Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRS & Bitcoin

IRS & Bitcoin

Government coming after Bitcoin investors.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/own-bit...-unpaid-taxes/

The IRS is going after taxpayers who owe money from cryptocurrency trades. The agency began sending letters last week telling people they "potentially failed to report income" from selling virtual currencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum, and will send 10,000 of these letters by the end of August, according to a press release.

Tax attorneys suggested that this campaign is an outgrowth of a court order last year for currency platform Coinbase to turn over information on about 13,000 accounts to the IRS. When most people in the U.S. buy cryptocurrencies, they use regulated exchanges like Coinbase, said Katya Fisher, practice group leader of the blockchain, digital assets and technology transactions practice at law firm Greenspoon Marder.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    End the IRS.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What's there to worry about? Bitcoin is completely anonymous - its why people use it... Or so I've been told, again and again.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I knew this was going to happen. Its all about control and they don't want us to operate outside their system. FEDCOIN is coming, so they can ledger all out transactions.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

FUKKEM!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    What's there to worry about? Bitcoin is completely anonymous - its why people use it... Or so I've been told, again and again.
    You have not been told that it is completely anonymous. There are cyrpto currencies that are completely anonymous, bitcoin is not one of them. However, if you send bitcoin from one address to another, and then to another, there is no indication of who owns these other wallets. Your name isn't attached to the wallets, just the exchanges. They can presume things from the transfer, but that's about as far as it goes.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You have not been told that it is completely anonymous. There are cyrpto currencies that are completely anonymous, bitcoin is not one of them. However, if you send bitcoin from one address to another, and then to another, there is no indication of who owns these other wallets. Your name isn't attached to the wallets, just the exchanges. They can presume things from the transfer, but that's about as far as it goes.
    Which ones are completely anonymous?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Which ones are completely anonymous?
    Monero (XMR), DASH (sponsored Ben Swanns news show for a while), ZCash (ZEC), Verge (XVG), Bitcoin Private (BTCP)
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most of what the IRS does is fishing expeditions. By sending out notices they seek to create "controversy" (legal term) that the recipient acknowledges, thus entering a contractual dispute that can be litigated. Silence is also considered legal acceptance/consent so not replying is a bad move as well. The best way to respond to an IRS notice is mail them back saying you don't wish to engage in controversy and do not agree to enter into a contractual dispute. It's your engagement with the agency (aka contracting) that triggers their ability to do all the nasty stuff to you.

on topic: why did anyone think the exchanges needed every piece of ID info in order to open an account? cryptos are the bankers next monetary control system and the exchanges are the front end "banks" for it.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-28-2019 at 10:58 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Most of what the IRS does is fishing expeditions. By sending out notices they seek to create "controversy" (legal term) that the recipient acknowledges, thus entering a contractual dispute that can be litigated. Silence is also considered legal acceptance/consent so not replying is a bad move as well. The best way to respond to an IRS notice is mail them back saying you don't wish to engage in controversy and do not agree to enter into a contractual dispute. It's your engagement with the agency (aka contracting) that triggers their ability to do all the nasty stuff to you.

on topic: why did anyone think the exchanges needed every piece of ID info in order to open an account? cryptos are the bankers next monetary control system and the exchanges are the front end "banks" for it.

Bingo!

So, what is a good exchange(s) to use?

Monero (XMR), DASH (sponsored Ben Swanns news show for a while), ZCash (ZEC), Verge (XVG), Bitcoin Private (BTCP)
    Any anonymous exchanges?

[/B]

Bingo!

So, what is a good exchange(s) to use?
    There are none that I'm aware of that will allow account and wallet creation without ID verification, real anonymity. If you find one, please share. But I'm sure you won't.

The ID part is intertwined with the legal controversy doctrine I detailed. It is the name on the ID that indicates the corporation that the IRS, also a corporation, can interact with. When you submit the ID info, you are saying that you are the flesh and blood agent of the corporation name on the ID and willingly choose to accept the benefits and liabilities that come with operating that corporation name for that particular interaction. In short, all of these agencies and exchanges and everything are corporations and corporations can't interact with flesh and blood. They can only interact (contract) with other corporations.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

There are none that I'm aware of that will allow account and wallet creation without ID verification, real anonymity. If you find one, please share. But I'm sure you won't.

The ID part is intertwined with the legal controversy doctrine I detailed. It is the name on the ID that indicates the corporation that the IRS, also a corporation, can interact with. When you submit the ID info, you are saying that you are the flesh and blood agent of the corporation name on the ID and willingly choose to accept the benefits and liabilities that come with operating that corporation name for that particular interaction. In short, all of these agencies and exchanges and everything are corporations and corporations can't interact with flesh and blood. They can only interact (contract) with other corporations.
    +rep

Perhaps an Legal entity such as an A.I. Bot could interact as intermediary? I deal with the A.I. Bot instead?

+rep

Perhaps an Legal entity such as an A.I. Bot could interact as intermediary? I deal with the A.I. Bot instead?
    Interesting food for thought there. Do you mean that the AI bot is the entity that registers with the exchange instead of "your" name? If so, the AI bot would need an "ID" of some sort. I don't know if the exchanges actually cross-reference/verify ID upon registration to ensure the information is legit. Register an account with name Anderson I. Robot and other fictitious info and a photoshopped ID picture of a laptop (lol) and see what happens. I'm sure the exchange terms of service (contract) specifically prohibits that sort of thing though. It's all about getting you to take responsibility for the corporation name (actually an estate trust but whatevs, still a legal corporate fiction) that they, not you, own.

NON
    RESIDENT
    ALIEN
    INDIVIDUAL

now whut bit ch?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Interesting food for thought there. Do you mean that the AI bot is the entity that registers with the exchange instead of "your" name? If so, the AI bot would need an "ID" of some sort. I don't know if the exchanges actually cross-reference/verify ID upon registration to ensure the information is legit. Register an account with name Anderson I. Robot and other fictitious info and a photoshopped ID picture of a laptop (lol) and see what happens. I'm sure the exchange terms of service (contract) specifically prohibits that sort of thing though. It's all about getting you to take responsibility for the corporation name (actually an estate trust but whatevs, still a legal corporate fiction) that they, not you, own.
    Was thinking that the Bot acts as a registrar and broker (its own sovereign) that I would deal directly with.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any anonymous exchanges?

Here are quite a few:

https://www.buybitcoinworldwide.com/...ins-with-cash/

Warning that localbitcoins became a popular way for criminals to launder money, so the feds started sending agents out to buy bitcoin from sellers and actually prosecuted some of the people who were selling large amounts of coin a few years ago.

But the point is, yes, you can get bitcoin anonymously. You just need to find somebody who has bitcoin and wants to sell, and give them cash.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-28-2019 at 01:17 PM.

+rep

Wall of Coins is a peer-to-peer Bitcoin exchange that offers a number of payment methods.
    Cash deposit, however, is the exchange's most common payment method.
    There are over 100,000 deposit locations available across the United States.
    Wall of Coins also supports Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Argentina, Latvia, Poland, and the Philippines.
    Fairly private way to purchase bitcoins; only your phone number is required

+ rep

Here are quite a few:

Warning that localbitcoins became a popular way for criminals to launder money, so the feds started sending agents out to buy bitcoin from sellers and actually prosecuted some of the people who were selling large amounts of coin a few years ago.

But the point is, yes, you can get bitcoin anonymously. You just need to find somebody who has bitcoin and wants to sell, and give them cash.

Any anonymous exchanges?
    BISQ

https://bisq.network/

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    + rep

I got one of those letters. It nicely reminds people that if you didn't file your taxes correctly there are a few steps you can take to correct it. Oh yeah, there are jail times and heavy fines if you tried to get out of paying taxes.

Love the friendly government of the people.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

I have already read these cryptocurrency news.
    Probably the worst move for the IRS's crypto sector to make. There millions worth of taxes avoided by large corporations via crypto, shell companies, and other ways. I don't see a reason to go after the average joe, and I don't think anyone out of the 10,000 people contacted actually used abused the system to a large scale.
    Being forced to pay huge amounts of taxes to the government while you sit here and watch other companies cheat the system without punishment.

Only positive change this is bringing is that regulations are catching up to crypto's technology, which omens mainstream adoption.
    Last edited by DilanShark; 08-02-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Here are quite a few:

That list at the link is basically just services that facilitate the buying of cryptos outside of actual exchanges. Wall of Coins appears to come close but still isn't anonymous since it requires at least one piece of identifying information. As I said, there are no actual exchanges that allow fully anonymous account creation with standard crypto market operations. eta: the BISQ one also comes close but is a P2P exchange service instead of a front-end exchange. Better than nothing I guess if someone wants to buy into the next banker ponzi.
    Last edited by devil21; 07-29-2019 at 07:53 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That list at the link is basically just services that facilitate the buying of cryptos outside of actual exchanges. Wall of Coins appears to come close but still isn't anonymous since it requires at least one piece of identifying information. As I said, there are no actual exchanges that allow fully anonymous account creation with standard crypto market operations. eta: the BISQ one also comes close but is a P2P exchange service instead of a front-end exchange. Better than nothing I guess if someone wants to buy into the next banker ponzi.
    The question was if you could buy bitcoin anonymously. Yes, you can.

You can get also get a phone number without an identifying link.

The question was if you could buy bitcoin anonymously. Yes, you can.
    Yeah I guess so, if you want to do it bad enough and take the associated risks like meeting a random person with a pocketful of cash.

Yeah I guess so, if you want to do it bad enough and take the associated risks like meeting a random person with a pocketful of cash.
    You can meet at Starbucks, what are they going to do?

And you are setting impossible standards. What if you want to buy gold? Is that any more inherently private? Of course not.

You can meet at Starbucks, what are they going to do?

And you are setting impossible standards. What if you want to buy gold? Is that any more inherently private? Of course not.
    I don't meet random people with a pocketful of cash to buy gold, either.

I don't meet random people with a pocketful of cash to buy gold, either.
    That isn't the only option, and it's pretty safe if you do it in a public place during the day with people around.

I don't know why you're making these ridiculous arguments, gold has no advantage over bitcoin in this regard. If the government wanted to ban gold, or confiscate gold, it has just as many problems if not more. At least you can't steal somebody's bitcoin without having pins or keys.. with gold you can just take it by force.

Your best arguments against bitcoin are that it is conditioning us for a cashless society. But credit cards and applepay have already done that. Bitcoin didn't do that. Bitcoin is just an honest currency that the banks and governments can't inflate, which the people of the world can choose to use or not.

That isn't the only option, and it's pretty safe if you do it in a public place during the day with people around.

I don't know why you're making these ridiculous arguments, gold has no advantage over bitcoin in this regard. If the government wanted to ban gold, or confiscate gold, it has just as many problems if not more. At least you can't steal somebody's bitcoin without having pins or keys.. with gold you can just take it by force.

Your best arguments against bitcoin are that it is conditioning us for a cashless society. But credit cards and applepay have already done that. Bitcoin didn't do that. Bitcoin is just an honest currency that the banks and governments can't inflate, which the people of the world can choose to use or not.
    Similarly, I'm not sure why you're so hell bent on making ridiculous and impassioned defenses of bitcoin either. It's proven to not be secure, not anonymous and is fully trackable (apparently unless you buy it with cash at a Starbucks from a random person and then never interact with it again...sounds like money to me lol). Never mind that it is old tech as far as blockchain goes and has been well documented as being fraudulently valued via exchange wash trading and Tether games. Then there's the obvious cashless initiative and other signs I've detailed that it's completely a creation of the usual suspects. Seems like none of that matters to you. Just buy bitcoin! You'll get a lambo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast