Thread: How to run for office

How to run for office

A lot of people around here have talked about needing to have more liberty candidates at the local and state level. I think it would be a great idea to make a thread of information of the do's and don'ts of running. I'm 2014 I ran for local office and learned quite a bit about local politics and made my share of mistakes and mistakes from other candidates.

Here's to name a few
    - start knocking on doors way before the election it is never to early to start campaigning.
    - remember your running for local office not national. I have seen way to many candidates when asked about their platform start talking national politics as if they are running for president.
    - use the term folks instead of guys when talking to a group of people.
    - McDonald's restaurants are a great way to meet voters.
    - report that you are running to the local news I have been on TV, the radio, and in the newspaper by just giving them a call.

If you have any more please feel free to share there may be someone reading this who may consider running this year.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

FWIW, Ive had my own telemarketing & fundraising company for over 20 years and Id be willing to help any liberty candidates with some sort of GTVO type calls. It would cost money but one can reach alot of people and IMO its always better to have a real human being on the phone than those recordings.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-22-2018 at 03:32 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post

If you have any more please feel free to share there may be someone reading this who may consider running this year.

Hire teh Collinz.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Jan2017

Check your state requirements, how many signatures to get on a primary ballot -

for less than a 1000 signatures (in some places) certified by a local deadline,
    you could run in a primary for the US House of Representatives in your Congressional District

Always sound positive about the race even if you are exhausted

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    FWIW, Ive had my own telemarketing & fundraising company for over 20 years and Id be willing to help any liberty candidates with some sort of GTVO type calls. It would cost money but one can reach alot of people and IMO its always better to have a real human being on the phone than those recordings.
    I would like to learn more about this. What is the name of your company and how can I get ahold of you?

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Mikezelot View Post
    I would like to learn more about this. What is the name of your company and how can I get ahold of you?
    IDK whats up with this site.. I tried to send you a pm but the system doesnt seem to allow that for you.. you can reach me at mmitrosky@gmail.com .. contact me and we can exchange numbers and discuss anytime.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    IDK whats up with this site.. I tried to send you a pm but the system doesnt seem to allow that for you.. you can reach me at mmitrosky@gmail.com .. contact me and we can exchange numbers and discuss anytime.
    Not sure but I sent you an email.

I'm considering running for the state legislature. I live in Kansas where we just passed the largest tax increase in state history. My Republican legislator has voted for tax increases, spending increases, expanding Obamacare, expanding gun free zones, keeping Common Core, etc. He's essentially a liberal Democrat masquerading as a Republican. I've known him my entire life as well. We even attend the same church. He's a nice guy, but politically I couldn't disagree with him more. In the coming months I might ask people whether they would be willing to support me in my campaign if I choose to run. I know in the past I've been considered one of the more "moderate" members of this forum, and I've had my fair share of disagreements with people here. So I'm not sure how much support I would get. But I might bring it up in the coming months and see whether I could get people here to support me or not. My state legislator has raised a ton of money from the teacher's unions and would be tough to beat, so I would have to raise a bunch of money to be competitive with him.

Shem Kellogg ran for office in 2014 partly to show everyone here best practices on running running for the state legislature (at least in New Hampshire). He also wanted to do it to endorse Rand Paul as a legislator and show that nearly anyone can move to the freest state and get elected. He accomplished all three goals. There is a forum here dedicated to his successful campaign. Anyone considering running for state legislature should read it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...-Kellogg-Forum
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.