Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

If American tech workers do not work on computer programming jobs for 10 to 15 years, how will they gain real-life experience and innovation knowledge of the computer and technology field.

Donald Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

Read more.. https://dangerousmother.com
    Last edited by Itsback; 02-03-2019 at 06:40 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do It!
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I have never seen a reason for them in the first place . If you scrap them you can revisit it later and see if they are needed .
    Do something Danke

I've been waiting for this to happen ever since the first wave of replacing American workers (perversely forcing Americans to train their replacements in the process) with them.

The company I worked for outsourced all IT operations to India. There were also plenty of Indian-Americans there who lost their jobs to their fellow Indian nationals back in their own country.

Donald Trump had said many things in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    I've been waiting for this to happen ever since the first wave of replacing American workers (perversely forcing Americans to train their replacements in the process) with them.
    MAGA = Make America Great Again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Today Donald trump said "Chinese have lived too well too long" defending his tariffs on Chinese goods and products.

Who's next ??

Quote Originally Posted by Itsback View Post
    Today Donald trump said "Chinese have lived too well too long" defending his tariffs on Chinese goods and products.
    Considering they have built their prosperity on theft and cheating I don't see how DJTvsg is wrong.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If American tech workers do not work on computer programming jobs for 10 to 15 years, how will they gain real-life experience and innovation knowledge of the computer and technology field.

Donald Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas

Read more.. http://dangerousmother.com
    The flaw in that theory is that those companies will have to go out of business or relocate to another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    The flaw in that theory is that those companies will have to go out of business or relocate to another country.
    LOL

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL
    What's funny about basic math? Hint: Revenue - expenses.

What's funny about basic math? Hint: Revenue - expenses.
    What's funny is the idea that American businesses can't turn a profit without outsourcing or importing slave labor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What's funny is the idea that American businesses can't turn a profit without outsourcing or importing slave labor.
    They're having trouble turning a profit now! That's why we have to have interest rates near 0% and we have to borrow a trillion a year. Obviously not all businesses will fail. Just the ones that have a high percentage of H1Bs. It's the same math as raising the minimum wage.

They're having trouble turning a profit now! That's why we have to have interest rates near 0% and we have to borrow a trillion a year. Obviously not all businesses will fail. Just the ones that have a high percentage of H1Bs. It's the same math as raising the minimum wage.
    H1Bs are very much like ZIRP, they are a crutch to support other problems and they are bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does this mean that he's not planning on a 4th divorce?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

H1Bs are very much like ZIRP, they are a crutch to support other problems and they are bad.
    Russians, Chinese, Europeans also have the best technology for computers. They must be good at computer programming

Russians, Chinese, Europeans also have the best technology for computers. They must be good at computer programming
    That's nice for them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yup. Killing H1Bs would kill competitiveness for many US companies. They'd be forced to relocate or outsource overseas. It would be damaging to U.S.
    Even with the H1B, U.S. tech still suffers from a dearth of available tech competent American workers - Chemistry, physics, engineering.
    H1Bs are not undercutting U.S. workers. In fact the skills and work ethics of H1B workers are so desirable that they are earning more than equivalent U.S. workers , not even counting the additional costs for relocation and legal work for the visa processing.
    Walk into any post graduate tech and science programs in the U.S. Universities or even many just bachelor engineering programs. You'll witness them dominated by foreign students. They can't even recruit enough Americans into the programs. U.S. students are far more interested in majoring in political science, communication, marketing, humanities, business, management, sociology, psychology, history, English, general studies, liberal arts, criminal justice, etc.
    U.S. students en masse are not interested in pursuing demanding tech degrees. Overwhelmingly U.S. high school students lack the necessary science and mathematics to succeed in such programs. Very few high school graduates have even been exposed to any proficient level of calculus. Most lack any math proficiency beyond rudimentary algebra skills.
    U.S. culture programs its youth that other endeavors are far more important and desirable like sports, music, entertainment, virtue signalling, social statusing, protesting, getting triggered,
    We are not talking about unskilled, uneducated, unvetted illegal immigrants here. We are talking about the ability to be able to recruit from the best talent from what the entire world can produce. That is an amazing competitive advantage.
    If anything, to make America greater, Trump should raise the cap on H1B visa.
    Fortunately , Trump won't scrap the H1B. He can't, as Congress write the laws. Even if he had the power he wouldn't, despite all the bluster.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Yup. Killing H1Bs would kill competitiveness for many US companies. They'd be forced to relocate or outsource overseas. It would be damaging to U.S.
    Russians and Europeans must also get jobs on H1-B visas.

So you're for a minimum wage?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So you're for a minimum wage?
    No.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    The company I worked for outsourced all IT operations to India. There were also plenty of Indian-Americans there who lost their jobs to their fellow Indian nationals back in their own country.
    Expect a lot more of that now. And outsourcing to Canada. (Canada is welcoming the H1B visa holders).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No.
    Have you ever run a business?
    "The Patriarch"

Have you ever run a business?
    I have helped run the family business.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have helped run the family business.
    Well ok, I have run my own business. So you're aware of unions, government mandates and the obstacles our government presents? Also, how was your experience in hiring and training new employees?
    "The Patriarch"

Well ok, I have run my own business. So you're aware of unions, government mandates and the obstacles our government presents?
    Yes, painfully aware.

Also, how was your experience in hiring and training new employees?
    Generally good but there were a few losers.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by homahr View Post
    The company I worked for outsourced all IT operations to India. There were also plenty of Indian-Americans there who lost their jobs to theirfellow Indian nationals back in their own country.
    American tech/IT workers must work for $10,000/month. That is better than unemployment. Tomatoes are $3/kilo (cost of living) for everybody in USA.
    Last edited by Itsback; 10-31-2018 at 02:07 PM.

I think programming wasn't attractive for a lot of Americans because of our culture. There wasn't really any sort of a shift until movies like Matrix and TV shows like the Big Bang Theory. Even When Matrix came out Keanu Reeves paid the CGI team money out of his own pocket because he said they were the ones who made the movie good. Now we have people playing video games on ESPN and the biggest blockbuster movies are from comic books. Before nerds were cool comic book franchises were paying movie studios to make movies for their comics that they wouldn't even sell because they didn't want to lose the rights to their intellectual property.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast