Thread: Tom Woods Involved in Massive Twitter War with Rapper/Activist

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Tom Woods Involved in Massive Twitter War with Rapper/Activist

Is anyone else reading this? This guy has a single A mind and trying to 'hit' a MLB ace like Dr. Woods. He's way out of his league.

This was the best.

Last edited by AuH20; 08-18-2018 at 01:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw it starting, and settled in.

10 hrs of twitter attack and this is it? Where is the beef?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I saw it starting, and settled in.

I've been following it, too.

*pass the popcorn*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

For a moment I thought he decided to copy Donald Trump
    And he just egged on Rosie O'Donnell just for a few laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

If I thought he would go, I'd set up a donation fund so both he and Eric July could go on the ContraCruise.

LOL This guy has no idea that Cantwell was a hardcore libertarian that wanted to violently dissolve the state, before he went heel.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yup.

More devil tongue speak...

Last edited by AuH20; 08-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.

More laughs.....

Yea. White supremacy is the paramount problem on this planet. Maybe if we can get rid of the pale faces, the wanton violence & oppression will stop. There will be no more mass sacrifices or rapefests.

Last edited by AuH20; 08-19-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Philosophy is sound, but without political power it's all for naught.

ANd now the LP chair decided to jump in and specifically to throw some shade at Woods and July? WTF?

ANd now the LP chair decided to jump in and specifically to throw some shade at Woods and July? WTF?

The LP is so toxic. Ugh. I love how they conveniently police their own.

Yessir!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Sawark tweeted this. I guess he's not a fan of secession either?

There is a lot of history here:

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/04/l...mises-uprising

The respective leaderships of the Libertarian National Committee and the Ludwig von Mises Institute (LvMI) have been hurling insults at each other since the Unite the Right rally and subsequent riots in Charlottesville, Virginia last Aug. 11-12. Two days after protester Heather Heyer was rammed and dragged to death by an automobile driven by reported neo-Nazi James Alex Fields, Jr., Sarwark dinged Mises Institute President Jeff Deist for blaming the conflict on politicization without uttering the name "Donald Trump." Then Sarwark took a swing at Woods for defending Murray Rothbard's controversial "paleolibertarian" push toward the reactionary right in the late-1980s and early '90s.

Woods responded by calling Sarwark a "pansy" with "a very low IQ"; Sarwark accused the LvMI of being "the preferred choice of actual Nazis," and then Vohra issued a stinging denunciation of a pro-nationalism speech Deist had given two weeks before Charlottesville that had concluded with the line, "blood and soil and God and nation still matter to people. Libertarians ignore this at the risk of irrelevance." Retorted Vohra: "'Blood and soil' is a central Nazi and nationalist idea....[A]t the current time, Mises Institute has been turned into a sales funnel for the White Nationalist branch of the Alt Right."

Libertarian Party Executive Director Wes Benedict made the distancing exercise complete with an August 15 press release stating, "There is no room for racists and bigots in the Libertarian Party. If there are white nationalists who—inappropriately—are members of the Libertarian Party, I ask them to submit their resignations today. We don't want them to associate with the Libertarian Party, and we don't want their money. I'm not expecting many resignations, because our membership already knows this well."

Then something interesting happened: People didn't leave. In fact, they kept coming in. The Mises Caucus has continued to be one of the fastest-growing blocs within the party, even as the war of words between the L.P. and the LvMI (and Mises allies, such as the libertarian comic Dave Smith) raged on. Joshua Smith announced his candidacy for chair in September, winning an early endorsement from the caucus, and included in his critique of Sarwark "the fights with Tom Woods" and "telling people that maybe you're not the kind of people we want in the Libertarian Party," statements Smith characterized as "a huge ball-drop."

Woods, not previously noted for his party-related activities, organized* (see correction below) the day before the convention a raucous Take Human Action Bash a few blocks away, featuring a lively mix of speakers such as anti-war author Scott Horton and a piped-in Ron Paul. Unusually for both Woods and Paul, their speeches each made first-person plural references to capital-L Libertarians, and were basically pleas to make the party more like, well, Ron Paul

Two hacks berating one another in 280 character bits for the benefit of the sort of people who actually read twitter.

...color me uninterested.

Arrow Virtue signaling LP cracka - born a poor black child

Where did LP find this virtue signaling cracka? No wonder they keep re-running Gary Johnson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Just by the title, I knew it was Talib Kweli.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

The greatness of Tom Woods in a single tweet..

Race baiting sycophant doesn't have the intellectual endurance to hang with Tom. Tom will not surrender the moral high ground in these debates.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Just by the title, I knew it was Talib Kweli.
    I must be out of touch. I've heard of Kanye before. Talib who?

These days, everyone's a rapper. If you make a mix tape in your bedroom and give it out to your friends and family living on the same street, you're an aspiring "rapper".
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Race baiting sycophant doesn't have the intellectual endurance to hang with Tom. Tom will not surrender the moral high ground in these debates.
    Yes, and he did admit he was wrong about Kweli not calling Obama out over war.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

These days, everyone's a rapper. If you make a mix tape in your bedroom and give it out to your friends and family living on the same street, you're an aspiring "rapper".
    He's been around for quite a while. He had a rap duo with fellow leftoid nut Mos Def and had a song do decently on the charts when I was a kid. He's pretty good at what he does, but he's an idiot.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

He was on Dave Chappelle's show a few times, he is a pretty talented Conscious Hip Hop artist who got started in the late 90s and was fairly popular in the early-mid 2000s. Looks like he has continued to make new material, but hasn't had any breakthroughs since Chappelle.

As opposed to gangsta rap, conscious hip hop tends to be more intellectual and focus on helping the black community. He does have the wrong idea about a lot of things, though.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."