Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WSJ: U.S. Military Preparing for a Full Withdrawal of Its Forces From Northeastern Syria

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Who could have predicted this would have happened within only 2 years of being in office?
    Right? Usually, megalomaniacs use war when their house of cards is being threatened. If this pans out, this megalomaniac is using a withdrawal from war. This is truly a great thing! I wonder if there are any more criminal charges we could threaten him with?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    ISIL was defeated because of Obama!
    Nobody is using ISIL anymore.

Trump Thinks Obama Says ‘ISIL’ Instead of ‘ISIS’ Because He Wants to ‘Bother People’ https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...ther-People%92

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Right? Usually, megalomaniacs use war when their house of cards is being threatened. If this pans out, this megalomaniac is using a withdrawal from war. This is truly a great thing! I wonder if there are any more criminal charges we could threaten him with?
    If you could simply only understand why withdrawing from war is a threat to the people who he is up against..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If you could simply only understand why withdrawing from war is a threat to the people who he is up against..
    If you could only understand that he has far more in common with those very same people than he does with you...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If you could only understand that he has far more in common with those very same people than he does with you...
    Orange man bad.

Where are the military bases that have been set up in Syria during all this? No matter what happens with troops in "NE Syria" (odd geographic limitation), I can betcha those bases built will stay right where they are, manned by someone other than Syrian military, going forward.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Where are the military bases that have been set up in Syria during all this? No matter what happens with troops in "NE Syria" (odd geographic limitation), I can betcha those bases built will stay right where they are, manned by someone other than Syrian military, going forward.
    Yes, whatever Donald Trump does, will never be good enough.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yes, whatever Donald Trump does, will never be good enough.
    The reality is that I don't trust or believe a word he says, so whether anything is "good enough" or not is irrelevant. Not a thing coming out of DC today is fact. Not. One. Thing.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Talk is cheep... we'll watch and wait.

U.S. Military Preparing for a Full Withdrawal of Its Forces From Northeastern Syria
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-mil...ia-11545225641

By Dion Nissenbaum
    Dec. 19, 2018 8:20 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON—In an abrupt reversal, the U.S. military is preparing to withdraw its forces from northeastern Syria, people familiar with the matter said Wednesday, a move that throws the American strategy in the Middle East into turmoil.

U.S. officials began informing partners in northeastern Syria of their plans to begin immediately pulling American forces out of the region where they have been trying to wrap up the campaign against Islamic State, the people said.

The move follows a call last week between President Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has threatened to launch an assault on America’s Kurdish partners in Syria.
    If it happen then hopefully it will be just the first step to be followed by bringing the boys back home from Afghanistan, Iraq and other places.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Ragıp Soylu‏@ragipsoylu
    Trump himself confirms the reports that he had taken a decision to withdraw US troops from Syria!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...97797929775105

----

ha.. complete hogwash if you follow latest events in Hajin... ISIS still smuggling oil w/ kurd/peshmerga.. etc.
    plus
    'we' didn't defeat ISIS... Iran & Russia & Syria did
    'we' let ISIS flee from Raqqa
    'we' continue to helivac ISIS into Afghanistan and Africom
    'we' bombed Syrian bridges, factories, bakeries, power plants, water plants and empty desert since 2012
    Trump is a used car salesman.
    I don't care what hogwash he tweets if he really withdraws the troops from the wars.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Brasco_Aad
    Reports are emerging that a deal has been struck between the US and Iran re. Syria.
    Iran has pledged to the US, with Syrian and Russian guarantees, that it will fully withdrawal from Syria if the US pulls out first.

Kurdish forces confirm US and French forces began withdrawal from east Syria
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...om-east-syria/

--------

SyriaYemenMaps
    DEIREZZOR:

Source to me from Shaytat:
    "Shaytat fighters who're spearheading the fight against IS in Hajin will very soon announce their official merge with the FSA Ahrar Al-Sharqiyah faction which will be part of the new E. Euphrates offensive backed by Turkey.

(Looks like all the Arab SDF are joining Turkey rather than the SAA.... at first appearance it looks like Erdogan may be after the former Ottoman parts of Syria.)

I'm betting he's not a complete idiot and will hand the territories back w/ Russian-Syrian security guarantees.
    They've already stolen everything worth stealing and trucked it back to Turkey... right down to the olive oil harvest.
    Time for everyone to GTFO. (except Russia. They were invited.)

--------

MENASTREAM
    Morocco: Video circulating on Moroccan social media supposedly shows the beheading of one of the Scandinavian tourists at Mount Toubkal, assailants speaking in Moroccan dialect says during the act that it is in revenge for "their brothers in Hajin" (apparently ISIS-supporters)

two tourists were killed, both beheaded afaik
    Last edited by goldenequity; 12-19-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Brasco_Aad
    Reports are emerging that a deal has been struck between the US and Iran re. Syria.
    Iran has pledged to the US, with Syrian and Russian guarantees, that it will fully withdrawal from Syria if the US pulls out first.

Kurdish forces confirm US and French forces began withdrawal from east Syria
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...om-east-syria/

--------

SyriaYemenMaps
    DEIREZZOR:

Source to me from Shaytat:
    "Shaytat fighters who're spearheading the fight against IS in Hajin will very soon announce their official merge with the FSA Ahrar Al-Sharqiyah faction which will be part of the new E. Euphrates offensive backed by Turkey.

(Looks like all the Arab SDF are joining Turkey rather than the SAA.... at first appearance it looks like Erdogan may be after the former Ottoman parts of Syria.)

I'm betting he's not a complete idiot and will hand the territories back w/ Russian-Syrian security guarantees.
    They've already stolen everything worth stealing and trucked it back to Turkey... right down to the olive oil harvest.
    Time for everyone to GTFO. (except Russia. They were invited.)

--------

MENASTREAM
    Morocco: Video circulating on Moroccan social media supposedly shows the beheading of one of the Scandinavian tourists at Mount Toubkal, assailants speaking in Moroccan dialect says during the act that it is in revenge for "their brothers in Hajin" (apparently ISIS-supporters)

two tourists were killed, both beheaded afaik
    I'm betting the mad sultan won't leave Syria and will end up at war with Assad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm betting the mad sultan won't leave Syria and will end up at war with Assad.
    I'm afraid you maybe right. We might not have many choices to defend our closest democratic allly plus an oil rich dictatorship in the region.
    But then does it mean above report is "fakenews"?

Trump: US troops will stay in Middle East to protect Israel
    November 28, 2018
    Trump told the Post:
    Now, are we going to stay in that part of the world [the Middle East]? One reason to is Israel. Oil is becoming less and less of a reason because we’re producing more oil now than we’ve ever produced. So, you know, all of a sudden it gets to a point where you don’t have to stay there.

Plus, GOP-Adelson wing's top funding leadership might also not allow withdrawl.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I'm afraid you maybe right. We might not have many choices to defend our closest democratic allly plus an oil rich dictatorship in the region.
    But then does it mean above report is "fakenews"?

Trump: US troops will stay in Middle East to protect Israel
    November 28, 2018
    Trump told the Post:
    Now, are we going to stay in that part of the world [the Middle East]? One reason to is Israel. Oil is becoming less and less of a reason because we’re producing more oil now than we’ve ever produced. So, you know, all of a sudden it gets to a point where you don’t have to stay there.

Plus, GOP-Adelson wing's top funding leadership might also not allow withdrawl.
    The mad sultan is Erdogan NOT Trump, I'm hoping that we pull out and it looks like we will.

I don't think Erdogan will leave any part of Syria without being forced to.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The mad sultan is Erdogan NOT Trump, I'm hoping that we pull out and it looks like we will.

I don't think Erdogan will leave any part of Syria without being forced to.
    Oh ok, didn't realize that. Wrongly assumed you were referring to one of the other sultans involved in this conflict - Assad (accused of violating human rights of children), MBS (being called by some Mr Bone Saw) or Netanyhu (another alleged neocon Sheldon "US should drop atom bomb on Iran" Adelson puppet).

H.K
    Heavy clashes erupted tonight between YPG and Turkish backed FSA rebels south of Mare' town in north Aleppo countryside.

Al-Masdar News
    Breaking: Turkish-backed rebels attack Kurdish forces in northern Aleppo
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...rthern-aleppo/

H.K
    Heavy clashes erupted tonight between YPG and Turkish backed FSA rebels south of Mare' town in north Aleppo countryside.

Al-Masdar News
    Breaking: Turkish-backed rebels attack Kurdish forces in northern Aleppo
    https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...rthern-aleppo/
    If Iran has agreed to leave Syria then who will defend Syria against Erdogan?
    Turkey is a NATO member so Russia will have to think long and hard before attacking it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Talk is cheep... we'll watch and wait.

U.S. Military Preparing for a Full Withdrawal of Its Forces From Northeastern Syria
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-mil...ia-11545225641

By Dion Nissenbaum
    Dec. 19, 2018 8:20 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON—In an abrupt reversal, the U.S. military is preparing to withdraw its forces from northeastern Syria, people familiar with the matter said Wednesday, a move that throws the American strategy in the Middle East into turmoil.

U.S. officials began informing partners in northeastern Syria of their plans to begin immediately pulling American forces out of the region where they have been trying to wrap up the campaign against Islamic State, the people said.

The move follows a call last week between President Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has threatened to launch an assault on America’s Kurdish partners in Syria.
    Rumors I heard this morning were victory was achieved and withdrawal has already started .
    Do something Danke

I'll be amazed if it actually happens.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If Iran has agreed to leave Syria then who will defend Syria against Erdogan?
    Turkey is a NATO member so Russia will have to think long and hard before attacking it.
    Yesterday Iranian FM Javad Zarif flew to Turkey.... I'd imagine they talked long and hard about exactly that.
    All players knew and agreed to immediate outcomes I'm sure...
    whether Erdo gets jiggy with things is what you're alluding to.
    If he trades away the Turkstream and future benefits with the Belt initiative and gains 3 powerful enemies at his doorstep...
    for some Ottoman fantasy to gain some stinking desert filled with angry Kurds...
    I repeat: he's an idiot.

Yesterday Iranian FM Javad Zarif flew to Turkey.... I'd imagine they talked long and hard about exactly that.
    All players knew and agreed to immediate outcomes I'm sure...
    whether Erdo gets jiggy with things is what you're alluding to.
    If he trades away the Turkstream and future benefits with the Belt initiative and gains 3 powerful enemies at his doorstep...
    for some Ottoman fantasy to gain some stinking desert filled with angry Kurds...
    I repeat: he's an idiot.
    The problem is that I believe he IS an idiot, worse yet he is the kind that thinks he is brilliant.

Related:

Is Turkey Aiming To Head A Global Islamic Union Governed By Sharia?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Guess it's time for another gas attack.
    I agree. There is a high chance the elite pull out some false flag BS like that to tarnish Trump for pulling out "think of the gassed children in Syria and the Mexico border!! You monster!!". They are truly pathetic and evil. More and more people see through their puppet media's BS every day.
    Last edited by nbhadja; 12-19-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    "Countries are benefited when they changed these [national sovereignty] policies, and evidence suggests that North Americans are ready for a new relationship that renders this old definition of sovereignty obsolete."

CFR task force co-chairman Robert Pastor

Quote Originally Posted by nbhadja View Post
    I agree. There is a high chance the elite pull out some false flag BS like that to tarnish Trump for pulling out "think of the gassed children in Syria and the Mexico border!! You monster!!". They are truly pathetic and evil. More and more people see through their puppet media's BS every day.
    Yes, and that bimbo they had at the U.N. went along with the story, hook line and sinker. She probably knew Assad didn't do it but she just had to say he did.

Ragıp Soylu‏@ragipsoylu

ha.. complete hogwash if you follow latest events in Hajin... ISIS still smuggling oil w/ kurd/peshmerga.. etc.
    plus
    'we' didn't defeat ISIS... Iran & Russia & Syria did
    'we' let ISIS flee from Raqqa
    'we' continue to helivac ISIS into Afghanistan and Africom
    'we' bombed Syrian bridges, factories, bakeries, power plants, water plants and empty desert since 2012
    Trump is a used car salesman.
    I wonder if this is a slap at the Senate who won't give him his wall? If it is, it's a win / win for the Libertarians. No wall, less war. I don't care how it comes about - I'll take it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I wonder if this is a slap at the Senate who won't give him his wall? If it is, it's a win / win for the Libertarians. No wall, less war. I don't care how it comes about - I'll take it.
    He should follow it up with an olive branch to the Senate by pulling us out of Yemen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Let them cry.

DESPERATE WHORES!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast