Thread: Democratic Underground Got Hacked

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Democratic Underground Got Hacked

The Legions of Pepe Did it!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...latest_threads

If you click on 'Enter Discussion', this pops up...........

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Site's offline now. lol.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 11-08-2016 at 04:42 PM.

We were running unusually slow last night, too.

Crap, they had to use Ron Paul picture in their buffoonery. This cannot be good for anything

lolz - their users must be flipping out.

The continuing usurpation of Paul by trump, engineered by TPTB, willingly implemented by Dr. Paul's "supporters."

There is no positive association between Paul and trump in reality. They are political and ideological enemies. This fallacious association, a bowel movement on the Ron Paul legacy, may never be cleaned off.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    We were running unusually slow last night, too.
    You're a DUmper?

Their sister site Discussionist.com is offline as well.

That's funny stuff. Wonder how long they've been waiting to launch that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    You're a DUmper?
    No, I was talking about this site. RPF was running slow last night. It was lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    The continuing usurpation of Paul by trump, engineered by TPTB, willingly implemented by Dr. Paul's "supporters."

There is no positive association between Paul and trump in reality. They are political and ideological enemies. This fallacious association, a bowel movement on the Ron Paul legacy, may never be cleaned off.
    And just the message that came with it is just as disgusting as the association between the two. "Get in Fagg0t"? why not say put some message about Hillary's corruption. I want to believe that this is an inside job to get DU supporter to dislike Ron Paul and the third party movement but seeing how some posters above think its cool to act like a maniac to their opponent, I can actually see a Trump supporter pulling this stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    And just the message that came with it is just as disgusting as the association between the two. "Get in Fagg0t"? why not say put some message about Hillary's corruption. I want to believe that this is an inside job to get DU supporter to dislike Ron Paul and the third party movement but seeing how some posters above think its cool to act like a maniac to their opponent, I can actually see a Trump supporter pulling this stunt.
    Well we know that all is fair, unless it's your candidate's supporters that get hacked. I just laugh at the Trump propaganda spammers here, knowing that in a few hours, they will be spamming how the election was rigged and stolen from them, while they tacitly approve things like this. Just goes to prove that both sides are full of $#@!. I wrote in Ron again and have no doubt that was the correct choice.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Well we know that all is fair, unless it's your candidate's supporters that get hacked. I just laugh at the Trump propaganda spammers here, knowing that in a few hours, they will be spamming how the election was rigged and stolen from them, while they tacitly approve things like this. Just goes to prove that both sides are full of $#@!. I wrote in Ron again and have no doubt that was the correct choice.
    I wonder if anyone after watching that rubbish video said, maybe I shouldn't vote for Hillary, I will now vote for Trump? vs how many people said "Oh god, that is awful. Honey go get the keys, we are going to the polling station now to vote against Trump."

Some people just have zero social awareness and actually cannot realize when they are hurting their cause. Ofc I am saying this assuming this was not an inside job. Good thing is that when they whine about poll rigging, no serious person would entertain their whinning. They are going to lose and only Trump supporters would be oblivious about the reason why.

You dont see comedy in hacking DU on Election Day/night?

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I think he wants to break bread with them. The people in that forum are insane. They make Free Republic look normal.

dupe
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

FNC just had a segment saying they expect cyber attacks after the results in retaliation against the winner. They said if Hillary wins the Russians may take down Goldman Sachs. So at least there is a bright spot tonight if Hillary wins.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see the comedic value especially not in the tasteless message that came with the hack. Also I am annoyed by anyone who tires to associate Trump with Putin or Ron Paul. Sorry but I am not having a laugh.

I don't see the comedic value especially not in the tasteless message that came with the hack. Also I am annoyed by anyone who tires to associate Trump with Putin or Ron Paul. Sorry but I am not having a laugh.
    QFT
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Around 4:30pm on Tuesday November 8, Democratic Underground was hacked, apparently by a supporter of Donald Trump. This person clearly knew what they were doing, and despite our best efforts we have not yet been able to resolve the issues caused by the hack.

We do not believe that any member data has been compromised. And we are confident that donor data has not been compromised because that information is handled by PayPal and never passes through to our servers. But at this time we are unable to bring our discussion forum online.

The hack was clearly aimed to cause maximum disruption on our busiest night of the year, and we deeply regret that we won't be able to spend election night with our great community of members. We ask for your patience while we continue to work to fix this problem, and while we do not have a time frame we will do our best to get DU back online as soon as possible.

If anyone has any information about the hack, or has knowledge that might help us to fix it, please feel free to contact us: admin@democraticunderground.com

We will be posting updates on Facebook and Twitter.

We are deeply disappointed that this has happened. But we'll be back.

Skinner, EarlG, and Elad
    DU Administrators
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Wow, surprised they were not able to get back online on such a big night for their site tonight.

It's an absolutely brilliant one-two combo. Take away their safe space and trigger the hell out of them in one fell swoop.

I really wanted to read DU tonight too. They were so confident.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    It's an absolutely brilliant one-two combo. Take away their safe space and trigger the hell out of them in one fell swoop.
    It's funny alright but it's also the kind of intimidation that shouldn't become the new norm.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    It's funny alright but it's also the kind of intimidation that shouldn't become the new norm.
    I agree.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ruh Roh....

UPDATE 11/9/2016 1:00PM ET

We have now come to believe it is possible that the hacker may have been able to gain access to certain member information on our server, including: Usernames, email addresses, and IP addresses. Passwords were not as easily accessible, and at this point we do not know if it was possible for the hacker to access them...

We are not going to bring our website back online until we believe that we are no longer vulnerable to attack and our members' user information is secure. Unfortunately we do not know how long this process will take, and it could possibly take days...