Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon is worse than Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I do not use them . I am picky about quality of goods and service . I do not like business that is subsidized . I like to be able to return it for replacement . I buy very little foreign made imported things which is mostly what is available . Walmart itself locally is the example of poor service .
    The old adage was "you get what you pay for".

Trouble with both Amazon and Walmart is that by paying very little for products, like MEAT, the employees have very little incentive to do a good job, and their bosses have very little incentive to either properly train or manage their employees when standard practices, like washing your hands, are not followed.

If anyone bothered to watch the video, the guy talks heavily about lowest possible quality people by a bunch of non english speaking immigrants whose culture is so different from ours that they literally are wiping $#@! on products they pack in your boxes. If you skip past the first few minutes, Alex's guest basically is allowed to talk freely about the numerous problems at Amazon. He includes employee working conditions, types of employees, disposability, returns, processing, and passing off returned damaged items as brand new. Long video and Infowars so I dont blame anyone for not watching it.

Treating human employees like trash is not the only way to bring a high quality lost cost product to a customer.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post

Trouble with both Amazon and Walmart is that by paying very little for products, like MEAT, the employees have very little incentive to do a good job, and their bosses have very little incentive to either properly train or manage their employees when standard practices, like washing your hands, are not followed.

If anyone bothered to watch the video, the guy talks heavily about lowest possible quality people by a bunch of non english speaking immigrants whose culture is so different from ours that they literally are wiping $#@! on products they pack in your boxes. If you skip past the first few minutes, Alex's guest basically is allowed to talk freely about the numerous problems at Amazon. He includes employee working conditions, types of employees, disposability, returns, processing, and passing off returned damaged items as brand new. Long video and Infowars so I dont blame anyone for not watching it.

Treating human employees like trash is not the only way to bring a high quality lost cost product to a customer.
    And despite all of these cost cutting measures the company was not able to show a meaningful profit in the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    And despite all of these cost cutting measures the company was not able to show a meaningful profit in the last 20 years.
    So how did Amazon take over just about everything on the web then?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Nobody pays attention to profits anymore. Revenue is where the game is. By controlling a large portion of the economy you can force the government into giving you lots of contracts/subsidies. Walmart has a lot of catching up to do.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keeping their profit margins low IS how.

Both Amazon and WalMart know exactly how much their employees are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Both Amazon and WalMart know exactly how much their employees are worth.
    As little people are willing to work for and still be able to attract the workers you need. Since they do not require highly skilled labor, they can offer less.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Keeping their profit margins low IS how.
    Shouldn't that be illegal? This looks like communism or a money laundering scheme.

We want high paying jobs but low priced goods- and forget that if you get one, you don't get the other (usually). Low prices are possible only with low costs and labor is the major cost of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    That seems about right . Strange thing is , you cannot buy that matl here for 4 bucks . At a fabric store it would probably run 12 dollars a yard .

That seems about right . Strange thing is , you cannot buy that matl here for 4 bucks . At a fabric store it would probably run 12 dollars a yard .
    Looks liberal to me. That spread between cost to the retailer and price to the consumer isn't pure profit.

Looks liberal to me. That spread between cost to the retailer and price to the consumer isn't pure profit.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well , I figure there are lots of other costs like advertising , transportation etc . I think where they list freight it is listing getting it to the US . Everything here moves on 3 dollar diesel in a 6 mile per hour truck and TV commercials are expensive . Fancy colored ads for the newspaper cannot be cheap . I only look at ads for sporting goods and hardware just so I know what things cost , but the paper is still full of color store ads for every dept store .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-02-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Also , I doubt all of the shirts get sold at fourteen . Many may get marked down to less than 10 before they are all sold .

Shouldn't that be illegal? This looks like communism or a money laundering scheme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA8vfEcUsAEQA4k.jpg

So what is the goal of the company at this point? Government subversion?

I saw some article earlier this week saying amazon sold over 5 billion items on prime last year .

Sick a $.03 Tommy Hilfiger or Calivin Klein label on it and the shirt jumps to $95 dollars.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I saw some article earlier this week saying amazon sold over 5 billion items on prime last year .
    That's another argument for them to be dissolved. They should be divided into Retail, Technology, Entertainment. This entanglement is absolutely unnecessary and the only purpose is tax avoidance while greatly contributing to the pauperization of the society.

So what is the goal of the company at this point? Government subversion?
    The goal of a (typical) company is to earn money. ATM, I have no reason to believe Amazon is any different.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's another argument for them to be dissolved. They should be divided into Retail, Technology, Entertainment. This entanglement is absolutely unnecessary and the only purpose is tax avoidance while greatly contributing to the pauperization of the society.
    Appeal to emotion on a RP forum? SMH. I am disappoint. #bringbackreasonandlogic

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Appeal to emotion on a RP forum? SMH. I am disappoint. #bringbackreasonandlogic
    Are you trying to tell me the economic posture of an average American has improved since 2000?

According to liberty principles, the market can decide. Government should stay out of it, and we don't get to make the rules governing the free market. We can only govern where we spend our money. I buy shampoo at Sally's Beauty Supply. Actually, they give it to me when I renew my discount card with them. I haven't bought shampoo in at least five years.

But if I want toothpaste, I should be able to shop around for the best price.
    #NashvilleStrong

of course you should be able to. . .

but it would be wise to be aware that these behemoths are only able to destroy Main Street with your help and governments subsidies

Are you trying to tell me the economic posture of an average American has improved since 2000?
    I'm telling you the way you phrased it is a bunch of hyperbole and emotion, not an argument.

How much are you guys paying for prime ?

Sounds like Target is possibly set to be scooped up by Amazon. . . I know Target also not too good company to shop from, but if this deal goes through I will definitely never buy another thing from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post

but it would be wise to be aware that these behemoths are only able to destroy Main Street with your help and governments subsidies
    Or maybe I have healthy teeth? My dentist thinks I'm doing pretty well.
    #NashvilleStrong

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey good for you, I really don't care, its up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post

Yeah , personally I like main street . If I needed something I would just get it there . For 2.14 cash I can get two tubes of toothepaste .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast