Thread: Farmageddon - The truth about the food and dairy industry

Exclamation Farmageddon - The truth about the food and dairy industry

Farmageddon - The truth about the food and dairy industry

Americans' right to access fresh, healthy foods of their choice is under attack. Farmageddon tells the story of small, family farms that were providing safe, healthy foods to their communities and were forced to stop, sometimes through violent action, by agents of misguided government bureaucracies, and seeks to figure out why.

Filmmaker Kristin Canty's quest to find healthy food for her four children turned into an educational journey to discover why access to these foods was being threatened. What she found were policies that favor agribusiness and factory farms over small family-operated farms selling fresh foods to their communities. Instead of focusing on the source of food safety problems - most often the industrial food chain - policymakers and regulators implement and enforce solutions that target and often drive out of business small farms that have proven themselves more than capable of producing safe, healthy food, but buckle under the crushing weight of government regulations and excessive enforcement actions.

Farmageddon highlights the urgency of food freedom, encouraging farmers and consumers alike to take action to preserve individuals' rights to access food of their choice and farmers' rights to produce these foods safely and free from unreasonably burdensome regulations. The film serves to put policymakers and regulators on notice that there is a growing movement of people aware that their freedom to choose the foods they want is in danger, a movement that is taking action with its dollars and its voting power to protect and preserve the dwindling number of family farms that are struggling to survive.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can see why you don't have any posts on this yet, 1 and 1/2 hrs. long. I watched about ten minutes and I'll go back to that point and watch more as time allows.

+ rep for posting though, looks like a lot of effort went into this.
    "The Patriarch"

This documentary is definitely worth the watch.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

policymakers and regulators implement and enforce solutions that target and often drive out of business small farms that have proven themselves more than capable of producing safe, healthy food, but buckle under the crushing weight of government regulations and excessive enforcement actions.
    Well yeah. That's what regulations are for. It has nothing to do with protecting consumers. It's about reducing the competition of the people who are lining the pockets of the politicians.

Until the left understands this definition of "regulation", they will never understand why every time they get new regulations, things get worse and big business grows bigger. Unfortunately, most of them would think that in order to fix this, we need more regulation. lol.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Well yeah. That's what regulations are for. It has nothing to do with protecting consumers. It's about reducing the competition of the people who are lining the pockets of the politicians.

Until the left understands this definition of "regulation", they will never understand why every time they get new regulations, things get worse and big business grows bigger. Unfortunately, most of them would think that in order to fix this, we need more regulation. lol.
    Exactly.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

MONSANTO IS A FREE-MARKET MARVEL!!!!!!
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

The left and right both think regulations are good for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Good point. That's because both parties understand what regulations are really for. Getting paid.

I guess I was talking about the rank and file. In the rank and file, the left wants to regulate business and the right wants to regulate behavior. But to those in power, they just want to regulate - it doesn't really matter what, as long as there's a lobbyist that can benefit from it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good movie, although pretty infuriating to watch.

this is why we allow no inspectors on our farm. no "just looking around", no "just verifying thing are OK". this is a private farm, please come back with a warrant.

i like the part where they talk about the right to food not being in the bill of rights because the founding fathers would never have guessed we would get to this point.

imo - get your guns and ammo, this will not likely be solved peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    good movie, although pretty infuriating to watch.

this is why we allow no inspectors on our farm. no "just looking around", no "just verifying thing are OK". this is a private farm, please come back with a warrant.

i like the part where they talk about the right to food not being in the bill of rights because the founding fathers would never have guessed we would get to this point.

imo - get your guns and ammo, this will not likely be solved peacefully.
    Good for you! I hear so many people who say, "I have nothing to hide, so I let them do it!

They don't follow the constitution as it stands. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness...

Of course if you get rid of all regulations on the food industry, these practices could be even more commonplace since they offer the highest production to producers and profit is their motive. There are bad or poor regulations but I would not go as far as to say that all regulations are bad. Check out "the Jungle" by Upton Sinclair and you will see that this is nothing new.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-10-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Eagles' Wings

What I can't figure out it is why there are more and more CSA's and small family farms popping up and sellling out their products.

Next week we are going on an organized farm tour of our favorite farms. We can purchased right then and there, no middle man. Now granted, there is no fresh milk, or products from fresh milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Of course if you get rid of all regulations on the food industry, these practices could be even more commonplace since they offer the highest production to producers and profit is their motive. There are bad or poor regulations but I would not go as far as to say that all regulations are bad. Check out "the Jungle" by Upton Sinclair and you will see that this is nothing new.

I want government out of it--period. I want a truly free market where the regulators would be the people!! When government is involved, they put out a false sense of security--like they are watching out for peoples best interest. Their best interest is; Big Pharma and Big Agra. Common sense dictates if you allow cows to eat ground up cows, sooner or later the cows will get sick. It really isn't rocket science.
    Last edited by donnay; 07-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    What I can't figure out it is why there are more and more CSA's and small family farms popping up and sellling out their products.

Next week we are going on an organized farm tour of our favorite farms. We can purchased right then and there, no middle man. Now granted, there is no fresh milk, or products from fresh milk.

Louise,

It won't be long when this will go away if we do not stand up against it. There is cases all over the country where there are Farm/Seafood Co-Op's being raided without probable cause--some owners are looking at life sentences in prison for made-up charges. Or we will start seeing more Agenda 21 zoning issues all across the nation. If we do not become outraged at these miscarriages of justice, happening all around the country, they will continue it until anyone who grows food (or catches it) will be a criminal.

edit: misunderstood the post.
    Last edited by Kelly.; 07-10-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Eagles' Wings

Louise,

It won't be long when this will go away if we do not stand up against it. There is cases all over the country where there are Farm/Seafood Co-Op's being raided without probable cause--some owners are looking at life sentences in prison for made-up charges. Or we will start seeing more Agenda 21 zoning issues all across the nation. If we do not become outraged at these miscarriages of justice, happening all around the country, they will continue it until anyone who grows food (or catches it) will be a criminal.
    By all that is Holy, Donnay, sometimes I just want to put my head in the sand and give up. You are the strong voice that inspires me though so, onward we go. She did not cower, but fearlessly stood her ground, even with the trembling knees. Its a long story, one that is ongoing.
    Last edited by Eagles' Wings; 07-15-2012 at 09:19 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    By all that is Holy, Donnay, sometimes I just want to put my head in the sand and give up. You are the strong voice that inspires me though so, onward we go. My friend was held at gun point for having fresh milk in her fridge. She did not cower, but fearlessly stood her ground, even with the trembling knees. Its a long story, one that is ongoing.
    God bless her! In the end, they can shoot our flesh and end this life, but they cannot shoot our souls and take our glory. For me, God is my armor. That is where I get all my strength to fight the good fight.

Eagles' Wings

God bless her! In the end, they can shoot our flesh and end this life, but they cannot shoot our souls and take our glory. For me, God is my armor. That is where I get all my strength to fight the good fight.
    Ok, now I'm weeping again. And, AMEN!

~BUMP~ For those who haven't yet seen this great documentary!