Thread: The Cherokee are not pleased with Elizabeth Warren

The Cherokee are not pleased with Elizabeth Warren

I know my ancestry thingy said I'm a little bit injun. (Probably related to uncle @oyarde somehow) I'll have to dig into my family tree to find the specifics one day. But lol @ Pocohantas Warren.

https://www.cherokee.org/News/Storie...rrens-DNA-test

TAHLEQUAH
    , Okla. — Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. issued the following statement Monday in response to Senator Elizabeth Warren’s DNA test claiming Native Heritage: "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America," Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. said. "Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

Cherokee Nation News Release

For Media Inquiries:
    Julie Hubbard 918-207-3896
    julie-hubbard@cherokee.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chuck is right . She is a mockery of america and represents everything wrong with it .
    Do something Danke