View Poll Results: Rand Should Primary Trump?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should

10 76.92%
  • No, he shouldn't

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rand Should Primary Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Or that they are more afraid of the Demoncrats who expose their radicalization more every day.
    So afraid of "demoncrats" as to not care whether it is the aforementioned non-persons or "their" party which massively grows government.

That's it, of course. The number of $#@!s which the average GOPer gives about policy is exactly 0 (zero).

Their enthusiasm is limited to beating the "demoncrats" (which means continuing the same policies, under different leadership).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So afraid of "democrats" as to not care whether it is the aforementioned non-persons or "their" party which massively grows government.

That's it, of course. The number of $#@!s which the average GOPer gives about policy is exactly 0 (zero).

Their enthusiasm is limited to "beating" the "demoncrats" (which means continuing the same policies, under different leadership).
    General election polls and primary races are two different things and a general popularity poll is a third.
    I don't claim our task will be easy but it is possible if done right.
    If you think so poorly of the Republican base why did you ask the question in the thread poll?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

If he tries to run the same pathetic campaign, then no. If he wants to run like he did in Kentucky in 2010, then maybe. The problem is that the public remembers him from the recent flub in the primary,

We shall defeat the Demoncrats and make our tribe proud; MAGA!

General election polls and primary races are two different things and a general popularity poll is a third.
    I don't claim our task will be easy but it is possible if done right.
    I'm not seeing any evidence that the GOP has the liberal inclinations you claim.

If you think so poorly of the Republican base why did you ask the question in the thread poll?
    I don't follow.

What does the GOP base, the Trump wing in particular, being absolutely useless have to do with whether or not Rand should run?

As I said some posts up, Rand won't win, but someone must make a stand and put something in the books for future generations to contemplate.

No, if that, it would be better that he not run at all.

For my part, the sole purpose of Rand running would be to kill Trumpism, lock it in a concrete box, and dump in an outhouse where it belongs. So long as the narrative is dominated by Hannity and related clowns spewing nationalist propaganda, nothing will or can improve. If the liberty movement isn't capable of winning elections anymore, so be it, then our last good service to humanity should be to end this abomination. Force people to call a spade a spade.
    Hannity is no nationalist. He's a phony Israel Firster hitching his wagon to Trump. Even Trump is a faux nationalist in some respects.

I'm not seeing any evidence that the GOP has the liberal inclinations you claim.

I don't follow.

What does the GOP base, the Trump wing in particular, being absolutely useless have to do with whether or not Rand should run?

As I said some posts up, Rand won't win, but someone must make a stand and put something in the books for future generations to contemplate.
    You asked about the Republican primary, if the Republican base is as hopeless as you claim Rand and his donors would be better off running 3rd party or trying for the Governorship in KY, attempting to run against Trump in the primary without any hope would only waste money and cost Rand the support of Trump fans for any other race, Rand must either take Trump's base away from him or abandon it and run 3rd party.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Hannity is no nationalist. He's a phony Israel Firster hitching his wagon to Trump. Even Trump is a faux nationalist in some respects.
    Since the departure of relentless Trump promoter/Paul trasher Bill O'Reilly, SnowBall is the most prominent Trump shill in the mainstream media.

He does nothing but stir up anti-immigrant and related nationalist sentiments; this is what he is paid large sums to do.

If you are pleased with the shift of the GOP toward nationalism, you really ought to send him a fruit basket.

Since the departure of relentless Trump promoter/Ron Paul trasher Bill O'Reilly, SnowBall is the most prominent Trump shill in the mainstream media.

He does nothing but stir up anti-immigrant and related nationalist sentiments.

If you are pleased with shift of the GOP toward nationalism, you really ought to send him a fruit basket.
    I know he's a scumbag fake. He went after Ron with the newsletters. No nationalist would have done that.

You asked about the Republican primary, if the Republican base is as hopeless as you claim Rand and his donors would be better off running 3rd party
    No, they'd spend all of their energy trying to get on the ballot.

Rand's a sitting US Senator, whose owed a favor or two from Turtleface.

He should run and, once the primary's won (no problem), tell them all to go $#@! themselves and get real.

Go Ron.

or trying for the Governorship in KY
    Yea, that would be the easier path. He'd probably win that after the current incumbant's done.

But how much power does the Governor of a small, Appalachian state have? (this is a rhetorical question)

I'd rather he go out in a blaze of glory, and bring down...

Well, ... you all love "drain the swamp," right?

I'm suggesting he run, detour the local petroleum distillery into the swamp, and light a $#@!ing match.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, they'd spend all of their energy trying to get on the ballot.

Rand's a sitting US Senator, whose owed a favor or two from Turtleface.

He should run and, once the primary's won (no problem), tell them all to go $#@! themselves and get real.

Go Ron.

Yea, that would be the easier path. He'd probably win that after the current incumbant's done.

But how much power does the Governor of a small, Appalachian state have? (this is a rhetorical question)

I'm suggesting he run, detour the local petroleum distillery into the swamp, and light a $#@!ing match.
    If the base is hopeless how is he supposed to accomplish your goals?
    All he would do if you are correct is alienate Trump's fans and harm his chances for the Governorship.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I know he's a scumbag fake. He went after Ron with the newsletters. No nationalist would have done that.
    He's an extremely popular figure among Trump supporters.

Why this is so should be no mystery; watch him some time.

He, like BillO and various other whores on FOX slobber on Donald.

...but teh Deep State's fighting him

If the base is hopeless how is he supposed to accomplish your goals?
    All he would do if you are correct is alienate Trump's fans and harm his chances for the Governorship.
    You're not listening.

The goal, for a classical liberal these days, can't be winning elections.

That's preposterous. I just want somebody to make a statement.

You're not listening.

The goal, for a classical liberal these days, can't be winning elections.

That's preposterous. I just want somebody to make a statement.
    You are not listening to yourself, you said:

And:

How is he supposed to do those if the base is hopeless?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You are not listening to yourself, you said:

And:

How is he supposed to do those if the base is hopeless?
    Once again, you're not listening.

Let me bold and underline my point to avoid any possible miscommunication:

Rand should run. He will not win. He should run to make a point. Let Atlas shrug.

The base won't support him. They'll support retard, or Pence, or some other bolshevik.

...but, a few non-morons out there might be enlightened or at least encouraged by the endeavor.

At this point, it's not about saving the country (adios), it's about keeping the flame alive.

We are Irish monks c. 590 A.D.

Once again, you're not listening.

Let me bold and underline my point to avoid any possible miscommunication:

Rand should run. He will not win. He should run to make a point. Let Atlas shrug.

The base won't support him. They'll support retard, or Pence, or some other bolshevik.

...but, a few non-morons out there might be enlightened or at least encouraged by the endeavor.

At this point, it's not about saving the country (adios), it's about keeping the flame alive.

We are Irish monks c. 590 A.D.
    When you said:
    Did you mean "once it's lost"?

When you said:

What did you mean? If he gets few votes and only educates a few people how does that set the swamp on fire?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

When you said:

Did you mean "once it's lost"?
    I meant, if he should manage to win the primary, then screw the party and everyone who fought him.

Tell people the truth, burning down the GOP in the process.

When you said:

What did you mean? If he gets few votes and only educates a few people how does that set the swamp on fire?
    If he only gets a few votes, it doesn't set "the swamp" on fire. It does nothing, except inspire a few future leaders.

But that is better than nothing: continued cooption, dying slow.

@r3volution 3.0

One more question, why did you say this?

He should run and, once the primary's won (no problem)
    You certainly don't seem to believe it in all your other posts and it doesn't fit your contention that the Republican base is un-salvageable.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On an unrelated note..

Quote Originally Posted by Regarding Adalbert von Bredow
    Born at Briesen near Friesack in Brandenburg, to Major Friedrich von Bredow (1787-1878) and Bernhardine Sophie (née von Wulffen) (1792-1859), he joined the Garde-Husaren-Regiment in 1832 as Unteroffizier. By 1859, he had been given command of the 4th Dragoon Regiment. As a colonel, von Bredow led the 2nd Cavalry Brigade in the Austro-Prussian War of 1866, and was promoted to major general.[1] He is best known as a hero of the Franco-Prussian War after the Battle of Mars-la-Tour on August 16, 1870. During this battle he commanded the Prussian 12th Cavalry Brigade on one of the last successful massed cavalry charges in warfare. Before his assault von Bredow stated of that "it will cost what it will." "Von Bredow's Death Ride" resulted in massive casualties on the Prussian forces but he managed to defeat a French force that outnumbered them four to one.

@r3volution 3.0

One more question, why did you say this?

You certainly don't seem to believe it in all your other posts and it doesn't fit your contention that the Republican base is un-salvageable.
    I suggest that you vote Trump and Trump and Trump, and stop bothering sentient beings.

I suggest that you vote Trump and Trump and Trump, and stop bothering sentient beings.
    I didn't vote for Trump and I will vote for Rand if he runs.
    I suggest that you should keep better track of your positions when debating on a forum where your words are recorded and can be quoted back at you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I didn't vote for Trump and I will vote for Rand if he runs.
    I suggest that you should keep better track of your positions when debating on a forum where your words are recorded and can be quoted back at you.
    I suggest you find someone else's time to waste.

Rand has a powerful voice as a Senator. He is being as effective as he can, and is much more impactful than the vast majority of Congress.

A Presidential run would be a waste, as he already has a platform to put out his message. An expensive and time consuming POTUS run would not help. Being a human piñata is probably not high on his list of priorities.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    My gut instinct is Amash will run on the LP at some point though. Maybe Rand runs LP down the road.
    Agree. There is always the future for Rand.

Amash would be much more interesting. He could significantly raise his profile, and add a new voice to the liberty message (for the majority of the people who have never heard of him). Also, it does seem that Amash has that ambition (a POTUS run).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

For those of us who voted Yay, a second question:

Rand's been playing this game since summer 2016, whereby he praises a position candidate Trump took during the campaign (mind you: Trump took every position on every issue during the campaign), so as to cover himself for criticizing the actual conduct of Trump as President. For instance, he'll say that Trump's appointment of Bolton runs contrary to his non-interventionist comments as a candidate (feigning ignorance of Trump's long record of extremely interventionist positions, which Rand rightly attacked during the campaign: e.g. re Libya). So, given this tack which Rand has taken (not what I would have advised, but there's a certain logic to it), how might he change his tune re Trump without risking "flip-flopper" accusations?
    Rand should ABSOLUTELY primary Trump!
    But I'm not holding my breath that he will. Consider this factoid. What REALLY happened when Rand's ribs got broken? Everybody is talking about the "deep state." Well Trump with his face scanning camera executive order is part of the deep state.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Being a human piñata is probably not high on his list of priorities.
    So that's how his ribs got broken!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If DJT is able to be in a position to do another POTUS run in 2020 or 2024 and is not a convicted felon,
    then Senator Rand Paul needs to take him on once again in the early primaries and caucuses, IMOHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    If DJT is able to be in a position to do another POTUS run in 2020 or 2024 and is not a convicted felon,
    then Senator Rand Paul needs to take him on once again in the early primaries and caucuses, IMOHO.
    Another change of plans?

Unless Rand suddenly becomes an alpha male overnight, he should primary Trump. Then again, he won't be able to out alpha male Trump whose already convinced enough people in the country that hes better than any Democrat or Republican that replaces him so its kind of pointless.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12