Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Impeachment Trial

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ah, ok. I'm seeing now. Chief Roberts isn't presiding because Trump is NOT the president. Therefore, ipso-facto automagically, he is not included in the precedings against a civilian.
    Ahhh, now it makes sense..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Using the Democrat's strategy the insurrectionists should be held harmless because they thought they were acting for the president and didn't think they were doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Using the Democrat's strategy the insurrectionists should be held harmless because they thought they were acting for the president and didn't think they were doing wrong.
    That is an accepted legal argument, which some of them are actually using as their defense. I'm pretty sure this has been reported on in MSM.

So I think that the Democrats are aware that the case they are trying to make against Trump, to the extent that they argue it convincingly, will aid in the defense of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That is an accepted legal argument, which some of them are actually using as their defense. I'm pretty sure this has been reported on in MSM.

So I think that the Democrats are aware that the case they are trying to make against Trump, to the extent that they argue it convincingly, will aid in the defense of those people.
    I believe they are making a sound case for those people regardless if Trump is found guilty or not. From what I am hearing the Democrats are putting forth a compelling argument for Trumps acquittal.

I believe they are making a sound case for those people regardless if Trump is found guilty or not. From what I am hearing the Democrats are putting forth a compelling argument for Trumps acquittal.
    It can't be both. If they are making a compelling argument for Trump's acquittal, then it undermines the use of that defense on the part of the rioters, it doesn't help them.

My take on Stop the Steal Rally. I actually thought about going with my wife. My interpretation was to go and show support for Trump and the fraudulent election. In my mind I would equate the massive crowd for Trump as in days of old when authorities would look out from the castle seeing the entire Citizenship outside in protest. Seeing all those people could make Senators think my god there are a lot of people that think this elections was fraudulent. Maybe we should look into this. I heard many times the only real date was Jan 20. I think it reasonable that Pence could have said, "I think there are issues with this election. I do not feel comfortable with rubber stamping this process. According to my interpretation of the Constitution, the only date necessary is Jan 20. I encourage all of us to go home and speak with your state legislators and make sure we are confident with our election results."

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    It can't be both. If they are making a compelling argument for Trump's acquittal, then it undermines the use of that defense on the part of the rioters, it doesn't help them.
    Sure it does. The defense for those people can say look it is obvious even Senators think they were told to do this. Just because those few people that broke into the Capital were disillusioned doesn't mean that Trump was not simply exhausting every possible approach to right the ship.
    Last edited by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged; 02-11-2021 at 12:28 PM.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “A partisan farce...”

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

They are focusing now on the trauma felt by members of Congress and staff. Yet years of cities ravaged and traumatized by BLM and Antifa was discounted and swept under the rug by these same members of Congress.

Sure it does. The defense for those people can say look it is obvious even Senators think they were told to do this.
    Again, that depends on how convincing those Senators (who are making those claims in a tendentious setting) are in saying that.

If they are convincing, then they help the defense of those people.

If they make fools of themselves trying to claim something that ends up looking absurd (i.e. "making a compelling case for Trump's acquittal"), then their failure will work against the use of that defense by rioters.

Of course, it will still remain possible in each individual trial for the defendant's lawyers to make a better case on their client's behalf than the senators trying to impeach Trump did. But they won't want to mention those senators unless doing so actually helps their case.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 02-11-2021 at 01:31 PM.

The defense for those people can say look it is obvious even Senators think they were told to do this.
    "I was just following orders" didn't work at Nuremberg, and it shouldn't work for the goons who stormed the Capitol.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Congress should throw out their time limits. They often recognize someone for 5 minutes. If they like the person they let them talk longer if they don't they tell them time is up. They have not once came back from recess on time. They do not know what 10 or 15 minutes is. Who are they to limit time when they cannot follow it as a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    "I was just following orders" didn't work at Nuremberg, and it shouldn't work for the goons who stormed the Capitol.
    I agree but having all those people say they were doing so adds credibility as to why they were doing it. They were patriots doing it for their country because the president asked them to. If I was one cop and there were thousands of people outside with an agenda, I would not fire a weapon upon one person. I think Trump offered National Guard to DC and they said no. People more than a few rows back wouldn't even know what was going on. The huge mass of people were not there to do harm or damage.

Watching CSPAN now and only little over 22,690 viewers at this moment. I bet that viewership will increase dramatically when Democrats are over and Team Trump begins.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Watching CSPAN now and only little over 22,690 viewers at this moment. I bet that viewership will increase dramatically when Democrats are over and Team Trump begins.
    I haven't been watching, but I hope it's not over, yet. I'd like to see the Dem side go for a least another month or so. And then, let the Trump team carry it until next year.

Keep the Senate tied up as long as possible!! It's like free time for donor emails!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I haven't been watching, but I hope it's not over, yet. I'd like to see the Dem side go for a least another month or so. And then, let the Trump team carry it until next year.

Keep the Senate tied up as long as possible!! It's like free time for donor emails!
    I think it is 16 hours each side and then they decide what happens next.

I think it is 16 hours each side and then they decide what happens next.

I feel cheated! Keep this thing going!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

If word came to the Senate right now that Trump just died, would they stop the impeachment?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ah, ok. I'm seeing now. Chief Roberts isn't presiding because Trump is NOT the president. Therefore, ipso-facto automagically, he is not included in the precedings against a civilian.
    The honor went to nice Senator Leahy because of who he is inside the Senate seniority system!!!!

If word came to the Senate right now that Trump just died, would they stop the impeachment?
    No.... they'd continue on, in order to see if he can be vindicated a second time by the GOP Senators or whether he
    should have been totally removed from power had there been a speedy & fast trial prior to the 20th of January that
    could have been fair and almost thorough enough to fit into the time window. His passing would not render all moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    No.... they'd continue on, in order to see if he can be vindicated a second time by the GOP Senators or whether he
    should have been totally removed from power had there been a speedy & fast trial prior to the 20th of January that
    could have been fair and almost thorough enough to fit into the time window. His passing would not render all moot.
    Maybe they can impeach him from eternal life and strip him of his ability to attend religious services.

Maybe they can impeach him from eternal life and strip him of his ability to attend religious services.
    i actually don't think that they can influence whether he goes to heaven, hell....or purgatory.
    he might be hit by something that sends him into a political purgatory in our here and now...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is just the start...Marxist AGs across the country are salivating at the prospect of bring state charges against him.

They won't rest until he's dead or in jail as a political prisoner.

And a large segment of AmeriKunts agree and want the same thing.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is just the start...Marxist AGs across the country are salivating at the prospect of bring state charges against him.

When all else fails, GITMO his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I do not think anything is going to happen on that front. But if things do go down it will be not for reasons you think they are happening. Some sort of payback for non-public fighting within the club.

I think the average people don't care, are fed up hearing about him or have forgotten about him already. They will lose interest and move on to the next thing to be angry about.

Besides who cares. They are all on the same team. There is infighting within the team. Why should we care if this is simply them eating their own. That is if they are really actually eating their own and this is all just continuing a narrative for the masses. With Trump impeached they are impeaching the perception that people have of the values they think he represented.

They are looking at short term and long term benefits of this narrative so they can continue conditioning peoples belief system in the same methodical gradual approach like they have for the last 120 years.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-21-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Possible Outcome: Collapse of BOTH political parties, and fully replaced by the "Communists" who "are here to save us"?

We know this thing is a Kangaroo Court. Trump couldnt even find decent lawyers. Maybe he should have hired Michael Badnarik? Anyone remember him?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Possible Outcome: Collapse of BOTH political parties, and fully replaced by the "Communists" who "are here to save us"?

We know this thing is a Kangaroo Court. Trump couldnt even find decent lawyers. Maybe he should have hired Michael Badnarik? Anyone remember him?
    Maybe that is where they are headed and will use the Trump party to neutralize the Republican party. I could care less about the Republican party getting destroyed but think the Trump party will end up being like the Democrat party without the Democrats. It will be for all the same things but with different familiar faces that folks on the right are accustomed to. Social engineering at it's finest.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-11-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast