Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gurley L. Martin is primarying Mitch McConnell

Gurley L. Martin is primarying Mitch McConnell

Gurley L Martin’s <> STATEMENT Of INTENT <> To file Wednesday, 6 November 2013 – with the Secretary of State “Alison Lundergan Grimes” at Frankfort, Kentucky – To run in the Republican Primary - Tuesday, 5 May 2014 – for U. S. SENATOR – Class II – Representing the Entirety of Kentucky; Most All citizens thereof – 2015 through 2020 – This of course, after PREVAILING in the General Election 4 November 2014. “Be It So”
    http://gurleymartin.wordpress.com/

I believe he is currently 91 years old.
    Last edited by Gage; 01-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Gage; 01-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

i'd vote for the guy in this race match-up.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Judging by his youtube clips he doesn't like Rand Paul

http://www.youtube.com/user/barefoot...ow=grid&view=0

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Judging by his youtube clips he doesn't like Rand Paul

http://www.youtube.com/user/barefoot...ow=grid&view=0
    That's not his YouTube channel.

Classic!

"I filed before all of you"
    "Horsefeathers"

Suddenly this race is interesting, and the debates will be worth watching. However, I kinda doubt mitch will agree to debate. I was hoping bohnson would run again, but I'd certainly be glad to settle for Gurley!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    That's not his YouTube channel.
    Well, in the debate he doesn't like Rand either.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Well, in the debate he doesn't like Rand either.
    He likes Ron Paul, but not Rand. I'm not saying we should support Gurley either, not one cent should be sent to him.

I believe he is currently 91 years old.
    If I remember right, he was 86 in 2010.

Really? That's the best KY can do? An 80 something year old man? Someone step up to the damn plate and primary McConnell's ASS already.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Someone step up to the damn plate and primary McConnell's ASS already.
    And the rest of him too.

Gurley's got my money!

Favorite Gurly quote - "Send the UN back to Paris or wherever the hell it came from!"
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Favorite Gurly quote - "Send the UN back to Paris or wherever the hell it came from!"

well the league of nations was started in paris.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, I have my candidate in that race!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Really? That's the best KY can do? An 80 something year old man? Someone step up to the damn plate and primary McConnell's ASS already.
    Kathy, he's wonderful. With Rand going to endorse McConnell, I don't expect much of a GOP primary, and you really should look at Gurley's debates when he ran for senate against Rand (before supporting Rand, and then Ron in 2012). The first time he mentioned the Creature from Jekyll Island Rand's head nearly whipped off. He does have some un-PC opinions, but he is a delight. He is a true paleoconservative.

I wonder if Mitch will debate him? Can he get out of it? As I recall, all it takes is $2000 to be a candidate for Senator, that is what Gurley said last time when he was asked why he was running "Because I can."
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

He likes Ron Paul, but not Rand. I'm not saying we should support Gurley either, not one cent should be sent to him.
    I remember him liking Rand but just liking Ron more. Maybe I missed something. But anyhow, Gurley against Mitch is a no brainer.

Gurley is my facebook friend, and while his style of typing is certainly interesting I do not doubt the man has liberty in his heart. I hope he gives McConnell hell!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I remember him liking Rand but just liking Ron more. Maybe I missed something. But anyhow, Gurley against Mitch is a no brainer.
    You're right actually, you made me remember this photo I took of Gurley wearing an 'I'm a Rand Fan' sticker and Rand button, which was in August 2010.

Last edited by Gage; 01-05-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jj- View Post
    Gurley's got my money!
    Is he accepting donations this time? (I recall last time he wasn't). If he is, and if I had any to spare I'd donate to him in a heartbeat. I'd love to see him actually win.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Is he accepting donations this time? (I recall last time he wasn't). If he is, and if I had any to spare I'd donate to him in a heartbeat. I'd love to see him actually win.
    He'd better accept donations. Probably he didn't want to deal with FEC and who can blame him? But grass roots could do stuff with people chipping in to sticker/fan buys for the picnics and fancy farm, stuff like that.

Thank you RPF's...

I too am FB friends with Gurley, and he would turn over the Senate chamber overnight.

Maybe not, but you would hear about him. A lot. And in ways that make you smile.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LMAO Gurley just liked this post as I was typing that:

http://www.facebook.com/glenbradley/...4?notif_t=like

I rather live in a nation that was represented by the Gurley Martins of the world over the wanna be masters we have now. I would consider voting for Mr. Martin before 90% of the puppets we have now.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

i really really really hope Gurley L. Martin has at least three debates with Mitch McConnell

He's classic and a stand up guy. Go Gurley!

Gurley definitely DOES like Rand. He either had his doubts briefly, or more likely ran as a foil to Rand... while Trey was accusing Rand of being extreme and weak on national defense, Gurley Martin, WWII veteran, was saying that we haven't been in a moral war since our Revolution. It completely made Rand seem reasonable and Trey's accusations as desperate. Gurley is a smart, smart guy and as true a liberty person as we could ask for. He possibly even understands strategy better than many in our movement. He also asked me for a 4x8 foot Rand sign for his yard... I passed the info on to the campaign since I didn't live anywhere close.

McConnell probably won't debate, and I don't think we stand a realistic chance of toppling him... even Rand (who raised $3.5 million for primary) would have trouble beating his $20+ million. But we needed a liberty candidate to bring some of these issues to light! So I applaud Gurley and anyone else who tries to do that. And a primary is the place to do it! Rock on Mr. Martin!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Gurley is awesome! His age is actually his best qualification, since he remembers a time when we actually had freedom in this country. His second best qualification is telling it like it is, without mincing words or fear of being un-pc, straight up and no bs.

In 2007 I spoke to a room full of high school aged folk (at my former high school), many of who would be voting for the first time in 2008. I concluded by telling them of all the reasons to vote for Ron Paul, the biggest was that we are losing our freedom. I said that when I was a student at that very same school, we still had the freedom to drive a car without a seat belt and the drinking age was 19. You should have seen the jaws drop and looks of wonder in their eyes. Having lived for so long and seeing the loss of more freedom than most people, Gurley could take this to the 10th exponent. Giving examples of lost freedoms to younger folks has been a very effective way to spread the message, I've found.

Go back and listen to his debate performances, the guy is great! Seriously, he would be right up there with Rand and Mike Lee in the Senate. I wouldn't mind seeing bohnson run, either. He'd also be better than mitch.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast