Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Full blown blizzard out now with 35 mph winds . I thought Danke would get me one of those Finnish military fleece wool sherpa hats for Christmas , I could be wearing it now in case I have to go out to the garage for fresh flashlight batteries.
    I bought a crank lantern at Harbor Freight. I love that damn thing. No batteries required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very cold and windy today. Georgians may see a snowflake this morning but the weather guy said not to panic because it's not going to stick. Every time they say that, it sticks. When they freak out, it's a bust. Our weathermen suck. My dad always said it was more reliable to just look at a thermometer and stick your head out the window but I have screens on all my windows. My parents didn't have screens because we took them off because we liked going out the windows. We were $#@!s. True story.

Oh I know, (I know)
    I should be leaving this climate
    I got a verse but can't rhyme it
    I gotta go where it's warm

Danke! Come and get me and let's go somewhere warm. Do something, Danke!!!

I got two tickets bought
    There won't be no second thought
    Weather's always nice down there in paradise
    We'll find that little man who owns that taco stand
    We'll be drinkin' margaritas while we're workin' on our tan

Last edited by Suzanimal; 01-20-2019 at 06:05 AM.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Looks like about six inches of snow early yesterday evening . It came down in a hurry too .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I bought a crank lantern at Harbor Freight. I love that damn thing. No batteries required.
    Everybody should have at least one.
    Do something Danke

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just got done shoveling the drive . The usual , bat$#@! crazy Mrs O laid out some tenderloins for dinner , then stated I need to take her out for Mexican , then asked how I would like the tenderloin cooked . It is Sunday , I do not care what she wants to do I will give in this one day of the week . I am ready for her . This morning when I went out to the feed lot I already warmed up all the vehicles and swept all the snow off of them etc
    Do something Danke

Just got done shoveling the drive . The usual , bat$#@! crazy Mrs O laid out some tenderloins for dinner , then stated I need to take her out for Mexican , then asked how I would like the tenderloin cooked . It is Sunday , I do not care what she wants to do I will give in this one day of the week . I am ready for her . This morning when I went out to the feed lot I already warmed up all the vehicles and swept all the snow off of them etc
    Figured you'd be watching the games.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Figured you'd be watching the games.
    I am , but I know who is going to win this . ( Fix was in , you could have pd me and I would have shared )
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-20-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Do something Danke

Currently 7 degrees out .
    Do something Danke

Splitting wood today , everything seems a little harder when there are 8 inches of snow and it is below 10 out . When I was younger I would have spent yesterday evening sitting in a bar now that I am older I took Mrs O to a Mexican place for dinner and drinks and watched the second game . Seems like my tab is just the same......
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-21-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    Do something Danke

COLD. I'm ready for global warming.

I had an old one legged man come in the bar today and get drunk. He asked me if I wanted a sugar daddy and when I told him I was married, he asked if I wanted a side pee. I told him I'd consider it. He called me his Boo. When he left he told me to go home and tell my husband I had a one legged old black man as a side pee, lol. He was so sweet. He was celebrating getting a foot. It'll be here in three weeks. I couldn't help but think of the 3D printed limbs and told him about them.

Today it is rumored to reach above freezing , we shall see , a long way to go , currently 20.
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Raining cats & dogs now with a big snow melt . Back to single digits Thurs night . The countryside should be like an ice rink then .
    Do something Danke

Yesterday, it was pretty warm out. Mr A was off and spent the day making old fashioned whiskey sours (with egg whites) and napping on the sofa. I talked him into riding up to the Aldi to buy food with me and I know he was drunk because he let me drive. He only lets me drive if he's very drunk. It's hard to tell when Mr A's drunk because he seems the same to me. Mr A can tell when when I've had just one drink. If I go out after work and call him, he knows right away if I've had a beer.

Anyway, taking him to Aldi was a mistake. We ended up with a bunch of candy and, for a minute there, I thought he was going to buy an exercise trampoline. I saw him looking at it in the store and then he was asking me if I thought jumping on a trampoline was real exercise. I told him I thought he exceeded the weight limit for an Aldi exercise trampoline. After Aldi, we stopped at the Walmart and I lost him. He went free ranging off in the store. I hate it when he does that. He doesn't even say anything. I'll be walking through the store talking to him and eventually, I'll turn around and he's gone. No telling how long I was talking to myself. I found him standing out in the parking lot smoking a cigar.

We did all that without coats.

I had to put a new latche on the hen house , one broke last time the temp got down to single digits . I went ahead and got a spare . I used to have some spare hinges and latches but pretty well used them all on one of the other hen houses these past five winters or so . If I could count on global warming I would not need spares . I am sending this receipt to democrat hero Al Gore and asking for a refund.
    Do something Danke

The fire is going very well . Some ash , cherry and walnut . Outside are flurries and wind . if you walk into the night to the north , on the wind you can here the painful wailing of the lost souls of the unwashed barbarian north men . They were taken and consumed by the Wendigo in weakness . I tell my grand daughters that this can be the fate of the vile , the undisciplined and immoral .
    Do something Danke

Probably split some wood tomorrow afternoon since it appears no global warming will arrive this month .
    Do something Danke

Snowing out but a heatwave , radio said high of 27 , mine says about 22 but 8 miles up the road the Thermometer at the church said 31 . I am heading outside to enjoy the balmy global warming of a high below avg . Damn democrats , they never deliver . When the pubs say they are giving some money to some $#@!holeistan they deliver , dems cannot even deliver on global warming , useless pussies .
    Do something Danke

My mom and stepfather took me to lunch today and alerted me that we're suppose to get snow on Tuesday. I told them they better get their bread and milk today so they don't miss out on it. My mom says she plans on making stew (I bet you a dollar she calls me Monday to tell me how much bread and milk she bought) and if we lose power, I can come to her house and eat. I have 5 jars of crunchy peanut butter, propane, and wood. I think we can survive for a day, lol.

Supposed to be a high of -10 on Wednesday.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Supposed to be a high of -10 on Wednesday.
    Only -3 here in the morning is that forecast , guess I will be splitting some more wood tomorrow .
    Do something Danke

Only -3 here in the morning is that forecast , guess I will be splitting some more wood tomorrow .
    31 here. My mom bought me a Meyers lemon tree many years ago and bitches at me about keeping it alive. She noticed it was still outside today when she stopped by to take me to lunch and couldn't resist bringing up my brown thumb. She's been mad at me about plants ever since she gave me my granny's begonia and I accidentally killed it. My granny died in 1997 and apparently, I somehow became the keeper of her begonia. I'm not exactly known for my gardening skills so I'm not sure why she entrusted me with the old begonia.

Tonights fire is a splendid blends of Oak , Cherry & Ash .
    Do something Danke

I will be heading out to split wood while Suzanimal the begonia killer tortures the lemon tree .
    Do something Danke

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to chuck some wood . Supposed to rain and then the bottom drop out again for three days . Mon night , middle of the night I have to run up to Bloomington for an appt . Maybe Danke will loan me a few bucks for gas .
    Do something Danke

Going to clean some coals out today in preparation for Tue - Fri evening .
    Do something Danke

Well, it looks like this snow flurry is escalating into a full blown drama. The Atlanta mayor issued a statement asking Yankees in town for the Superbowl not to make fun of us during this weather emergency.

We are under a Winter Weather Advisory from 3am to 7pm tomorrow. I went to Aldi today and it was packed. There was plenty of bread but the milk looked low. I didn't buy either. I bought some hummus, white cheddar popcorn, beans for chili, and a couple of boxes of salad. My stepfather texted me a pic from the Walmart in Cumming(s) and they were out of bread, lol. I told them they should stop on Saturday to get bread. I knew they were going to want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Well, it looks like this snow flurry is escalating into a full blown drama. The Atlanta mayor issued a statement asking Yankees in town for the Superbowl not to make fun of us during this weather emergency.

We are under a Winter Weather Advisory from 3am to 7pm tomorrow. I went to Aldi today and it was packed. There was plenty of bread but the milk looked low. I didn't buy either. I bought some hummus, white cheddar popcorn, beans for chili, and a couple of boxes of salad. My stepfather texted me a pic from the Walmart in Cumming(s) and they were out of bread, lol. I told them they should stop on Saturday to get bread. I knew they were going to want it.
    No milk sandwich for him . I hauled 7 buckets of coals out to the creek today . I have to say some of the finest charcoal I have seen lately , so I propped a couple bratwursts up over some on sticks and cooked them . Too bad Danke had to work .
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably split a little more wood Sat . Last yr Feb. was rainy , looks like the first two weeks might be again .
    Do something Danke

No milk sandwich for him . I hauled 7 buckets of coals out to the creek today . I have to say some of the finest charcoal I have seen lately , so I propped a couple bratwursts up over some on sticks and cooked them . Too bad Danke had to work .
    Get back Wednesday. High now predicted to be -16.

Be a good Injun and have my car started and warmed up at the airport parking lot for me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 47 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast