View Poll Results: are you voting for gary johnson?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 41.07%
  • no

28 50.00%
  • undecided

5 8.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you voting for Gary Johnson? Explain your answer plz

Are you voting for Gary Johnson? Explain your answer plz

go. just want to know how much support he has from this forum. after being here since early 2007, i am starting to question what we have built here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I understand why a liberty forum won't officially throw their support behind Trump. However, why they would at the same time support a candidate who advocates forced mandatory vaccinations, is beyond me.

I'm voting for GJ because I want to ban tobacco, abort babies, and tax breathing. Make sure you pay your carbon tax before you smell that delicious freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    just want to know how much support he has from this forum.
    Gary Johnson openly contended that he rejects both the right to Life and the right to Individual Liberty fully. And under the banner of Liberty, he contended this.

after being here since early 2007, i am starting to question what we have built here
    Respectfully, after seeing people here since early 2007 actively organizing for a presidential candidate who openly contends that he rejects both the right to Life and the right to Individual Liberty fully, I'm starting to question if some friends who like to project some kind of superior ability to reason simply because they have an 07 behind their name are actually the ones who are in desperate in need of re-education in matters of Individual Liberty. It sure seems so.

The days of phone tag are over. As are the days of cheerleading just to try to hurry up and get elected. It's 2016. And we have a far more critical task at hand. We need to educate. Pulling the lever isn't accomplishing jack squat nothin. Carpe Diem! Or not. This is a choice.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-18-2016 at 09:30 PM.

I'm voting for Gary because he's right on a large number of issues. Not all liberty issues, but enough to make me believe he'd push things in the right direction. 60 Minutes just aired a segment, viewed by 8 million people, where Gary talked about abolishing the IRS, legalizing marijuana, and ending the Department of Homeland Frisking, among other things. It's absolutely beneficial to have these discussions with the American people.

Gary's also right on a large number of other issues:

Johnson would cut at least some amount of funding to the National Institute of Health and the National Science Foundation, with abolition being an option.

Johnson believes we should allow more off-shore drilling, and drilling in ANWR.

The three things Johnson condemns most strongly about the George W. Bush presidency are: Bush's spending, the Iraq War, and not ultimately withdrawing from Afghanistan.

Johnson doesn't believe the U.S. government should have intervened in Libya.

Johnson would appoint Supreme Court justices who adhered to an originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

Johnson supports auditing the Federal Reserve and places the blame on the Federal Reserve's shoulders for the current recession.

Johnson believes that by pursuing domestic oil drilling, within 15 years we could produce over half the oil that we consume.

Johnson would cut defense spending and entitlements, but believes that Social Security can be reformed without being cut.

Johnson would not only legalize marijuana, he would also issue pardons for all those who are in prison solely for marijuana.

Johnson would rule out raising taxes as a way to reduce the deficit.

Johnson is opposed to the corporate income tax, believing it is a double tax.

Johnson believes that legalizing marijuana will relieve much of the border violence.

Johnson states that the Fair Tax is his preferred method of reforming our tax code.

Johnson doesn't believe government-funded high-speed rail is a profitable venture, and isn't sure it would be profitable even with private funding.

Johnson is not a "Birther".

Johnson would abolish the Department of Education.

Johnson would remove HUD.

Johnson would only deploy the U.S. military if there were a clear threat to national security and he got congressional authorization.

Johnson believes farm subsidies need to be cut by at least 43%, and possibly abolished.

Johnson believes the death penalty is flawed public policy.

Johnson would have let the so-called "too big to fail" banks fail.

Johnson would eliminate all instances on federal government questionnaires asking about your race or skin color.

Johnson would look at selling land currently being used as overseas U.S. military bases, as one way to help reduce the national debt.

Johnson supports rescinding the passport requirement for US-Canada travel.

Johnson supports a commodity based currency, such as a gold and/or silver backed currency.

Johnson, if elected President, would submit legislation to balance the federal budget.

One of Johnson's heroes is Milton Friedman.

Johnson would support a flat tax proposal.

Johnson believes President Obama violated the Constitution by initiating military action in Libya.

Johnson personally believes that abortion should be allowed up until the viability of the fetus, and points out that as Governor of New Mexico, he signed
    legislation banning late term abortions.

Johnson's favorite book is "The Fountainhead", by Ayn Rand

Johnson supports a free market approach to health care reform.

Johnson's all-time favorite President is Thomas Jefferson.

Johnson believes rising oil prices are due to shrinking supply and a devaluing Dollar. He places the blame on the Federal Reserve.

Johnson would pardon Bernard von Nothaus, creator of the Liberty Dollar.

Johnson would never have established the TSA, and would return airline security functions to the private airline companies.

Johnson advocates harm reduction strategies for hard drugs (i.e. treating them first as a health issue, not a criminal justice issue).

Johnson believes states should handle all welfare programs, not the federal government.

Johnson adheres to the Austrian School of economics, not Supply Side economics.

Johnson would try not to cut Social Security, but would raise the retirement age and do means testing.

Johnson hopes to win by communicating directly with as many people as possible.

Johnson doesn't think the problem with Wall Street is a lack of regulation, but rather protectionist government policies that favor big corporations.

Johnson believes that the transparency offered by Wikileaks is a good thing.

Johnson would consider pardoning Edward Snowden.

Educate away, NC. Gary's a candidate with mostly libertarian and some pragmatist statist positions. He's the only major option who isn't demonstrably dishonest and evil.

He's for the NAP, against the drug war, against the MIC wars, wants to abolish the IRS, the NSA and the Department of Education. If one agrees with those points, one should consider voting for him.

Whether you vote for him or not, he's busting his ass for anybody who wants to see alternative parties (including the CP) have a fighting chance to gain a foothold in the future. So have the decency to at least send good vibes his way as you pull the lever for trumplary, Stein, Deez Nutz, Castle (who is not busting ass) or VS.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

If anyone is tired of the two party stranglehold it is necessary a 3rd party option can exist without it being a "throw away vote". While he's no Ron Paul I support his overall message.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Educate away, NC. Gary's a candidate with mostly libertarian and some pragmatist statist positions. He's the only major option who isn't demonstrably dishonest and evil.

He's for the NAP, against the drug war, against the MIC wars, wants to abolish the IRS, the NSA and the Department of Education. If one agrees with those points, one should consider voting for him.

Whether you vote for him or not, he's busting his ass for anybody who wants to see alternative parties (including the CP) have a fighting chance to gain a foothold in the future. So have the decency to at least send good vibes his way as you pull the lever for trumplary, Stein, Deez Nutz, Castle (who is not busting ass) or VS.
    I think most of any educating I partake in won't be done here.

Don't get me wrong, though, I appreciate the concept of Third Party. As I've mentioned elsewhere, though, it's balatantly apparent that the traditional single-party system that has functioned under the illusion of two parties has basically expanded to a single-party functioning as three this cycle. I think that's what was accomplished this cycle. The single establishment party expanded. And it was predictable after those historic 2014 MT turnouts for Indy and Third-Party candidates. There was no way the establishment party was going to let that go unchallenged. And here we are. Now we have a candidate who openly contended that he'd send men from the government with guns to force Individuals and groups of Individuals to relinquish their right to property being organized for and promoted IN LIBERTY. And, again...for likely the thousandth time, property rights are the principal support for the right to Life and Individual Liberty itself. This open rejection of the Individual's right to his property is patently a rejection of both the right to Life and Individual Liberty fully. And there is absolutely no way that you or anyone else can logically prove otherwise. None. You can try. But you can't.

So much for your NAP. By his own contention, he is the most aggressive candidate against Individual Liberty because he openly rejected the right to Life and Liberty's principal support. He openly contended that he'd send men with guns from the government to force Individuals and groups of Individuals to relinquish that right. So thanks but no thanks. I think I'll stick with my previous thought on it here. Principles define Individual Liberty. My friend. Not policy. And there is no in between. One is a either a defender of the principles of Individual Liberty or they're an aggressor. And that's a fact. It's the only meaningful fact of the matter.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-18-2016 at 10:21 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    VS.
    VS has some good ideas.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    I'm voting for Gary because he's right on a large number of issues. Not all liberty issues, but enough to make me believe he'd push things in the right direction. 60 Minutes just aired a segment, viewed by 8 million people, where Gary talked about abolishing the IRS, legalizing marijuana, and ending the Department of Homeland Frisking, among other things. It's absolutely beneficial to have these discussions with the American people.

Gary's also right on a large number of other issues:

Johnson would cut at least some amount of funding to the National Institute of Health and the National Science Foundation, with abolition being an option.

Johnson believes we should allow more off-shore drilling, and drilling in ANWR.

The three things Johnson condemns most strongly about the George W. Bush presidency are: Bush's spending, the Iraq War, and not ultimately withdrawing from Afghanistan.

Johnson doesn't believe the U.S. government should have intervened in Libya.

Johnson would appoint Supreme Court justices who adhered to an originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

Johnson supports auditing the Federal Reserve and places the blame on the Federal Reserve's shoulders for the current recession.

Johnson believes that by pursuing domestic oil drilling, within 15 years we could produce over half the oil that we consume.

Johnson would cut defense spending and entitlements, but believes that Social Security can be reformed without being cut.

Johnson would not only legalize marijuana, he would also issue pardons for all those who are in prison solely for marijuana.

Johnson would rule out raising taxes as a way to reduce the deficit.

Johnson is opposed to the corporate income tax, believing it is a double tax.

Johnson believes that legalizing marijuana will relieve much of the border violence.

Johnson states that the Fair Tax is his preferred method of reforming our tax code.

Johnson doesn't believe government-funded high-speed rail is a profitable venture, and isn't sure it would be profitable even with private funding.

Johnson is not a "Birther".

Johnson would abolish the Department of Education.

Johnson would remove HUD.

Johnson would only deploy the U.S. military if there were a clear threat to national security and he got congressional authorization.

Johnson believes farm subsidies need to be cut by at least 43%, and possibly abolished.

Johnson believes the death penalty is flawed public policy.

Johnson would have let the so-called "too big to fail" banks fail.

Johnson would eliminate all instances on federal government questionnaires asking about your race or skin color.

Johnson would look at selling land currently being used as overseas U.S. military bases, as one way to help reduce the national debt.

Johnson supports rescinding the passport requirement for US-Canada travel.

Johnson supports a commodity based currency, such as a gold and/or silver backed currency.

Johnson, if elected President, would submit legislation to balance the federal budget.

One of Johnson's heroes is Milton Friedman.

Johnson would support a flat tax proposal.

Johnson believes President Obama violated the Constitution by initiating military action in Libya.

Johnson personally believes that abortion should be allowed up until the viability of the fetus, and points out that as Governor of New Mexico, he signed
    legislation banning late term abortions.

Johnson's favorite book is "The Fountainhead", by Ayn Rand

Johnson supports a free market approach to health care reform.

Johnson's all-time favorite President is Thomas Jefferson.

Johnson believes rising oil prices are due to shrinking supply and a devaluing Dollar. He places the blame on the Federal Reserve.

Johnson would pardon Bernard von Nothaus, creator of the Liberty Dollar.

Johnson would never have established the TSA, and would return airline security functions to the private airline companies.

Johnson advocates harm reduction strategies for hard drugs (i.e. treating them first as a health issue, not a criminal justice issue).

Johnson believes states should handle all welfare programs, not the federal government.

Johnson adheres to the Austrian School of economics, not Supply Side economics.

Johnson would try not to cut Social Security, but would raise the retirement age and do means testing.

Johnson hopes to win by communicating directly with as many people as possible.

Johnson doesn't think the problem with Wall Street is a lack of regulation, but rather protectionist government policies that favor big corporations.

Johnson believes that the transparency offered by Wikileaks is a good thing.

Johnson would consider pardoning Edward Snowden.
    you say this like Congress was not involved. Like Trump, gary would get nothing done due to a lack of interest from Congress. This is good in my opinion as long as Hillary doesn't get elected.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    you say this like Congress was not involved. Like Trump, gary would get nothing done due to a lack of interest from Congress. This is good in my opinion as long as Hillary doesn't get elected.
    Oh, I know Congress wouldn't cooperate. But it's possible a few reforms could come out of this. And the presidential pardons (Bernard von Nothaus, Edward Snowden, marijuana users) would happen since they don't require Congress' approval. Trump wouldn't pardon those folks. The Obama administration is still going after pot users. That, too, would end under Johnson.

He is dishonest, too. Read up on his cannabis investments. He is the same as Hillary, and he stands for a lot of things that threaten my freedom. Not if he was the last candidate on earth.

If New Mexico is anything to go by, the budget would be bigger, we would be poorer, and that would be the same as Obama, except with more liberal judges.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Because of Allepo situation, going to remain on the fence LOL

I just don't know about his foreign policy record, his handling of Iraq invasion, his handling of Abu Ghraib, his handling of drome attacks on underage civilians etc to have an informed opinion about him.

I wouldn't want to waste my vote. My vote is way too valuable, to just go around voting willy-nilly-like
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I don't like him. But there aren't many other options

A write-in won't really be counted.

Castle has better positions but he's an even weaker communicator than Gary. He's not on the ballot here regardless.

I don't want Trump on my conscience.

Another option is Comrade Stein. At least she has principles.

How is not being a "birther" a positive for GJ? The only birth certificate provided by Obama was clearly fake.
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    How is not being a "birther" a positive for GJ? The only birth certificate provided by Obama was clearly fake.
    Fake as it is not his real father on it. And just fake too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Fake as it is not his real father on it. And just fake too.
    Yessir.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    How is not being a "birther" a positive for GJ?
    The Birther movement was started by Hillary Clinton and her team of professional smear-staff. Trump later ran with it. Whenever Clump agrees on something, you can bet liberty-minded people need to be extremely wary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    The Birther movement was started by Hillary Clinton and her team of professional smear-staff. Trump later ran with it. Whenever Clump agrees on something, you can bet liberty-minded people need to be extremely wary of it.
    Weary yes, but his birth certificate is obviously fake, among plenty of other evidence.
    I am the spoon.

Of course I am. He's not a known criminal like the major party candidates. Yes, I know he doesn't agree with every single pet issue you have.

Most of the trolls saying Johnson is not libertarian enough for them are for Trump of all things.

I will. Funny enough, if I thought he had a chance of winning, I'm not sure if I would still be voting for him though.

My vote is for the long game of 3rd party awareness, not Johnson. LP is the only 3rd party on my ballot.

All that said, I would have supported the hell out of Austin Petersen. Alas, I'll vote GJ, come home and take a long shower, and pray in 4 years the LP can crack 15% with a strong candidate.

I've never voted in any election.
    I consider any act which legitimises the State to be inherently wrong.
    On election day I'll find a way to support the counter economy.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Of course I am. He's not a known criminal like the major party candidates. Yes, I know he doesn't agree with every single pet issue you have.

Most of the trolls saying Johnson is not libertarian enough for them are for Trump of all things.
    GJ isn't libertarian. I am not a troll nor will I be voting for Trump.
    I am the spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I will. Funny enough, if I thought he had a chance of winning, I'm not sure if I would still be voting for him though.

My vote is for the long game of 3rd party awareness, not Johnson. LP is the only 3rd party on my ballot.

All that said, I would have supported the hell out of Austin Petersen. Alas, I'll vote GJ, come home and take a long shower, and pray in 4 years the LP can crack 15% with a strong candidate.
    I PM'd you.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I've never voted in any election.
    I consider any act which legitimises the State to be inherently wrong.
    On election day I'll find a way to support the counter economy.
    Voting is giving consent to your enslavement.
    I am the spoon.

I'm undecided. I'm still willing to cast a lot for Johnson, but it's looking less and less likely.

If I vote principle, I'll write in Ron Paul again. Johnson is no Ron Paul. But in Ohio, there's a pragmatic reason... The struggle of third parties in Ohio is ridiculous. Johnson won't even be on the ballot as a Libertarian, rather an "Independent". I'd like to see the alternative vote as high as possible.

In any case, I'd like to see Johnson in the debates and I'd like our media to do their jobs and give him the same percentage coverage as his poll numbers. Is he at 9%? Ok, give him 9% of your coverage. The duopoly is never going to be defeated until a 3rd party can crack through the noise. Johnson's not the candidate to do it, but the time is right.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

As a registered Libertarian voter, I find much fault with both Clinton and Trump. One thing each of these establishment candidates has going for them that Johnson doesn't; however, is neither of them pretend their policies of oppression against individual liberties are reflective of 'Libertarian' values. Of the three, Johnson's policies are the most nefarious. His policies will result in further erosion of individual rights, all the while him calling these same values 'Libertarian.' I guess I'll have to cast another vote for Ron Paul.
    Last edited by Leaning Libertarian; 09-19-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Yes vote explain:

Balanced budget.
    20% reduction in spending.
    Break the two-party corruption.
    Not lead by crony capitalism.
    Sound foreign policy.
    End war on drugs.
    Veto everthing.
    Lower taxes.

No, he's not a true libertarian. I would rather vote for Hillary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast