Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES LOUNGE: Frugal finds, decorating, fun fashion, beauty and thrifting hauls.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Update on the hair stuff? Mine's been thinning for a while.
    Still growing like crazy and I've noticed a lot less hair in my brush. I clean it everyday just to be sure. I'm thinking about getting a short cut for summer so my new hair blends in nicer.

This is the cut I'm considering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Still growing like crazy and I've noticed a lot less hair in my brush. I clean it everyday just to be sure. I'm thinking about getting a short cut for summer so my new hair blends in nicer.

NOOOOOEZ!! Just pull it back in a ponytail. Big Bopper would approve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6pm.com ~~ crocs ~~ as low as 14.99
    go gettum~!
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I've been getting some cute stuff on ebay here lately. I don't recommend drinking Franzia and ebaying though. I did one night and ended up with a very cute pair of shoes that were two different sizes. I should've read the fine print.O_o
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

cute

This is my new bird house. This picture looks gigantic. The roof garden is an actual tiny garden of living plants. They go on display tomorrow. According to the latest company newsletter they will be posted on FB for a vote. If that happens I will let you know.

Last edited by euphemia; 04-17-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Oh wow, that's so cute. I'm not crafty at all.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is my new bird house. This picture looks gigantic. The roof garden is an actual tiny garden of living plants. They go on display tomorrow. According to the latest company newsletter they will be posted on FB for a vote. If that happens I will let you know.

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to work on. The contest entries have finally been posted on social media. facebook/gaylordoprylandresort
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun to work on. The contest entries have finally been posted on social media. facebook/gaylordoprylandresort
    It looks like you're in 3rd place right now - gave ya a like, btw.

This looks like something I would do. Actually, it's better. I'd just stick a pencil under the hole on a Franzia box.

Thanks for the like.

A couple of days ago my husband came home to say he bought a box of wine. I asked if it was Franzia. Indeed it is. Franzia Moscato. It's very good.
    #NashvilleStrong

Thanks for the like.

A couple of days ago my husband came home to say he bought a box of wine. I asked if it was Franzia. Indeed it is. Franzia Moscato. It's very good.
    Suprisingly, I never tried that flavor. I normally get Chillable Red and/or Sunset Blush in the summer and Cabernet or Merlot in the winter. I tried the White Zinfandel once and it wasn't very good.

You seem to like red wines. I like sweet, white ones. Muscato is the perfect wine for me. Franzia seems more fortified than Barefoot, but it is plenty good.
    #NashvilleStrong

Very cute!

Thanks! This is the direct link for voting:

https://www.facebook.com/gaylordopry...type=3&theater
    #NashvilleStrong

Thanks! This is the direct link for voting:

https://www.facebook.com/gaylordopry...type=3&theater

For some reason can't access from my ipad..will try again later on my laptop.

This is the first year they have had social media voting. We didn't know until after the votes were tabulated. This year I can see how it's going. Makes me a little nervous.
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can y'all go check out my new affiliate site I made. It's still a work in progress and I don't have much on there yet. The mobile view is meh but would like your input. Posted here because I doubt many guys care.

www.southwestdecorstore.com

This is the first year they have had social media voting. We didn't know until after the votes were tabulated. This year I can see how it's going. Makes me a little nervous.
    Got it, liked and shared

That's great, Carlybee. I like the streamlined look of it.
    #NashvilleStrong

That's great, Carlybee. I like the streamlined look of it.
    Thank you..i was trying to keep it as close to a one pager as i could but i may have to add pages later.

Of course you will, but I like the white space. It feels uncluttered. The Southwest is not like New York City where everything is loud and going all the time. There is a beauty and serenity to the southwest, and I think your page captures it very well.
    #NashvilleStrong

I have a cherry Queen Anne table that my kids used to build legos on. It was in our "formal" dining room that we never used. Anyway, I moved to the back porch - it's a four seasons room and I love it there. It's the perfect size and shape for that space. I have office chairs around it, lol. I love rolling chairs on tile floors and dinette chairs are too expensive for a space where people come in dirty and wet all the time. Anyway, the table is dinged up from kids playing on it and it really looks too formal for the room so I'm trying to think of something to do to it. I thought about stripping and refinishing it but Mr Animal said he'd rather buy another table than do that - I really like the shape of this one and it just seems wasteful to do that. I've been looking around pinterest and came across a table covered in pennies and thought that might be neat. has anyone tried that? Think it would look good in a casual room? Here's what I'm thinking about. The instructions say to cover it in resin. Is resin hard to deal with? And how will that kind of finish hold up in an area that gets damp - I'm bad about leaving the windows open out there.

Here's an example of a penny table top but I'm thinking of using dark pennies to make a chess board in the middle (we keep the leaf in the table). I plan on painting the legs black, btw.

the chairs

A penny table sounds like a very good idea. It will make your table heavier, if that's any kind of consideration.

I've never worked with resin, but I think you could talk to an artisan or someone who works at a craft or home improvement store. Even if I think I have a grasp on technique, I usually talk to a professional and then try a small project first to see if it works.
    #NashvilleStrong

A penny table sounds like a very good idea. It will make your table heavier, if that's any kind of consideration.

I've never worked with resin, but I think you could talk to an artisan or someone who works at a craft or home improvement store. Even if I think I have a grasp on technique, I usually talk to a professional and then try a small project first to see if it works.
    Nah, it's on a tiled slab and heavier would actually be better because the table gets bumped into a lot.

That's a good idea. I'll ask around at Ace Hardware, the guys there seem to be better informed than the guys at Lowes or Home Depot.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @tod evans Have you ever worked with resin? Is it easy? Any tips for success?

I just read a couple of articles. It sounds like a very big project to do a table. Maybe start small with some jewelry or something to see if it's a medium that works for you.
    #NashvilleStrong

@tod evans Have you ever worked with resin? Is it easy? Any tips for success?
    Yes I have.

It's not that difficult but..........Preparation is really important, you'll need a heat gun or torch to chase bubbles and a completely dust free environment...

Think long and hard about the edges......

We had friends - lets go with 40 years ago when I was growing up that did the penny top to their basement bar.. it was fantastic. I think the product they used was some sort of polyurethane.. but I could be wrong.
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    We had friends - lets go with 40 years ago when I was growing up that did the penny top to their basement bar.. it was fantastic. I think the product they used was some sort of polyurethane.. but I could be wrong.
    Poly will not work.

Too thick a film with poly and it'll crack like an old woman's face in the desert....

*bows to experience*

just can't trust a 12 year old's memory - when she's in her 50s

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast