Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Starbucks in hot water for having cops remove two black men from Philly store

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, until you walk into a stall that has poop all over the walls.
    No, that's part of what helps you remain humble. knowing there is always somebody that has to clean the $#@! off the walls, and sometimes that person is you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Homeless people are most likely to have mental issues, be on drugs therefore they are most likely to poop on the floor. That is just reality
    Some,, no doubt and no argument.

Some however are quite well mentally,, but either by circumstance or choice do not have a domicile.

For some a temporary situation and for others a conscious choice.

Blanket statement that they are all this or that makes one seem really $#@!ing ignorant.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Done that... Managed a Restaurant..
    Still doing that?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Places that start allowing homeless people to use their restrooms soon find that some homeless people are alcoholics and drug addicts, they $#@! everywhere, leave needles, try and take showers in the sink and leave the bathroom a complete mess (yes, sometimes leaving $#@! on the walls, because some homeless people are crazy).

As a business owner, you now have to either deal with having really dirty bathrooms that your customers don't want to use and so they go somewhere else and you lose business, or you have to make your employees clean $#@! off the walls every day and eventually they quit to go work somewhere that doesn't allow homeless people in their bathrooms.
    I hate to break it to you, but I'd wager more $#@! gets on walls everyday in America from non-homeless people. Especially people that "hover" over a public toilet and have explosive $#@!s. I used to have to clean the michaels bathrooms, which the largest demographic was old white women. Not a week would go by without $#@! on the womens bathroom wall -- the mens bathroom was generally in pristine condition.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-11-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Still doing that?
    Nope.
    I'm Homeless(again). and unemployed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Wow, you really don't get it.

Every place in the country lets you use the restroom if you aren't a customer, if you come into the store LOOKING AND ACTING like a customer and not a homeless person or a gang banger - doesn't matter what color your skin is.

Places that start allowing homeless people to use their restrooms soon find that some homeless people are alcoholics and drug addicts, they $#@! everywhere, leave needles, try and take showers in the sink and leave the bathroom a complete mess (yes, sometimes leaving $#@! on the walls, because some homeless people are crazy).

As a business owner, you now have to either deal with having really dirty bathrooms that your customers don't want to use and so they go somewhere else and you lose business, or you have to make your employees clean $#@! off the walls every day and eventually they quit to go work somewhere that doesn't allow homeless people in their bathrooms.

Sorry you don't understand the reality of living in a big city, but this is pretty basic stuff.
    Are we talking about homeless people or regular individuals who just didn't buy any good or services from the store? cos those are 2 different groups of people

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No, that's part of what helps you remain humble. knowing there is always somebody that has to clean the $#@! off the walls, and sometimes that person is you.
    You can tell that the Starbucks chairman never had a job cleaning toilets.

Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz said Thursday that the company will now open its bathrooms to everyone, regardless of whether a purchase has been made, following the arrest of two African American men who had asked to use the bathroom at one of its downtown Philadelphia coffee shops.

Schultz, speaking at the Atlantic Council in Washington hours before he was slated to receive a business leadership award, said the company is changing its policy, after weeks of controversy, because it wants everyone — customer or not — to feel welcome at Starbucks.

“We don’t want to become a public bathroom, but we’re going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key,” Schultz said, “because we don’t want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than.”
    I can't wait to see what happens to Starbucks next.

Some,, no doubt and no argument.

Some however are quite well mentally,, but either by circumstance or choice do not have a domicile.

For some a temporary situation and for others a conscious choice.

Blanket statement that they are all this or that makes one seem really $#@!ing ignorant.
    I have limited experience interacting with homeless people and one thing I noticed is that sadly a good number of them have mental illness(alcoholism, schizophrenia, bi polar etc etc). When I worked at burger king, they would come in and buy stuff all the time. One misconception about them is that they do not patronize the businesses they visit because they do buy loads of drinks and food when they came in.

Also, in my time working for burger king, not one day did I come in to find poop on the floor from them or regular customers. One kid pooped on the floor once, but her mom cleaned it up.

Oh ya, I understand the dynamic of doing manual labor and demeaning jobs, I had all sots of different jobs when I was younger.. but if you're a person who has never $#@! on a wall sometimes there is a line.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Are we talking about homeless people or regular individuals who just didn't buy any good or services from the store? cos those are 2 different groups of people
    Exactly.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have limited experience interacting with homeless people and one thing I noticed is that sadly a good number of them have mental illness(alcoholism, schizophrenia, bi polar etc etc). When I worked at burger king, they would come in and buy stuff all the time. One misconception about them is that they do not patronize the businesses they visit because they do buy loads of drinks and food when they came in.

Also, in my time working for burger king, not one day did I come in to find poop on the floor from them or regular customers. One kid pooped on the floor once, but her mom cleaned it up.

Have you ever been outside Omaha? Spent much time in a real city? Or, should I say, a progressive city?

I have limited experience interacting with homeless people and one thing I noticed is that sadly a good number of them have mental illness(alcoholism, schizophrenia, bi polar etc etc).
    Have you met many homeowners?
    The same could be said.

Ever use the bathrooms at an event center during a concert?

I have found public bathrooms,, generally better maintained.

And there would be less issue for businesses if there were Public Restrooms commonly available.

It may even be in their Best Interest to provide such.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Have you ever been outside Omaha? Spent much time in a real city? Or, should I say, a progressive city?
    I lived on Venus Beach/Santa Monica for a month in the late 80s. and all the way to Tacoma. Portland after that,, Then Florida living on an alias.

I don't really care for cities,, but there is enough waste to support me fine.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

And there would be less issue for businesses if there were Public Restrooms commonly available.

It may even be in their Best Interest to provide such.
    I totally agree, if I had a business in a downtown district where there were homeless people I would help organize an effort among local businesses and individuals to build bathrooms for homeless people and maintain them if it was an issue. It is better than having to deal with the problem yourself and near your customer base.

I think they have some pretty good designs in Portland where people can $#@! anywhere they want and they can come in and hose it at some point.

Automated sanitation system with easily refilled tissue paper dispensers. Who now exactly is going to be paying for this?

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Automated sanitation system with easily refilled tissue paper dispensers. Who now exactly is going to be paying for this?
    Mexico

I hate to break it to you, but I'd wager more $#@! gets on walls everyday in America from non-homeless people. Especially people that "hover" over a public toilet and have explosive $#@!s. I used to have to clean the michaels bathrooms, which the largest demographic was old white women. Not a week would go by without $#@! on the womens bathroom wall -- the mens bathroom was generally in pristine condition.
    I had a similar job at a department store, brother. I can vouch for you. Once a week... Women's rooms were nasty. I would clean the toilet with a mop, stick the mop in the toilet and flush until clean. I wouldn't touch that.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Who paid for street sweepers before governments claimed ownership of the roads?

You pay for street lighting?

Dude basic sanitation has been around for centuries,, it is not an issue till it is denied people.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Starbucks tells employees: Let anyone use the restroom

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/cri...g-12906558.php

May 11, 2018

In this March 22, 2017 file photo, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz speaks at the Starbucks annual shareholders meeting in Seattle. Schultz says the company will now allow people to use bathrooms at its coffee shops even if they don’t buy anything, as it continues to take a closer look at its operations following the arrest of two black men at a Philadelphia shop. Schulz discussed the new policy while he spoke at the Atlantic Council in Washington, Thursday, May 10, 2018. Schultz said the company previously had a “loose policy” that only paying customers be allowed to use bathrooms, but that it was up to each store manager to decide

NEW YORK (AP) — Starbucks has told employees to let anyone use the restroom, even if they haven't bought anything, as it reviews its policies and tries to restore its reputation after the arrest of two black men at a coffee shop in Philadelphia.

The coffee chain said it wants all customers who come in "to feel welcome" and it's conducting a three-month review of its guidelines. That follows comments from Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz said he didn't want people to feel "less than" if they were refused access.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom," said Schultz, "but we're going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key."

The arrests in Philadelphia were a major embarrassment for Starbucks, which has long projected itself as a socially conscious company and has promoted its stores as a place for people to gather outside of their homes and offices.

Schultz said Starbucks had maintained a "loose policy" on bathroom access, though decisions were ultimately left up to store managers on whether someone could use them. At the Philadelphia store where the two men were arrested April 12, it was policy to ask people who hadn't bought anything to leave.

The men, Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson, who were asked to leave after one was denied access to the bathroom. They were arrested by police minutes after they sat down to await a business meeting they had scheduled. The incident was captured by people using cellphones and went viral, leading to protests.

Nelson and Robinson settled with Starbucks earlier this month for an undisclosed sum and an offer of a free college education. Separately, they reached a deal with Philadelphia for a symbolic $1 each and a promise from city officials to set up a $200,000 program for young entrepreneurs.

The company plans to close more than 8,000 of its U.S. stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias training for its employees.

After the new training, 80,000 homeless people should go to Starbucks, use restrooms, stay there all day and not purchase anything.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom," said Schultz, "but we're going to make the right decision a hundred percent of the time and give people the key."
    I want to find a really sexy girl who looks like a model to marry and who has a constantly throbbing libido so we have sex all the time and who is still a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    After the new training, 80,000 homeless people should go to Starbucks, use restrooms, stay there all day and not purchase anything.
    Starbucks shouldn't advertise itself as a place to hang out for free wifi and buy overpriced coffee when you feel like it if that is no longer the business model. And the men who got arrested weren't homeless. But never let facts get in the way of a good rant I suppose.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I want to find a really sexy girl who looks like a model to marry and who has a constantly throbbing libido so we have sex all the time and who is still a virgin.

If you ever find her, clone her.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Starbucks shouldn't advertise itself as a place to hang out for free wifi and buy overpriced coffee when you feel like it if that is no longer the business model. And the men who got arrested weren't homeless. But never let facts get in the way of a good rant I suppose.

Why does its matter whether these two were homeless or not? The fact being, now anyone can hangout in Starbucks without being a customer. Homeless definitely will be there when it is cold outside.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Why does its matter whether these two were homeless or not? The fact being, now anyone can hangout in Starbucks without being a customer. Homeless definitely will be there when it is cold outside.
    Every time I've been to a Starbucks there have been people hanging out who weren't customers. That's what happens when you have free wifi and plenty of places to plug in a laptop. These men hadn't been there but for a few minutes. I'm all for Starbucks having stupid business practices, but making your restaurant and inviting hangout space and then getting butthurt because people actually take you up on it is silly.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Every time I've been to a Starbucks there have been people hanging out who weren't customers. That's what happens when you have free wifi and plenty of places to plug in a laptop. These men hadn't been there but for a few minutes. I'm all for Starbucks having stupid business practices, but making your restaurant and inviting hangout space and then getting butthurt because people actually take you up on it is silly.
    Never been to a Starbucks outside of airports.

A McDonalds in downtown Denver had homeless, but they had to buy something.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Every Starbucks I've been to, if people are just sitting around they always have one thing: a laptop or tablet or something. That means they can probably afford a coffee at some point so they don't get bothered.

Would white smelly homeless people be allowed to stay inside Starbucks for extended periods of time without purchasing anything? Would the homeless people with their carts parked outside or inside deter good paying customers from frequenting the establishment? Are black people that are not homeless but not paying customers more protected than homeless people?

Okay. I've had a lot of meetings in Starbucks. Business meetings. Tutoring sessions. (I was the tutor). Sometimes the person I was meeting was late. Sometimes I was late. I might buy something if I felt like it but I never felt obligated to do so.

At the McDonalds that I have waited at when driving for Uber/Lyft they had various ways of dealing with homeless like "no sleeping" (that's at the downtown library too) or simply checking if someone had been there for hours. These guys had been there for literally minutes.

Every Starbucks I've been to, if people are just sitting around they always have one thing: a laptop or tablet or something. That means they can probably afford a coffee at some point so they don't get bothered.
    So you've never seen someone in Starbucks reading a book? Or what about on a cell phone? There are homeless with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Would white smelly homeless people be allowed to stay inside Starbucks for extended periods of time without purchasing anything? Would the homeless people with their carts parked outside or inside deter good paying customers from frequenting the establishment? Are black people that are not homeless but not paying customers more protected than homeless people?
    Except these two men weren't smelly and hadn't been there for hours. The man who had set up the meeting was white. He obviously didn't think it was unseemly to go to Starbucks for the primary purpose of having a meeting as opposed to the primary purpose of buying some overpriced coffee.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/u...en-arrest.html
    The video shows the men surrounded by several police officers wearing bicycle helmets in the Center City Starbucks. When one officer asks another man whether he is “with these gentlemen,” the man says he is and calls the episode ridiculous.

“What did they get called for?” asks the man, Andrew Yaffe, who is white, referring to the police. “Because there are two black guys sitting here meeting me?”

Starbucks has the right to have stupid business practices, but creating an atmosphere where people are likely to want to come and do business regardless of whether or not they want to buy your service and then freaking out when the "wrong people" actually take you up on that is simply not good business.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast