Thread: CA-Hollywood school getting it's budget cut because of "too many whites"

Exclamation CA-Hollywood school getting it's budget cut because of "too many whites"

NoHo school budget cuts due to high white student percentage sparks outrage

http://abc7.com/education/race-based...-noho/1818792/

By John Gregory

Sunday, March 26, 2017 10:16PM

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) --

Outrage has grown at Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood, as the school faces layoffs and increased class sizes due to a law limiting funds for schools with a higher white student body.

The Los Angeles Unified School District provides more funding for schools where the white population is below 30 percent.

In a letter to parents, the district noted the highly regarded middle school had been above the percentage for the past couple years.

The racial formula was a condition imposed by court decisions dealing with desegregation in the 1970s.

Parents, however, remain frustrated with what the cuts might mean for their children.

"When your class sizes are getting larger and you're taking resources away from students, I mean ss parents, you do want your kid to go out to college," one parent, Rosemary Estrada, said.

In an attempt to lessen the budget cuts, the district changed the school's spending formula to one based on the number of students.

"Thankfully we're going to keep our librarian. We're going to keep our nurse, but we may lose a few teachers, but not as many as we once thought," said Sheila Edmiston, one student's parent.

Several jobs will still be lost and class sizes could grow. For many parents, the race-based reason of "too many white students" has made the cuts more difficult to swallow.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personally , I would never send a kid to public school in North Hollywood or LA . Once CalExit is complete californians will be free to only educate what students they wish .
    Do something Danke

California middle school has too many white students

Federal or state tax dollars?

California middle school losing funding because it has too many white students

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/28...-students.html

Having too many white students will cost a California middle school funding and imperil the jobs of some teachers and others.

Last week the Los Angeles Unified School District informed parents of students at the Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood that because the white population had exceeded 30 percent, it had to make cuts.

Under provisions of a district policy, the school had qualified for additional funding, which enable the hiring of more teachers and having smaller classes, because it had a student body that was 70 percent or higher of Hispanics, blacks, Asians and non-Anglos. However, in the last two years that percentage has fallen beneath the 70 percent level, meaning Walter Reed no longer qualified for those extra funds.

The announcement infuriated parents, who fear that class sizes will increase as the number of teachers and other school personnel decreases.

The parental outcry prompted the district to modify its planned funding cut.

“A school qualifies for PHBAO status if 70 percent or more of its students who live within the school’s attendance boundary are identified as ‘Hispanic, Black, Asian, or non-Anglo,’” the letter from Local District Northeast Superintendent Linda Del Cueto stated.

“Under a court-ordered integration program that has been in place since 1978, PHBAO schools qualify for smaller class sizes and additional positions. When a school no longer qualifies for PHBAO status, fewer positions are funded.”

And so, the district still is going to pursue some cuts, Del Cueto said, just not as many as it would have under the original plan. The superintendent noted that the nurse, librarian and counselor will not be cut.

Critics said it was racist and did more harm than good.

"When your class sizes are getting larger and you're taking resources away from students, I mean as parents, you do want your kid to go out to college," one parent, Rosemary Estrada, was quoted as saying to the local ABC News affiliate.

Another parent, Sheila Edmiston, said: "Thankfully we're going to keep our librarian. We're going to keep our nurse, but we may lose a few teachers, but not as many as we once thought.”

People who posted comments online were pointed about their thoughts about the racial quota system for funding.

AF beat me to one I posted today too. Lol. We're slackin'.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ny-whites-quot

This is "extra money" based on the racial make-up of schools. Ridiculous. That means that some of the highest performing schools that are majority Asian are getting these additional race funds?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Thanks for the merge.........

@Brian4Liberty Thanks for noticing and merging. I was just about to flag.

All the more reason to teach your kids to game the forms; just put Pacific Islander. What are they gonna do, DNA check them?

Also, someone mentioned asians. Im white, my sister is asian (adopted from Korea). She's WAY smarter than me, was raised in a mostly white town in a white home. But her presence in the school would have helped it qualify for more money because she looks different enough. Totally absurd.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    All the more reason to teach your kids to game the forms; just put Pacific Islander. What are they gonna do, DNA check them?
    Would not surprise me.

And what you just advised is actually a federal felony.

USC 1001.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Would not surprise me.

USC 1001.
    As mentioned in another thread, my dna test showed that I have exactly 1 west African gene, so from now on I'm going to put down that I'm African American. DW, has a couple indian genes, so I guess our kids get to check box both black and native American I guess. He should be up for all kinds of scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Would not surprise me.

USC 1001.
    Not at all. See 1001(c). If the SCHOOL knowingly misrepresented their race it seems THAT would be a felony, but I dont think a child or parent filling out their Iowa Test or whatever they have now would qualify. That's when I remember filling out such surveys. Now that I think about it, I also dont think the "race" portion of such a survey would be "material" to the purpose of the exam. Unless the survey was purely to find demographics for funding, it would not be a 'material' falsehood.
    Are they giving kids surveys? The parents? Is it based on census data? This is all important to whether the statute applies. I just know it wouldnt apply to the race information I filled out as a public school child, but that was over 10 years ago.

When I'm at school I'll check the caselaw on this out of curiosity and report back.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    When I'm at school I'll check the caselaw on this out of curiosity and report back.
    Please do, I'm curious myself.

My understanding of how USC 1001 is being applied and prosecuted these days is that any statement, given to any public official or agency of law enforcement, in person or in writing, that can proved to be, in fact, false, regardless of intent, regardless of actual knowledge and regardless of immateriality, is taken as prima facie evidence of a USC 1001 violation.

My reading of subsection (c) leads me to believe this is wholly devoted to matters regarding internal Congressional affairs.

The House Post Office scandal, for instance.

18 U.S. Code § 1001

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—

(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or

(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

(b) Subsection (a) does not apply to a party to a judicial proceeding, or that party’s counsel, for statements, representations, writings or documents submitted by such party or counsel to a judge or magistrate in that proceeding.

(c) With respect to any matter within the jurisdiction of the legislative branch, subsection (a) shall apply only to—

(1) administrative matters, including a claim for payment, a matter related to the procurement of property or services, personnel or employment practices, or support services, or a document required by law, rule, or regulation to be submitted to the Congress or any office or officer within the legislative branch; or

(2) any investigation or review, conducted pursuant to the authority of any committee, subcommittee, commission or office of the Congress, consistent with applicable rules of the House or Senate.