Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign received $100,000 online today

Campaign received $100,000 online today

Campaign received $100,000 online today.

I was at the SF events today. Kent Snyder told the evening crowd that today, separate from the fundraising from today's San Francisco event (which I personally estimate at $70,000 to $100,000), in addition, the campaign received an additional $100,000 today from online donations.

All in all a good day moneywise.

Ron had four events today:
    Breakfast $500 plate in Downtown SF with approx. 40-60 attending.
    Free march in Downtown SF with approx. 50 to 100 participants.
    Lunch $500 plate Downtown SF approx. 40-60 attending.
    Dinner buffet and drinks Palo Alto, CA $1000 to $2000 plate approx. 35-45 attending.

Lew Rockwell was in attendance at all events.
    The writer of several Ron Paul songs including Hope for America was in attendance of evening event and sang and played on guitar several of his Ron Paul songs for audience.

Ron was great as usual with wonderful speeches. There was at least one local TV coverage, one of which was live, also he did by phone a radio interview after lunch.

That is one hard working man for liberty. It was a great day in SF for Ron Paul, and it went much better than I ever expected, given that Ron had been in the area only about 2-3 months ago, and that we had relatively short notice putting the events together.

Keep pushing people. We are moving towards the next higher level!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

unbelievable... maybe I should for president in 20-30 years.. I'll retire after a month

even if we lowball it at say $50,000 raised today at the events that is still about $150,000. Now take into account that they raised another $100,000 in texas, and then the previous high total (from what I remember) was about $75,000. That right there is over $300,000 in just 3 days. I'm really hoping we're looking at around the $4.5 to 5 million raised this quarter.

Don't forget how much money we raised yesterday in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    unbelievable... maybe I should for president in 20-30 years.. I'll retire after a month

LOL................ you crook!!!

You would stick around till the 1st quarter totals came in then take off to Jamaica the next day.

Note to self - do not donate to any cash to someone named Joseph running for the libertarian party in 20-30 years
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

Quote Originally Posted by UCFGavin View Post
    even if we lowball it at say $50,000 raised today at the events that is still about $150,000. Now take into account that they raised another $100,000 in texas, and then the previous high total (from what I remember) was about $75,000. That right there is over $300,000 in just 3 days. I'm really hoping we're looking at around the $4.5 to 5 million raised this quarter.
    What I cant figure out is what was so special about today that he raised 100k just today online. Is this just becoming the norm, or did it have something to do with a particular event?
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure if you can count all of SF events' money from just yesterday. People may have paid several days in advance for that event. I don't think we are averaging $100,000 per day. If we are to get $4.5 to 5 million this quarter, the pace needs to continue to grow, but it is certainly possible that fundraising will continue to accelerate over time, as that is the trend. Please give all you can till it hurts, and make sure you have tons of bumper stickers and buttons mailed to your local group. Give them out and tell people after you give them you are accepting voluntary donations (to cover your out of pocket expenses). You cannot believe how much money you will get for your expense by asking for donations right after giving stuff out. Occasionally someone will give you a $20 bill for something like a bumper sticker or pin. It more than makes up for the times when people don't give you any donation.

Get out and spread the word, spread bumper stickers, spread buttons, hand out flyers. That's what's needed to keep this accelerating.

Remember, every dollar you spend will come right back when Ron Paul becomes elected. Spend it on something special.
    I'm DjLoTi =) Liveontheisland =) I live on an island =) It's my island =)

Quote Originally Posted by quickmike View Post
    What I cant figure out is what was so special about today that he raised 100k just today online. Is this just becoming the norm, or did it have something to do with a particular event?
    i would really love it to be the norm. although if its broadcasted it probably isn't the norm. however, i would like to think we net about $50,000-70,000 a day

Let's stay positive but not be prone to over-estimation. Pleasant surprises should come Oct. 15 - it's much better for the campaign than unnecessary disappointment.

It might be a new record. I don't think it is the norm yet. But the campaign continues to break records over time. I don't think it's safe to assume they take in $100,000 every day. Check his events calendar - maybe there are some fundraisers scheduled in the near future that people have been paying in advance for.

Someone in campaign said, if we can break the $10 million contribution barrier, we will hit a new level of coverage and credibility with the OM (old/obsolete media).

Quote Originally Posted by trispear View Post
    Let's stay positive but not be prone to over-estimation. Pleasant surprises should come Oct. 15 - it's much better for the campaign than unnecessary disappointment.
    thats why i try to keep estimates low unless its something that is stated by the campaign, which is where i got my numbers in my first post.

But don't assume we will break $10M barrier by the end of this quarter.

The $100,000 quoted from TX was from just one event by the way. We were given a number twice that high for the entire weekend with all things considered.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, good to keep estimates low.
    Also good to keep your donations high and your activism high.

Let's stay positive but not be prone to over-estimation.
    I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by jblosser View Post
    The $100,000 quoted from TX was from just one event by the way. We were given a number twice that high for the entire weekend with all things considered.
    the best thing to do is to only document numbers that are fact. that will make sure we don't get ahead of ourselves like we did last quarter.

Hillary is probably making that much ($100,000) every 8 hours every day.

Yeah but Hillary does not have people standing out in the rain on street corners with signs cheering for her.

Campaign You Tubes TOTAL 4rd Quarter Estimates!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL................ you crook!!!

You would stick around till the 1st quarter totals came in then take off to Jamaica the next day.

Note to self - do not donate to any cash to someone named Joseph running for the libertarian party in 20-30 years
    join me and we can retire together LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    join me and we can retire together LOL
    You'd do better to bid on a government contract in the Bahama's and just get a paycheck for doing nothing. No point in becoming famous for nothing.

Jesse Benton Announces official 3rd Quarter Estimates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Seriously!!!! AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS Ron PAUL!

hey.. how about it being the official campaign song ?? :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast