Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ignorance is the enemy

Ignorance is the enemy

Whether a person is considered left or right, Democrat or Republican, what the majority of both sides suffer from is ignorance. They jump on the band wagon of the day, adamantly defending one side or the other, driven by their favorite political or media source. They have no in-depth knowledge of the issues at hand.

One of the main reasons for this is dependence upon the tightly controlled media, which is usually nothing more than divisive propaganda, intentionally concealing, twisting, selectively editing, taking things out of context and often lying. The vast majority of people can not escape this, as their attention on issues is either limited to few minutes of mainstream media a day, or long hours of simple, repetitive and shallow political punditry.

As a gross generalization, this can be applied to any issue of the day, month or year.

Social media has only made this phenomenon worse. Super simplified and short messages, equivalent to gossip. There is information on the internet, but unfortunately the misinformation drowns out the truth. The education system is now nothing but a propaganda and conditioning factory. True impartial education, facts and knowledge is not the goal, it is anathema.

Is there a solution?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    COVID is a prime example. The lies and contradictions, based upon politics and profits, are thick. The truth is thin.

Do you need a COVID vaccine after having COVID? The majority of people, left or right, will say yes. This is a denial of a hundred years of well established science. The entire theory of vaccination is to mimic in some way an actual infection, because surviving an infection results in immunity.

Many people will now say that the vaccine is “better” than having the infection. This is only true in one respect, if the effects of the disease are much worse (symptoms, morbidity, mortality) than the vaccine. In the case of many diseases with high fatality rates, this is absolutely true. Better to have the vaccine than the disease. COVID vaccines, for children and young people, may be more of a risk than the disease itself, and may result in more symptoms than the disease.

Otherwise, natural immunity from having the disease will be better than a vaccine. Your body has experienced the entire virus, and everything that it can throw at you. The popular COVID vaccines only teach your body to recognize a single spike protein that the virus currently possesses.

Needless to say, in depth information is not known to the masses. The masses only know vaccine good*, unvaccinated people bad. This is a level of knowledge more appropriate for a dog, not a person.

(* With the caveat that at any time, the official propaganda can declare a particular vaccine questionable, at which time the public will quickly and willing do a 180 and believe that particular vaccine is bad.)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

On any given day, ignorance is cheap while knowledge takes effort. It's only in the long run that ignorance becomes costly while knowledge becomes priceless.

And politicians will do anything in their power to make ignorance seem cheaper for people.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Ignorance is a problem.

Bigger problem, is that people are highly inclined to believe what they want to believe.

Even when confronted with facts that conclusively disprove their current position, it is rarely enough to tear the near unbreakable bonds to which they hold their beloved beliefs.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Do you need a COVID vaccine after having COVID? The majority of people, left or right, will say yes. This is a denial of a hundred years of well established science. The entire theory of vaccination is to mimic in some way an actual infection, because surviving an infection results in immunity.
    You're right generally, but I'd just note that depending on what strain you had, it may be that a vaccine could provide broader immunity to more strains than what you developed by fighting off the infection naturally.

Many people will now say that the vaccine is “better” than having the infection. This is only true in one respect, if the effects of the disease are much worse (symptoms, morbidity, mortality) than the vaccine. In the case of many diseases with high fatality rates, this is absolutely true. Better to have the vaccine than the disease. COVID vaccines, for children and young people, may be more of a risk than the disease itself, and may result in more symptoms than the disease.
    COVID has long-term effects which persist after recovery from the illness.

If someone chooses to risk diminished lung capacity because they're worried that the vaccine might give them muscle soreness or a temporary rash, that's a decision that I think they should be entitled to make, but I won't pretend it's a wise decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Is there a solution?
    Fact Checkers?
    because they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie, in order that judgment may come upon all who have disbelieved the truth and delighted in wickedness.…
    Furthermore, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

patience
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Whether a person is considered left or right, Democrat or Republican, what the majority of both sides suffer from is ignorance. They jump on the band wagon of the day, adamantly defending one side or the other, driven by their favorite political or media source. They have no in-depth knowledge of the issues at hand.

One of the main reasons for this is dependence upon the tightly controlled media, which is usually nothing more than divisive propaganda, intentionally concealing, twisting, selectively editing, taking things out of context and often lying. The vast majority of people can not escape this, as their attention on issues is either limited to few minutes of mainstream media a day, or long hours of simple, repetitive and shallow political punditry.
    This is an interesting result of the proliferation of media sources: it seems that people are choosing to consume only that media which will cater to them and tell them what they want to hear. There are no uncomfortable truths within the propaganda bubble.

I'm not really sure what the solution is this this part of the problem that you identified. Media, whether social or traditional, is simply giving their customers exactly what they are asking for. This is not a thing which media does to people, but rather a thing which people are doing to themselves. It's a demand-side problem, not a supply-side problem.

The education system is now nothing but a propaganda and conditioning factory. True impartial education, facts and knowledge is not the goal, it is anathema.
    I'm not sure that "now" is correct. There have always been partisan efforts to slant education away from truth and to a set of carefully selected facts.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You're right generally, but I'd just note that depending on what strain you had, it may be that a vaccine could provide broader immunity to more strains than what you developed by fighting off the infection naturally.
    I would hypothesize that the opposite is true. Natural immunity is better.

Most of the vaccines focus only on the spike protein. That is a small part of the entire virus. Vaccines themselves will drive variants of the virus to evolve and change that spike protein, which will render the current vaccines useless. Natural immunity very well may be able to identify other attributes of the virus other than the spike protein, and thus remain effective if the spike protein evolves.

Needless to say, if the virus continues to evolve, it can render both vaccines and natural immunity less effective. But the virus will no longer be novel. It will simply be a variation of an existing virus. It will become less deadly, and people will fight it off easier.

If someone chooses to risk diminished lung capacity because they're worried that the vaccine might give them muscle soreness or a temporary rash, that's a decision that I think they should be entitled to make, but I won't pretend it's a wise decision.
    For some people. As I noted, I am most concerned about children and young people. The potential of as yet unknown side effects from the vaccine far outweigh a virus from which they mostly don't even experience symptoms.

People who are older then that (30-60) seem to have more severe effects from the vaccine. Down for several days with what they have called one of the worst flus they have ever had. People who already have natural immunity in that age range seem to have the worst reactions. It's possibly a manifestation of vaccine enhancement.

Vaccines are probably a good idea for older folks and vulnerable folks with comorbidities or other health issues. And older folks have immune systems that don't over react to vaccines.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Fact Checkers?
    To modify an old quote, who fact checks the fact checkers?

Do you support ignorance? Are you simply copying propaganda for your personal joy or do you have other motives?
    There isn't much known about COVID-19, besides that much of it is fear mongering.

I takes at least 5 years to develop a new medical treatment and go through proper trials.

The experimental COVID vaccines feature technology made by the computer. Vaccines like these had never been approved before.
    Needless to say that these "vaccines" (as this is new technology some say that it aren't "vaccines" at all) have never gone through a proper year-long medical trial.

We simply do NOT know whether the claimed suspiciously high efficacy for these "vaccines" (95% after the second shot) was created by rigged numbers, and we won't find out as big pharma won't disclose this data any time soon.

Besides that as the vaccines were already emergency approved after a 2 month trial, we don't know what the long-term (or even short term?) adverse effects will be.
    Just to be on the safe side after these vaccines were already emergency approved, they released the placebo group from the trial, so we won't ever know about the efficacy or adverse effects...
    Last edited by Firestarter; 04-23-2021 at 01:08 PM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Another example on the recent shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant.

Person: Did you hear that the cops killed another black girl?
    Me: Yeah, tragic. Tricky situation.
    Person: Why did they shoot her?
    Me: Well she had a knife and was trying to stab a couple of other girls.
    Person: Wow. I didn't hear about that.

I would hypothesize that the opposite is true. Natural immunity is better.
    Maybe? Depends.

Most of the vaccines focus only on the spike protein. That is a small part of the entire virus. Vaccines themselves will drive variants of the virus to evolve and change that spike protein, which will render the current vaccines useless. Natural immunity very well may be able to identify other attributes of the virus other than the spike protein, and thus remain effective if the spike protein evolves.
    Alternatively, if the different strains vary in other ways, but not the spike protein, then immunity from the vaccine may be more effective against those various strains than natural immunity.

For some people. As I noted, I am most concerned about children and young people.
    You're most concerned about the people with the least to be concerned about? Why?

People who are older then that (30-60) seem to have more severe effects from the vaccine. Down for several days with what they have called one of the worst flus they have ever had.
    I'd take that side effect over permanently diminish lung capacity. Would you?
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I takes at least 5 years to develop a new medical treatment and go through proper trials.
    It takes at least 2 minutes to make up something off the top of your head and state it as a fact.

Do you support all vaccines which have existed for at least 5 years, or is this just an arbitrary standard that, if reached, still wouldn't affect your opinion of the vaccine?

We simply do NOT know whether the claimed suspiciously high efficacy for these "vaccines" (95% after the second shot) was created by rigged numbers, and we won't find out as big pharma won't disclose this data any time soon.
    If the numbers are all rigged, how would you learn them a year from now?
    Pinochet is the model

It takes at least 2 minutes to make up something off the top of your head and state it as a fact.
    No, I believe a fast typer like you can make up BS in only 10 seconds, like...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

...Alternatively, if the different strains vary in other ways, but not the spike protein, then immunity from the vaccine may be more effective against those various strains than natural immunity.
    Once again, if the vaccine drives any evolution of the virus, it will be a change to the spike protein, as that is the only part of the virus that the vaccines target.

You're most concerned about the people with the least to be concerned about? Why?
    You edited out the reason: "The potential of as yet unknown side effects from the vaccine far outweigh a virus from which they mostly don't even experience symptoms." Plus there is the known potential of vaccine induced enhancement. We should have the most concern about children, they have a lot longer to live.

No. I had it, and it had no effect on my lungs. Diminished lung capacity is a known effect of having the virus, but it is relatively rare. There is no way to call something "permanent" that has only been around for a little over a year. And perhaps the FDA/Big Pharma complex didn't hinder other treatments, maybe some of those effected lungs could be prevented or treated.

Once again, if the vaccine drives any evolution of the virus, it will be a change to the spike protein, as that is the only part of the virus that the vaccines target.
    Yes, but other mutations still occur, whether beneficial or not. It may be that there's more possibility for variation of other things besides the spike protein, or it might be that there's a large range of variation of the spike protein itself. I'm not a virologist. Your assertion may be correct but I don't think it's the only possibility or the only likely possibility.

Also, existing strains already have mutated spike proteins but the initial set of vaccines seem to remain effective against them.

You edited out the reason: "The potential of as yet unknown side effects from the vaccine far outweigh a virus from which they mostly don't even experience symptoms."
    Why are you concerned about unknown side effects of a vaccine but not unknown side effects of COVID?

We should have the most concern about children, they have a lot longer to live.
    Why? You said that they have the lowest risk of both COVID side effects and vaccine side effects. I don't know if either of those things are true, I'm just comparing your assertions to each other.

No. I had it, and it had no effect on my lungs. Diminished lung capacity is a known effect of having the virus, but it is relatively rare.
    Rarer or less rare than vaccine side effects?

And perhaps the FDA/Big Pharma complex didn't hinder other treatments, maybe some of those effected lungs could be prevented or treated.
    The FDA/Big Pharma hindered other treatments... by researching and fast tracking the one that you mentioned, then approving it for use in emergency cases?
    Pinochet is the model

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, I believe a fast typer like you can make up BS in only 10 seconds, like...
    You think that's BS?

Is anyone denying that COVID has impacts on health which last beyond the person's recovery from the disease itself? If so I haven't seen it. At that point you might as well deny that the disease exists at all.
    Pinochet is the model

The FDA/Big Pharma hindered other treatments... by researching and fast tracking the one that you mentioned, then approving it for use in emergency cases?
    That was an extremely narrow testing authorization, at only a few clinics, for extremely ill COVID patients. They never received EUA to expand beyond that. They have essentially forced that treatment into the traditional pipeline, which takes years. And it’s not terribly experimental, just a new use for an existing drug.

Just take Ivermectin before, during and after COVID-19 for prevention, cure and negate any long term effects.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Just take Ivermectin before, during and after COVID-19 for prevention, cure and negate any long term effects.
    My bottle just says 100 Proof Old Grand Dad.
    Do something Danke

Unknown side effects of a cold? a cold with a name.

Does calling a cold "Covid" make it more sound more dangerous than every other cold??
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

At that point you might as well deny that the disease exists at all.
    The Cold?
    or the mythical Killer Cold, with a 99% Recovery rate that has been hyped beyond belief?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yes, but other mutations still occur, whether beneficial or not. It may be that there's more possibility for variation of other things besides the spike protein, or it might be that there's a large range of variation of the spike protein itself. I'm not a virologist. Your assertion may be correct but I don't think it's the only possibility or the only likely possibility.

Also, existing strains already have mutated spike proteins but the initial set of vaccines seem to remain effective against them.

Why are you concerned about unknown side effects of a vaccine but not unknown side effects of COVID?

Why? You said that they have the lowest risk of both COVID side effects and vaccine side effects. I don't know if either of those things are true, I'm just comparing your assertions to each other.

seems legit
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

You think that's BS?

Is anyone denying that COVID has impacts on health which last beyond the person's recovery from the disease itself? If so I haven't seen it. At that point you might as well deny that the disease exists at all.

seems legit
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Seems legit
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Do you support all vaccines which have existed for at least 5 years, or is this just an arbitrary standard that, if reached, still wouldn't affect your opinion of the vaccine?

If the numbers are all rigged, how would you learn them a year from now?

seems legit,
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Maybe? Depends.

Alternatively, if the different strains vary in other ways, but not the spike protein, then immunity from the vaccine may be more effective against those various strains than natural immunity.

seems legit
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

It is not a "vaccine," it is an "experimental gene therapy!" If you get jabbed with Novocain, is that considered a vaccine, because it came out of a needle? They are calling this jab a "vaccine" so they can be protected from any liability from the 1986 liability protection.

People who get this jab are in essence the host of new variants. The spiked protein can shed from one person to the next. This is the danger.

As far as politics goes; I am a Trump supporter, but I have vehemently opposed his rolling out "Operation Warp Speed." Unfortunately I believe he was played like a fiddle by the liars around him about Covid-19. In the end, there will be no excuse for this ignorance--common sense has taken a back seat, which was driven by FEAR.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    People who get this jab are in essence the host of new variants. The spiked protein can shed from one person to the next. This is the danger.
    What can happen with any vaccine, or even immunity after having a disease, is that a person can be exposed in the wild to the virus (or bacteria in the case of Pertussis or Diptheria), and for a short time, pass that virus or bacteria on, while still being immune to a full on infection.

Technically, it is not the spike protein itself that can “shed”.

And when only the spike protein is the target of a vaccine, that will favor a virus variant that changes it’s spike protein, bypassing the vaccine protection.

Another example:

Me: A lot of people are already immune to COVID because they had it early on, and thought it was a cold, flu or allergies. And that was happening as early as December 2019.

Another person: No way, it only came to the US in March. There’s no proof of that.

Me: No it was here earlier. They have found it in blood and sewage samples taken in late 2019.

Another person: No way, you can’t find a virus in sewage water.

Me: <Pulls up article about sewage testing for viruses. Shows it to them.>

Another person: Wow. Never knew that they could do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast