Thread: DOJ creates 6 Jan "registry" - your name goes on it even if found not guilty

DOJ creates 6 Jan "registry" - your name goes on it even if found not guilty

From another thread.

This is insufferable.

These are Intolerable Acts times ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    What AF said.

And also, because none of those vicious little thugs were any danger to the State.

The State has much more dangerous (to them) criminals to concern itself with:
    @Occam's Banana

Whoa, holy $#@!.

Do you want to make a thread of this or do you want me to?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1616835746089865216

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-23-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This will probably be expanded upon and people who think J6 wasn't an insurrection will be placed on this registry as well.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This will probably be expanded upon and people who think J6 wasn't an insurrection will be placed on this registry as well.
    Reported
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Capitol Breach Cases (i.e., the "J6 registry"): https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Capitol Breach Cases (i.e., the "J6 registry"): https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases
    The Marxist mob that was in Atlanta over the weekend will get the same treatment, I'm sure.

I noticed a missing name from the list. Trump, Donald J Palm Beach Florida. He's on the golf course and these people's lives are ruined. Think they will listen to him again?

Sounds similar to how people are treated when accused of a crime. Even if non convicted, a record will follow you and your prints remain on file somewhere in the FBI. Outrage over this should also be directed towards this practice.

Same with the complete lack of due process when it comes to protective services. No guaranteed day in court there.

Basically, this registry is just part of a long-standing tradition. The entire system needs overhauled and reworked, but instead there will be a little outrage at the beginning before people decide that this is just the way it is.

The sex offender registry alone is an abomination as well. J6 is turned into a witch hunt.
    No - No - No - No

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I noticed a missing name from the list. Trump, Donald J Palm Beach Florida. He's on the golf course and these people's lives are ruined. Think they will listen to him again?
    Why do you keep trying to gas light us?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Why do you keep trying to gas light us?
    How is that a gaslight move? His name isn't on the list. He probably is on the golf course.

Gaslighting removes a person from reality. Pointing out facts doesn't exactly fit the description.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-24-2023 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    How is that a gaslight move? His name isn't on the list. He probably is on the golf course.

Gaslighting removes a person from reality. Pointing out facts doesn't exactly fit the description.
    Oh look, another pro gaslighter.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Oh look, another pro gaslighter.
    You love redefining words as much as any Californian I ever encountered.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    Sounds similar to how people are treated when accused of a crime. Even if non convicted, a record will follow you and your prints remain on file somewhere in the FBI. Outrage over this should also be directed towards this practice.

Same with the complete lack of due process when it comes to protective services. No guaranteed day in court there.
    Excellent point. The basic education here includes:

- Innocent until proven guilty
    - Personal information should be owned by the individual
    - Definition of expunge
    - Vulnerabilities of centralization
    - Characteristics and behavior of a society and its enforcement units while in a decline toward authoritarianism

Admittedly, this alone does not necessarily invalidate *all* organized attempts to prevent crime.

You love redefining words as much as any Californian I ever encountered.
    You are gaslighting us by presenting the mainstream media narrative about Trump's involvement in Jan 6. Trump said to go peacefully to the Capitol and make your voices heard. He later told them to be peaceful and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

You are gaslighting us by presenting the mainstream media narrative about Trump's involvement in Jan 6. Trump said to go peacefully to the Capitol and make your voices heard. He later told them to be peaceful and go home.
    Where? How? What did I say that implies anything of the sort?

It cracks me up when you get ahold of a new buzzword, bandy it about before you know what it means, then dig in trying to justify yourself. At this point, you're gaslighting yourself in the process.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-24-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Where? How? What did I say that implies anything of the sort?
    Maybe you missed the thread yesterday where they said the protesters shouldn't have listened to Trump. They are espousing the MSM narrative on Jan 6, which is gaslighting.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe you missed the thread yesterday where they said the protesters shouldn't have listened to Trump. They are espousing the MSM narrative on Jan 6, which is gaslighting.
    So by saying Trump isn't on the list and probably played golf recently, I'm reinforcing a thread I "maybe... missed"?

I never realized I was that slick.

Keep reaching. Keep trying to gaslight people into thinking I'm gaslighting people. We need the entertainment.

DOJ creates 6 Jan "registry" - your name goes on it even if found not guilty
    And note that those who were never even tried (because the charges were dropped) are also included.

(Because "justice" ... or "the rule of law" ... or ... or something ...)

And note that those who were never even tried (because the charges were dropped) are also included.

But of course...LOL...we all know our questions and commentary is purely rhetorical.

Of course they are getting the book thrown at them.

These folks committed the very worst offense possible: they made our ruling class look like a bunch of buffoons.

To this day I still chuckle over the pictures of our oppressors diving for cover and pissing themselves because a bunch of grandparents sacked some velvet rope lines.

And we all know, from years of watching cops beat people down for "contempt of cop" how serious an offense to the empire that is.

Our oppressors will turn a blind eye towards and excuse almost every manner of vice, crime and felonies, no matter how vile and heinous, except for "Contempt of Them".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    From another thread.

This is insufferable.
    And yet here we are, suffering.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

One would think that this sort of thing would expose the fedgov to suits for libel, etc. But no, it doesn't.

Our "government" makes the devil look like a boy scout.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

How is this not the modern day equivalent of forcing certain people to wear yellow stars on their person? What, I wonder, comes next? (He muses rhetorically)
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jbnevin View Post
    Excellent point. The basic education here includes:

- Innocent until proven guilty
    - Personal information should be owned by the individual
    - Definition of expunge
    - Vulnerabilities of centralization
    - Characteristics and behavior of a society and its enforcement units while in a decline toward authoritarianism

Admittedly, this alone does not necessarily invalidate *all* organized attempts to prevent crime.
    I would also argue that at some point, privacy should become an actual right. The Founders didn't think to consider it because of the lack of widespread surveillance tech and the ability for anybody to learn anything about anyone (including foreign governments) with a simple search on the Internet or by crawling through an international database.

The inclusion of a name on a registry should always be temporary if it's absolutely certain that the inclusion of the name for a period of time will keep someone from harming others, and the inclusion of a name on a registry should always come after a trial, not on the word of an investigator. This goes for Jan. 6 and all others.

As for criminal records go, all data pertaining to persons not convicted of a crime (or entering a guilty plea) should be destroyed. This includes fingerprints, mug shots, and all other records of the case. For persons found guilty, records should only reach for five years after a sentence is served, as research shows that someone who hasn't reoffended in that time is no more likely to commit a crime than any other person and a record needlessly holds them back.

Rand Paul introduced a bill for automatic expungement of non-violent felonies after 5 years, but expungement doesn't go nearly far enough in today's society. There are always nooks and crannies where your data lives, and even an expunged record doesn't remove your prints (can't remember if this extends to other biological data) from the FBI's databases. Finally, it was decided that the FBI can only hold fingerprints for something like 100 years or until 7 years after a person's death, which means that no one, barring some miracle of science in the field of longevity, will live long enough to see themselves liberated from the government's thumb.

The Jan 6 registry debacle really took me down a rabbit hole of research, and the fact that Americans find this behavior to be 'normal' or only something to be tweaked and not outright abolished is astonishing to me. What happened to us in this country? Is the methhead down the street so dangerous that the government needs to not only harbor his biological data but share it with multiple other countries (he might try and take a vacation one day) to make sure the citizens of this country and all others are safe from him? This is insanity at the highest level.

Wait, no, it seems to be getting worse. This is why we've got academics so married to the idea of immutable gender roles that if you don't conform, it's clearly because you were born in the wrong body.

Maybe the Mayans were right. The world didn't end in 2016 with a bang; it's just on a slow decline into extinction...

We need a movement. Ron Paul suggested peaceful protests and civil disobedience as the best means of change first.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    I would also argue that at some point, privacy should become an actual right. The Founders didn't think to consider it because of the lack of widespread surveillance tech and the ability for anybody to learn anything about anyone (including foreign governments) with a simple search on the Internet or by crawling through an international database.
    4th amendment could be strictly interpreted to cover a lot that isn't effectively covered they way things are done now. IBOR Internet bill of rights is on the horizon. Section 230, FCC, SEC, DHS, IRS, RealID, Internet ID, authentication, crypto and crypto privacy... all key to the reorganization we need to preserve any semblance of privacy. I'm not comfortable with the fact that the toothpaste is out of the tube on living life around ubiquitous surveillance, but we can focus on the degree to which it encourages good behavior and innovate some way to preserve privacy where it matters, in our data, our identities, our homes, on our devices, for our kids -- and we can take a more assertive approach toward being forced into an active citizenship role by busybody politicians in DC.

The inclusion of a name on a registry should always be temporary if it's absolutely certain that the inclusion of the name for a period of time will keep someone from harming others, and the inclusion of a name on a registry should always come after a trial, not on the word of an investigator. This goes for Jan. 6 and all others.

As for criminal records go, all data pertaining to persons not convicted of a crime (or entering a guilty plea) should be destroyed. This includes fingerprints, mug shots, and all other records of the case. For persons found guilty, records should only reach for five years after a sentence is served, as research shows that someone who hasn't reoffended in that time is no more likely to commit a crime than any other person and a record needlessly holds them back.
    I like the idea of restricting the length of time data can be held for non-officeholders, where data is allowed to be collected already, and restricting collection maximally.

Rand Paul introduced a bill for automatic expungement of non-violent felonies after 5 years, but expungement doesn't go nearly far enough in today's society. There are always nooks and crannies where your data lives, and even an expunged record doesn't remove your prints (can't remember if this extends to other biological data) from the FBI's databases. Finally, it was decided that the FBI can only hold fingerprints for something like 100 years or until 7 years after a person's death, which means that no one, barring some miracle of science in the field of longevity, will live long enough to see themselves liberated from the government's thumb.

We need a movement. Ron Paul suggested peaceful protests and civil disobedience as the best means of change first.
    More good ideas.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.