as proof, then SF's cannot be either. So...let's just ignore him entirely and believe what we want.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Hey Mods, @Superfluous Man claims to want to change the thread title but since Trump's own words cannot be accepted as proof, then SF's cannot be either. So...let's just ignore him entirely and believe what we want.
    I mean, it's *possible* that he doesn't want war, just like it was possible that Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, Truman, Johnson, GWB, etc., didn't want war when they all said that.

But his claiming that doesn't make it so. And even the most deranged sufferer of Trump Idolization Syndrome has to admit that his word has proven not to count for much.

I mean, it's *possible* that he doesn't want war, just like it was possible that Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, Truman, Johnson, GWB, etc., didn't want war when they all said that.

But his claiming that doesn't make it so. And even the most deranged sufferer of Trump Idolization Syndrome has to admit that his word has proven not to count for much.
    + Rep

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Interesting.

Am I reading it wrong or are you saying war is inevitable and no matter what we should just accept that?

Like I said. When you're so anti-war that you become pro-war. Its even apparent in your post.

It almost makes Trump look genius when he can use reverse psychology to make the left (and Libertarians on RPF) go insane on their own positions, just to be against him. In this case, he isn't even using reverse psychology. The guy genuinely appears to not want war. He'll talk tough to get opponents to the table, then praise them. Why would you praise somebody you want to go to war with?

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-20-2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

"Ref? can we change the rules of the game so that I won before we even play?".

I merely took your logic that you apply to others, and applied it to your own words.

Why do you have to explain yourself?
    THE SQUAD of RPF

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting.

Here's the breakdown:

Trump: I don't wanna fight, but Iran better bend the knee. (You ignore the part in bold and leave it out of your OP)

RPF: WTF Trump, you say the MIC wants war. So now you're the CIC, and you decide to saber rattle?

Eleganz: RPF is pro war!

I'm pretty sure Wilson and Johnson were known liars by that time.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Here's the breakdown:

Trump: I don't wanna fight, but Iran better bend the knee. (You ignore the part in bold and leave it out of your OP)

RPF: WTF Trump, you say the MIC wants war. So now you're the CIC, and you decide to saber rattle?

Eleganz: RPF is pro war!
    AMEN.

And +rep!
    There is no spoon.

He only hires the best people.
    I think it may be safe to say the best people do not have to take those jobs .
    Do something Danke

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast