Thread: Do You Remember How The Media Treated Ron Paul

Do You Remember How The Media Treated Ron Paul

Example of media bias once again, there is one part from the 2012 election and a Ron Paul supporter.

As an 07er I see the same dirty tricks being played against Trump that were played against Ron Paul.

And every RPF member should consider that.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    As an 07er I see the same dirty tricks being played against Trump that were played against Ron Paul.

No. Just NO.

And quit posting threads like this. The media's treatment of Ron Paul is completely opposite from their treatment of Trump. Paul got almost no attention - Trump gets blanket coverage. For the media, airtime and copy space = money! Look where they are putting their money!!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

How could anyone on this forum ever forget how they treated Paul?

The only difference this year is they're even more obvious how dedicated they are to elevating Killary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

The video makes a good point.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 10-21-2016 at 08:24 AM.

What reality do you live in?

The treatment of Trump by the media is NOTHING like the treatement of Ron Paul by the media.

Ron Paul would be preparing to leave office right now if he had been treated the same, with a billion dollars of free media coverage.

Trump opened up a greater awareness of rigged elections and malfeasant media. In fact, he has opened up dialogue in a number of critical areas on a much larger scale.

There is fruit to be picked here. I just don't trust people with picking it and processing it for nourishment to the cause. Pride and arrogance will likely fragment any value into nothing harvestable. So it's unfortunate that I must remain content to watch it rot on the vine.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 10-21-2016 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Trump opened up a greater awareness of rigged elections and malfeasant media. In fact, he has opened up dialogue in a number of critical areas on a much larger scale.

There is fruit to be picked here. I just don't trust people with picking it and processing it for nourishment to the cause. Pride and arrogance will likely fragment any value into nothing harvestable. So it's unfortunate that I must remain content to watch it rot on the vine.
    My perspective is that the fruit was always there, but Trump is picking it and throwing it all into his "deplorable basket". So that anyone who mentions that fruit in the future will be dismissed outright. We will see the damage that Trump was wrought, but it may take time for the degree of that damage to manifest itself.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No. Just NO.

And quit posting threads like this. The media's treatment of Ron Paul is completely opposite from their treatment of Trump. Paul got almost no attention - Trump gets blanket coverage. For the media, airtime and copy space = money! Look where they are putting their money!!

First of all, the day RPF doesn't allow postings about clips from the 08 or 12 elections, is the day I am out.
    As the site will have lost it's core roots. So take your advise and stick it.

You would have to have massive cognitive dissonance and never followed the 08 and 12 election to not see how the media is manipulating the narrative,
    OR be a Clinton operative, we know she hired an army of those and they are P.P.P.

At this point I don't see how anybody on RPF can't be in one camp or the other for this point alone, and it is singular, Is the media favoring Clinton?
    Trump has his own weakness agreed. But cutting feeds and laughing when something bad is being said about Clinton is so pathetically obvious.

It makes me mad because Ron Paul did get media attention and it was for the so called racist Newsletters to smear a good man.
    The dirty tricks the MSM is pulling is a rerun of 08 and 12. And they kept saying over an over no chance, no chance; here is a novel idea how about we let the voters decide who has a chance.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First of all, the day RPF doesn't allow postings about clips from the 08 or 12 elections, is the day I am out.

You would have to have massive cognitive dissonance and never followed the 08 and 12 election to not see how the media is manipulating the narrative,
    OR be a Clinton operative, we know she hired an army of those and they are P.P.P.

At this point I don't see how anybody on RPF can't be in one camp or the other for this point alone, and it is singular, Is the media favoring Clinton?
    Trump has his own weakness agreed. But cutting feeds and laughing when something bad is being said about Clinton is so pathetically obvious.

It makes me mad because Ron Paul did get media attention and it was for the so called racist Newsletters to smear a good man.
    The dirty tricks the MSM is pulling is a rerun of 08 and 12. And they kept saying over an over no chance, no chance; here is a novel idea how about we let the voters decide who has a chance.
    Stop gas lightning, Trump is Clinton's bff

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Stop gas lightning, Trump is Clinton's bff
    Have you seen what's on RPF front page right now?

Gas lighting....ppfffftt.... yeah right, you weren't even here in 08, I was, and I remember.

*** SIGH ***

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    What reality do you live in?

The treatment of Trump by the media is NOTHING like the treatement of Ron Paul by the media.

Ron Paul would be preparing to leave office right now if he had been treated the same, with a billion dollars of free media coverage.
    This^.

Example of media bias once again, there is one part from the 2012 election and a Ron Paul supporter.

I don't. This is of a completely different nature than what occurred in 07/08 and again in '12. This time, there is nothing but shouting going on back and forth. In fact, there is not even a potentially viable candidate running at this point. The goal this time, IMO, is to keep the volume so loud that by the time the public realizes nothing of substance was discussed or addressed, the election is over. Ultimately, I agree, both seek to preclude discussion of relevant political items that would inform the public - take, for instance, the staggering level of national debt - this topic hasn't been mentioned once by my count.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No. Just NO.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    How could anyone on this forum ever forget how they treated Paul?

The only difference this year is they're even more obvious how dedicated they are to elevating Killary.
    No one is forgetting anything, but equating D. Trump with Ron Paul is improper.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

In a limited sense, but unfortunately, what the public has become 'informed' of, is a straw-man. No one is conspiring to "rig" an election in the sense of casting millions of false votes, so the loud masses that decide to chase that rabbit will come up (of course) empty-handed, but echos on the internet will continue for a long time. The actual 'rigging' occurs by controlling what topics are allowed to be discussed.
    Reflect the Light!

Have you seen what's on RPF front page right now?

Gas lighting....ppfffftt.... yeah right, you weren't even here in 08, I was, and I remember.

*** SIGH ***
    ***SIGH***
    checks comment history

• 02-23-2015,
    • 01-24-2014,
    Thanks to your advice olbie - you should really post more and stop being so negative about Rand Paul I watched the video on the front page and Ron Paul said that the last thing we need is authoritarianism and that we need to support government that follows the NAP.

Trump was given a lot of free media coverage because they wanted him to win the RNC nomination. This is documented in emails by wiki leaks recently. He would be an easier opponent due to the perception he only had fringe people supporting him and this appears to be playing out just like they had hoped. I think Cruz and Carson were given similar fringe labels by the same documents.

Ron Paul did not get a massive amount of coverage because he was deemed a legitimate threat by the msm and the political elites. Rand Paul suffered a similar fate, which was also documented courtesy of wikileaks.

The similarity between Ron Paul and Trump, however, is that both were constantly attacked and villianized by all msm television and internet networks any time they made an appearance or were the subject of a story. The differences were they put Ron Paul right where they wanted him, in exile and out of the spotlight with little coverage, and Trump in the spotlight 24/7 so he would later be easy pickings for Mrs. Pre-Anointed Clinton. They both got it rough by the msm but for different reasons.

Correct answer.
    Reflect the Light!

Media.??

The only reason Trump was allowed to pretend to be a Republican was the Media Complicity.
    If Trump says "NO DEBATE" the media carries no debate.

Blackmail is why was he is allowed there. The rest is spineless folks slithering down hill.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Do You Remember How The Media Treated Ron Paul
    Is this a trick question... because I don't remember Ron Paul being in the media?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Is this a trick question... because I don't remember Ron Paul being in the media?
    Exactly.

There was a reason Ron Paul was called He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

He was absolutely ignored- even the "racist" newsletters got little attention, overall.

Trump is in the news every second- and is the darling of MSM.
    There is no spoon.

How Can We Forget?

The first time it became clear to me how biased the mainstream media truly are was Dr. Ron Paul's 2007 Presidential campaign:

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

It's interesting. I don't think the OP actually remembers how RP was treated in 08 and 12. At least not accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    It's interesting. I don't think the OP actually remembers how RP was treated in 08 and 12. At least not accurately.
    TRUE.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Trump was given a lot of free media coverage because they wanted him to win the RNC nomination. This is documented in emails by wiki leaks recently. He would be an easier opponent due to the perception he only had fringe people supporting him and this appears to be playing out just like they had hoped. I think Cruz and Carson were given similar fringe labels by the same documents.

Ron Paul did not get a massive amount of coverage because he was deemed a legitimate threat by the msm and the political elites. Rand Paul suffered a similar fate, which was also documented courtesy of wikileaks.

The similarity between Ron Paul and Trump, however, is that both were constantly attacked and villianized by all msm television and internet networks any time they made an appearance or were the subject of a story. The differences were they put Ron Paul right where they wanted him, in exile and out of the spotlight with little coverage, and Trump in the spotlight 24/7 so he would later be easy pickings for Mrs. Pre-Anointed Clinton. They both got it rough by the msm but for different reasons.
    Good summary.

+rep

For those who didn't watch the video in the OP, it was focused specifically on the mysterious "technical difficulties" that happen when someone is saying something they don't like. One example was a soldier speaking favorably about Ron Paul, when they "lost the signal". Then he had similar examples when people spoke against Hillary, or for Trump. Basically it just about the media cutting people off when they go off script.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's interesting, now we even fight about how Ron Paul was treated and the way media operated in 08 and 12 because of political perceptions and leanings.
    I watched every video posted on here back then, I know exactly what happened, I remember all too well.

So this epitomizes just how far apart Ron Paul people have drifted away from each other after 2012, it's really sad too.
    I don't think I realized how awesome Ron was at herding political cats, until Trumps run.

Another feather in Ron's political cap, for doing what he did.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 10-22-2016 at 01:45 PM.

It's interesting, now we even fight about how Ron Paul was treated and the way media operated in 08 and 12 because of political perceptions and leanings.
    I watched every video posted on here back then, I know exactly what happened, I remember all too well.

So this epitomizes just how far apart Ron Paul people have drifted away from each other after 2012, it's really sad too.
    I don't think I realized how awesome Ron was at herding political cats, until Trumps run.

Another feather in Ron's political cap, for doing what he did.
    What happened in '12 and especially in '07/'08 is NOTHING like what is occurring now. And the people who are out there stumping for Trump are not the people who were supporting Ron Paul. My perception is that the RP crowd is currently at home right now, shaking their heads.
    Reflect the Light!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tansill View Post
    What happened in '12 and especially in '07/'08 is NOTHING like what is occurring now. And the people who are out there stumping for Trump are not the people who were supporting Ron Paul. My perception is that the RP crowd is currently at home right now, shaking their heads.
    Some are, true enough, you know how Ron Paul people ruled the internet in 08/12 many of them are still around and posting, some have been banned from this site because they couldn't handle the transition. But on other sites the restriction don't exist and they say "I supported Ron Paul, now I support Trump". Many of these people are not liberty people they just want the most anti-establishment candidate that aligns with their world views.

Look at this example:

07 supports Kucinich
    08 supports Paul
    12 Supports Paul
    15 Supports Sanders
    16 Supports Trump

A person like this is our ally more than our foe.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.