Thread: [Fake News] Freedom Caucus Not Holding the Line, Fall to 18 No's on AHCA

[Fake News] Freedom Caucus Not Holding the Line, Fall to 18 No's on AHCA

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...-holdouts-drop

And in what may be more important news, CNBC's John Harwood reports that "Ryan/Trump have whittled hard no's in House Freedom Caucus down to around 18", with the outstanding question "How many moderates join them?"
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Shocked, I tell ya.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Shocked, I tell ya.
    You are shocked that the media is reporting fake news?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Which means that the moderate no's have a place at the table, next to the freedom caucus no's.

Best case scenario, is an up/down repeal vote of obamacare. The rest will have to be done piecemeal. There is no other option, if they do nothing, the blame democrats feel for obamacare gets spread around a little, if they pass trumpcare, costs will make it just as unpopular...

You are shocked that the media is reporting fake news?
    Or maybe the freedom caucus is realizing how Great this bill is.

It's a pretty great bill. Maybe even the best bill.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

If accurate, they only need three "soft nos" to stop it. Other factor is that changes made to try to lure in more from the Freedom Caucus may turn other current supporters to vote against it. Herding cats it is sometimes called.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-24-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    Which means that the moderate no's have a place at the table, next to the freedom caucus no's.
    If the four others that have stated themselves as solid "no" then it will be close . . . closest in US history?.

- or - all it takes is a handful of GOP "present" votes (not a yes but counts to what number is a majority)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Bill is dead. If it somehow gets through, it's dead in the Senate. Repugs can't find 5 votes from dems in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Bill is dead. If it somehow gets through, it's dead in the Senate. Repugs can't find 5 votes from dems in the Senate.
    President Donald will cut a deal with Cuck Schumer and Mitch has already said he will ram it through.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

CNBC

Bills dead in the house.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I think there should be a notification to the author of the OP when a thread title is changed without permission. Why was my thread changed to "[FAKE NEWS]"?? I sourced it and it was reported plainly.... obviously the numbers were wrong, but did a CNBC reporter not claim those numbers?
    @Bryan @Brian4Liberty mods? anyone?

That really pisses me off.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    I think there should be a notification to the author of the OP when a thread title is changed without permission. Why was my thread changed to "[FAKE NEWS]"?? I sourced it and it was reported plainly.... obviously the numbers were wrong, but did a CNBC reporter not claim those numbers?

I'm with you. Actually the reports I saw showed several members of the Freedom Caucus by name were supporting the bill. There were several moderates against the bill. The idea that all the FC stood strong has no evidence from what I've seen. It was a perfect storm that killed it.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

Normally something is changed to add a "[disputed]". Titles are sometimes changed but when they are there is generally a [ ] markup added so everyone knows. This policy has worked well given the current tech we have in place. Your issue has otherwise been noted for future consideration. Thanks.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Normally something is changed to add a "[disputed]". Titles are sometimes changed but when they are there is generally a [ ] markup added so everyone knows. This policy has worked well given the current tech we have in place. Your issue has otherwise been noted for future consideration. Thanks.
    Gee, OP wants to defend regurgitating obvious fake news getting designated as [Fake News] (?)

GOP Revolt Sinks Bid to Void Health Law

I respectfully submit that any obvious fake news gets moved to some obscure corner like Hot Topics so no one sees the bullchit.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.