Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife Sleeps Near Husband's Casket Before Burial [pic]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What an amazing picture.

You never see that on tv.

"Katherine Cathey was expecting a phone call from her husband, Marine 2nd. Lt. Jim Cathey, so she could tell him if their baby would be a boy or a girl. Instead, she got a knock at the door -- the knock every military family dreads. When his body finally arrived at the airport in the Marine's hometown of Reno, Katherine never wanted to leave his side. 'You take for granted the last night you spend with them,' she said. 'I think I took it for granted. This was the last night I'll have to sleep next to him.' She said about her all night vigil by Jim's casket the night before his burial. Major Steve Beck prepares for the final inspection of 2nd Lt. James J. Cathey's body, only days after notifying Cathey's wife of the Marine's death in Iraq. "

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."
    Last edited by Gordon; 12-19-2007 at 05:17 AM.

That's sad... God bless them all.

*Salute*

"Energy and persistence conquer all things"
    Benjamin Franklin
    The greatest sins are those who remain silent in the face of evil.

THIS brings the war home.

Wow, I do not have access to anything but the alphabet news networks, and certainly have not seen this on them. This story should be spread all around the nation, to make us lazy, apathetic, consumer driven slobs to wake up to the impact that this war has on everyday citizens. Another American family forever shattered. All the possibilities that will never be. Yes, it is only one, one of thousands, upon continued thousands. But what a poignant photograph. I hope and pray this woman finds solice in her life.
    This is what me work all the harder to elect Ron Paul. I know, he will not subject our fine brave young Americans to this result UNLESS it is to defend the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, not some desert oil country.
    To make a mistake is Human. To continue making that same mistake is Insanity.

That makes me very sad!
    WE ALL NEED TO UNITE. FREEDOM TAKES RESPONSIBILITY.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

The original story here at the Rocky Mountain News

Includes audio slide show, video and pdf file of the 24 page report:

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/news/finalSalute/

this speaks volumes about Americans....the wife......the honor of marriage....the honor of the Marine standing....the Marine in the coffin.....and we are wasting/suffering our best (marines and their wonderful wifes and families) for what????...the borders of iraq?????

How about the borders of America????

God this foreign policy needs radical yet basic change!!
    Last edited by xd9fan; 12-19-2007 at 05:45 PM.

Semper FI my brother for i will see you one day to help you stand guard on those gates. May the sabers of heaven sound at your arrival.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    What an amazing picture.

You never see that on tv.

"Katherine Cathey was expecting a phone call from her husband, Marine 2nd. Lt. Jim Cathey, so she could tell him if their baby would be a boy or a girl. Instead, she got a knock at the door -- the knock every military family dreads. When his body finally arrived at the airport in the Marine's hometown of Reno, Katherine never wanted to leave his side. 'You take for granted the last night you spend with them,' she said. 'I think I took it for granted. This was the last night I'll have to sleep next to him.' She said about her all night vigil by Jim's casket the night before his burial. Major Steve Beck prepares for the final inspection of 2nd Lt. James J. Cathey's body, only days after notifying Cathey's wife of the Marine's death in Iraq. "

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."
    This is one of the most heart-breaking things I have ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by joelfarm View Post
    Wow, I do not have access to anything but the alphabet news networks, and certainly have not seen this on them. This story should be spread all around the nation, to make us lazy, apathetic, consumer driven slobs to wake up to the impact that this war has on everyday citizens. Another American family forever shattered. All the possibilities that will never be. Yes, it is only one, one of thousands, upon continued thousands. But what a poignant photograph. I hope and pray this woman finds solice in her life.
    This is what me work all the harder to elect Ron Paul. I know, he will not subject our fine brave young Americans to this result UNLESS it is to defend the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, not some desert oil country.
    Exactly. No woman should have to suffer like this...we need to get Ron Paul to the White House.

Thanks shadow26....

for the comeback. I am bumping this not for me, only so more posters will notice this story, instead of some of the tripe that seems to be on it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by joelfarm View Post
    for the comeback. I am bumping this not for me, only so more posters will notice this story, instead of some of the tripe that seems to be on it recently.
    I agree...I wish this would go 'viral'...more people need to see it.

If that picture doesn't motivate one to rise for the cause of liberty and justice, nothing will.

I'll use this very sad image to make a point. Ever since the "surge" - not the one in Iraq, but the Ron Paul Revolution surge, have you noticed that the MSM doesn't even cover what's going on over there?

We no longer hear of the success (or failure) of the latest operation... listing the casualties. I cannot help but to see that this isn't coincidence. Chalk up another reason to be pissed at the MSM... the rotten bastards!

this is the type of needless lifelong family suffering that first got me into Dr. Paul, THEN came knowledge of RP's integrity, economic policy and overall foreign policy.

IF, and it is a big IF, most Americans are as fed up with this boondoggle as MSM says they are, why are so many parroting jorge bush's mantra "support the troops, fund the war"?
    And to make matters worse, the Democan controlled Congress just pass a hugh bill(over 500 Billion tax dollars) to fund it more.
    You remember those guys, they are the ones recently put in there, suposedly to stop this crime. The height of hypocrasy.I used to be one of the few in my circle to openly oppose the war. Not only the legality of it, but for the way our troops are being hamstrung in operating it.
    Now, I can not find anyone who thinks it is such a great adventure. That is because some of them have family over there in it. We are dreading the day one of them meets the fate of Katherine Cathey.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by xd9fan View Post
    this speaks volumes about Americans....the wife......the honor of marriage....the honor of the Marine standing....the Marine in the coffin.....and we are wasting/suffering our best (marines and their wonderful wifes and families) for what????...the borders of iraq?????

How about the borders of America????

God this foreign policy needs radical yet basic change!!
    Best post so far.

Quote Originally Posted by expatinireland View Post
    The original story here at the Rocky Mountain News

Includes audio slide show, video and pdf file of the 24 page report:

READ THIS ARTICLE!

I read it when it first came out, and I was BAWLING by the end of it. THIS IS THE REASON WE NEED TO COME HOME!

Yes, I just doubled posted! THE ARTICLE IS THAT GOOD! EVERYBODY HERE SHOULD READ IT!

It's time to bring our "boys" and "gals" home.

Quote Originally Posted by tomveil View Post
    READ THIS ARTICLE!

I read it when it first came out, and I was BAWLING by the end of it. THIS IS THE REASON WE NEED TO COME HOME!
    Me too! I just had to make a trip to the lady's room to wipe off my running mascara!! This is TRULY heartbreaking and needs to be seen by every warhawk on the planet!!! ONLY Ron Paul will insure that this doesn't needlessly happen while he's on watch!! WE MUST go EVERYTHING within our power to GET THIS MAN ELECTED!! It's going to be a no-holds barred, knock down, drag out, down and dirty kind of fight but WE MUST PREVAIL!!

Talk to people in check out lines. wear your Ron Paul shirts and buttons, carry slim-jims and/or liberty cards. Do whatever you can where ever you can.

Support our military (and their families). BRING THEM HOME ALIVE!!
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

Just a reminder. Why we fight.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's an image that would pierce a heart made out of stone.

What a needless waste! This almost brings me to tears.

My son will be of age in a few years. I will not let him be drafted into this war.
    On the other hand, I would be OK with him defending our own borders through military service.

Everyone should watch the movie "We were soldiers then". It really gets at all the aspects of war. It changed my outlook drastically, and movies rarely have any effect on me.
    To all those that do not share my biblical Christian beliefs: We are in this together! Ron Paul is standing up for the Constitutional rights of ALL Americans, regardless of beliefs. Peace be upon you and Bless You for helping to support Ron Paul!

Freedom Is Popular

This post made me weep. I don't think my heart could stand reading the Rocky Mountain News article.

This was must end NOW and we must make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by inibo View Post
    This post made me weep. I don't think my heart could stand reading the Rocky Mountain News article.

This was must end NOW and we must make sure nothing like this ever happens again.
    It makes EVERYONE weep; man or woman. That is precisely WHY it must be spread everywhere...

bump
    "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788.
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG

Appleseed Project - "Common folks teaching common folks to shoot uncommonly well"

Reading the thread title I was ready to make a joke about rigor mortis and "getting it up" but it's not gonna happen after seeing the pic.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast