Thread: Utah Governor Signs Bill Making Abortion on Babies with Down Syndrome Illegal

Utah Governor Signs Bill Making Abortion on Babies with Down Syndrome Illegal

The pro-life crowd in Utah gained a major win this week as their Governor signed a life-saving bill.
    “HB 166, also known as the Down Syndrome Nondiscrimination Abortion Act, would prohibit women from getting abortions after a pregnancy screen indicates that their unborn child has Down syndrome. The bill includes provisions that specify what Down syndrome is, and require the state Department of Health to create an informational sheet and webpage to inform parents about the disability,” according to Life News.
    Governor Gary Herbert signed the bill into law on Friday after the bill passed by a 20-6 vote in the state Senate on Thursday. The Senate President Stuart Adams said, “The blessing of life and the blessing of Down syndrome kids and their simple way of life and the way they look at things, that’s a hard question to answer, and hopefully you just see the value of it,” when asked why the bill is good, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.
    The sponsor of H.B. 166, Rep. Karianne Lisonbee told represenatives, “social engineering is alive and well in Utah’s abortion clinics and doctor’s offices today as we see the eradication of babies with Down syndrome.” The new law contains a “trigger” provision, meaning that the courts must rule on its constitutionality before being put into practice.

Another pro-life bill is set to be vote on in the Utah legislature coming up soon. H.B. 136, would make abortions after 18 weeks illegal. Sponsored by Rep. Cheryl Acton, the bill expected to face an uphill battle.
    This is a huge victory for the pro-lifers in the Utah!

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/victor...drome-illegal/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

WITF is the difference ?

Murder is Murder last time I checked.

Retards or Healthy , what am I missing here, is there already a law against
    abortion there , abortion for healthy babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    WITF is the difference ?

Murder is Murder last time I checked.

Retards or Healthy , what am I missing here, is there already a law against
    abortion there , abortion for healthy babies?
    Thanks to Roe v. Wade they can't just outlaw all abortions so they try to come up with angles to outlaw as many different kinds as possible, outlawing abortions for this reason is one of the latest ways they have thought of.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Thanks to Roe v. Wade they can't just outlaw all abortions so they try to come up with angles to outlaw as many different kinds as possible, outlawing abortions for this reason is one of the latest ways they have thought of.
    I can only think of to legit reasons to abort;

1. Danger to the mother's life, too rare to mention.
    2. Impregnated by Alien Lizards under Hillary Clinton's Regional Control (also very rare).

Should have gone all the way and make abortion of kids with down syndrome illegal period. We gotta protect the minorities, you see!!!!
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

When a test is developed to detect gay or transgender babies before 18 weeks, will everyone switch sides? Or will there all of sudden be a majority who wants to outlaw abortion?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    When a test is developed to detect gay or transgender babies before 18 weeks, will everyone switch sides? Or will there all of sudden be a majority who wants to outlaw abortion?
    I don't believe there are and genes that make you a qweer or a tranny but even if there were I don't think that any conservatives would support murdering such children and the left would rely on our morality and not support outlawing abortion.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    What about babies that don't have DS... okay to abort (baby murder) those in Utah assuming life starts at conception?

Romney is from Utah and he's very pro life too as a mormon.
    They would gladly ban ALL abortions in Utah if it weren't for Roe v. Wade.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They would gladly ban ALL abortions in Utah if it weren't for Roe v. Wade.
    New Trump SCOTUS picks , Brett Kavanaugh and other CFR member whose names escapaes me right now, are very solid conservatives and should help fix that. Trump despite being a NY Republican gets big credit for picking such pro-life judges.

New Trump SCOTUS picks , Brett Kavanaugh and other CFR member whose names escapaes me right now, are very solid conservatives and should help fix that. Trump despite being a NY Republican gets big credit for picking such pro-life judges.
    Hopefully you are right but I don't trust Roberts, if we are luck Trump will get to replace Darth Bader and and maybe BRAYer soon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Does that mean you trust Trump, Brett K and other CFR member he picked as SCOTUS judge?
    More than Roberts, their records are better than Roberts'.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment