Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you take pride in your ancestors and their ancestral homelands?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So, you're advocating some form of nationalism which is incompatible with libertarianism?
    where do you see me advocate anything in this thread?

how is nationalism incompatible with libertarianism?
    You said...

I've noticed most libertarians don't [take pride in ancestors etc]. perhaps its why many become libertarians
    ...which suggests that you think pride in ancestors and so forth is incompatible with libertarianism.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You said...

...which suggests that you think pride in ancestors and so forth is incompatible with libertarianism.
    not at all, just an observation. many people in this thread do still have pride in their ancestors, such as I, which would show that what you think is nationalism may not be incompatible with libertarianism.

either that or I reckon maybe you are the only real libertarian

not at all, just an observation. many people in this thread do still have pride in their ancestors, such as I, which would show that what you think is nationalism may not be incompatible with libertarianism.

either that or I reckon maybe you are the only real libertarian
    Liking jager schnitzel and Mozart isn't incompatible with libertarian.

Asking the state to deport people who don't is.

Which is your position?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think it is time Danke gets one of those DNA profile thingies so we can see it . Alien /Bigfoot / Neanderthal / Viking ????
    I agree. Everyone on RPFs should. HB did and made a thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I went out to the Southeast end of the next county today and did some mowing and checked on the Central part of my Empire.
    Do something Danke

I went out to the Southeast end of the next county today and did some mowing and checked on the Central part of my Empire.
    I hope things are peaceful in your empire, uncle oyarde. It's never fun and usually expensive to have to send martial forces to quiet down peasant revolts and so forth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Liking jager schnitzel and Mozart isn't incompatible with libertarian.

Asking the state to deport people who don't is.

Which is your position?
    neither, not even sure who Jager Schnitzel is.

I'm sitting in my field, drinking beer and watching my bonfire burn, listening to Old Crowe Medicine Show. My ancestors that settled this area are buried about 1000 feet from me. I certainly feel a connection, I don't know that it's pride so much as it is appreciation. I imagine them sitting here, much the same as I, watching the fire and looking up at the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    I'm sitting in my field, drinking beer and watching my bonfire burn, listening to Old Crowe Medicine Show. My ancestors that settled this area are buried about 1000 feet from me. I certainly feel a connection, I don't know that it's pride so much as it is appreciation. I imagine them sitting here, much the same as I, watching the fire and looking up at the stars.
    Posting on the internet.

Just teasin' ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Posting on the internet.

Just teasin' ya.
    And posting on the interwebs...

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    And posting on the interwebs...
    I don't get it. Is there a difference between the internet and interwebs? Back when I got my first AOL connection someone told me that it's not called the internet...or was it the web...I don't remember, it was boring but now I kinda want to know because I use it.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many people use the terms Internet and World Wide Web (aka. the Web) interchangeably, but in fact the two terms are not synonymous. The Internet and the Web are two separate but related things.

What is The Internet?
    Internet IconThe Internet is a massive network of networks, a networking infrastructure. It connects millions of computers together globally, forming a network in which any computer can communicate with any other computer as long as they are both connected to the Internet. Information that travels over the Internet does so via a variety of languages known as protocols.

What is The Web (World Wide Web)?
    The World Wide Web, or simply Web, is a way of accessing information over the medium of the Internet. It is an information-sharing model that is built on top of the Internet. The Web uses the HTTP protocol, only one of the languages spoken over the Internet, to transmit data. Web services, which use HTTP to allow applications to communicate in order to exchange business logic, use the the Web to share information. The Web also utilizes browsers, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox, to access Web documents called Web pages that are linked to each other via hyperlinks. Web documents also contain graphics, sounds, text and video.
    http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/...s_Internet.asp

I get the joke now. Very funny, Funk.

Interweb

Typically used in a jocular or sarcastic manner by more experienced Internet users, especially as a mockery of the less experienced when used with teh.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/interweb

My great-great grandfather fought in the War of Northern Aggression. He was in Orr's Rifles and died within a few months of joining. Poor guy got shot and it got infected. I have a copy of the check his widow received.

neither, not even sure who Jager Schnitzel is.
    It is delicious pork cooked in mushroom gravy . One of my favorite German dishes . When I lived there , about 11 Klicks South there was a small Gasthaus owned by a guy who was part owner of the soccer team I played for . I would drive through the country on a rare sunny day on my way there for jagerschnitzel and Parkbrau or Bitburg etc
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    My great-great grandfather fought in the War of Northern Aggression. He was in Orr's Rifles and died within a few months of joining. Poor guy got shot and it got infected. I have a copy of the check his widow received.
    How much did she get ? I bet it was paper money ?
    Do something Danke

How much did she get ? I bet it was paper money ?
    I don't remember. It's been ages since I looked at it. I just went to find the book it's in and it appears my mom took it when she moved. I'll try to get a pic of it tomorrow when i go see her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123